“Awesome Experience!”

Ranked #22 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Pearland, Texas
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

What a charming place to stay! My husband and I were delighted at the comfort and cleanliness of this B&B. We stayed in the Audubon Suite and I can honestly say this was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in with the best night sleep. Monica pays great attention to detail and is a delightful hostess. Excellent choice!

On a side note: Trolly stop is located directly across the street which is very convenient. Remember to have exact change ($1.50) and you'll do great!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is a great bed and breakfast that I've been going to (when it was known as the Block-Keller House) for almost 10 years.

The management and staff are accessible and friendly. The staff is also very discreet and unintrusive - you don't know they're there unless you would like something. If you are coming to New Orleans and want a place to stay with history, close to the French Quarter but not in it (the Inn is right across the street from the historic street car line) and ice cold a/c throughout the house, this is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Depending upon how many folks are in the Inn, the second floor may be quieter than the first. The f...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My first trip to New Orleans (for a family graduation) and I only was there 2 nights, but I could not have been more pleased with my accommodations. Canal Street Inn is centrally located and adjacent to the street car lines. I had a great room (#6), very quiet and spacious with a private bath. The owner, Monica, could not have been more helpful and gracious -- giving me hints on how to get around town as well as accommodating my need for an early breakfast one morning. I plan to return to New Orleans for a more languid visit, and this is definitely a beautiful old home that is worthwhile re-visiting.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Mary22046
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed here recently while we were in town for a family wedding and were delighted that we found this inn. We chose this inn over others because it was close enough to the family, but outside the bustling and often congested French Quarter.The room was spacious, quiet and comfortable, although a bit too dark during the day. Monica is a lovely hostess and was helpful without being overly solicitous. We enjoyed the breakfasts, which kept us sated until lunchtime. The street car is conveniently located across from the inn and runs regularly during the day. A trip to the French Quarter takes about 20 minutes.

My only complaint was that the bathroom mirror was a rather small. To complicate things, it was hung too high over the sink. I carry a small travel mirror, but with the only good light in the bathroom, I had to sit on the lid of the toilet, which was lightweight plastic and made it awkward. This problem could easily corrected adding a two sided mirror next to the sink.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank passionflora
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay at the Canal Street Inn. This was my first time to stay at a bed and breakfast and I was a little worried that I would not have the privacy that a hotel or rental property would provide. I was wrong. The owner Monica did a fantastic job by being friendly, helpful and accomodating without being overly pushy. The house is absolutely beautiful and it's right on the red street car line. The room we stayed in (#3) was very private and we never heard any other guests. Also the breakfast was always tasty and I would suggest a visit to the Canal Street Bistro, which has amazing food as well. Overall, I'd recommend this B&B for anyone that is looking for a great place to stay when visiting New Orleans.

Room Tip: We stayed in room # 3 which is more secluded as it is upstairs and away from the dining and living r...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EvaCilantro
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

On my first trip to New Orleans I stayed in a large suite (Room #6) at the Canal Street Inn. Not only is the home beautiful with wood floors, high ceilings, stained glass, chandeliers, and a lovely outdoor courtyard, but it is supremely comfortable and conveniently located on the Street Car line. I have stayed in many bed and breakfast establishments, and my stay at the Canal Street Inn was perhaps the best over-all. I enjoyed a hearty breakfast, the luxury of a historic home, the comfort of a large room (huge bathroom, private parlor, bed room, and walk-in closet), and the convenience of being just a 10-minute street car ride from the Quarter.
Stay here when you come to New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank gballor
BAyville
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Location- Fantastic, Access to downtown- Wonderful (street car stop in front of Inn), Management- warm, friendly - Exactly what we would expect from a New Orleans Host. We will absolutely stay at the Canal Street Inn when we return to New Orleans, as will our family and friends. PS……..Homemade Breakfast is incredible! Kari&Alex

Room Tip: Check web site to view rooms. Views on web are actual room views.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family