“Simply perfect!”

Canal Street Inn
Ranked #17 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“Simply perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed at the Inn three nights with my husband & kids (11 & 13) and I couldn't have asked for better. We had the Prytania Master suite (#3), which gave us 2 bedrooms with living area in between. Common areas are perfect for quiet reading and early morning coffee. There is also a chess board and complimentary wine in the evening. Monica is a wonderful host. She is very friendly and gave us the practical advice we needed to get around and dine out in New Orleans. I found the location very convenient, being just a short tramway ride to the French Quarter. Simple and tasty breakfast, too! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie G
Monica R, Manager at Canal Street Inn, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience for Canal Street Inn. I am glad you were able to enjoy not only the comfort of the Prytania Master suite with your family but also the common areas of the house. I like it when families can enjoy the rest of the City with the convenience of the street car. Hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed on Super Bowl weekend 2013 with 3 friends and everything was amazing. The trolly stops literally right outside, breakfast was fantastic everyday, the rooms were comfortable and clean and the host, Monica, made the stay even more memorable. I would certainly recommend staying here and clearly I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

My family and I stayed at the Canal Street Inn over Superbowl Weekend and had an amazing stay at the Inn. The Inn is beautiful and the attention to detail in every room was lovely. Monica Ramsey the Inn's owner and manager made our stay unforgettable. Breakfast in the dining room was delicious and we could not have asked for a better way to start our day. Afternoon coffee, tea and light snacks was a nice treat and in the evening she always has out a bottle of wine. Monica treated us like family, even at 5am when she made sure that my son's taxi to the airport arrived. This was our first experience in a bed and breakfast and look forward to returning to the Canal Street Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Monica and her family as well as her staff are absoulutely superb. From the moment I arrived I was treated like family, and felt right at home. The entire time I was there Friday 2/8 thru 2/10 was perfect, the room was very comfortable and cozy. The rest of the B&B was charming. The day of the super parade of Endymion was great, Monica and her family went above and beyond making sure their guest was part of the city festivities. Also I would like to add, that she welcomed my friends 90yr old mother with open arms, for this I am truly thankful. I can't wait to make reservations for next year. Also, the Endymion parade route goes right in front of the Canal Street Inn B&B making it the perfect place to stay during Mardi Gras.

Room Tip: Room #5 will accomodate three people easily with plenty of room to spare.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend and two other friends for Super Bowl weekend and had an amazing time! The location was perfect, there is a trolly that picks you up right out front and drops you off right at Bourbon St. The breakfast was great, the hospitality was perfect, and Monica, the host, was very educational. We had such a great experience. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

My wife and I experienced a memorably wonderful five days at the Canal Street Inn during the Christmas holiday. Monica Ramsey, the owner/manager, is a warm and charismatic hostess who is a great cook and a rich source of information on all the sights to visit in New Orleans. We look forward to returning the Inn soon.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor is ideal for folks who don't do stairs well.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bobby G
Monica R, Manager at Canal Street Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
My sincere gratitude for your kind review. Celebrating the Holidays in New Orleans is great fun. I'm glad you chose to stay at the Inn for your trip. Hope to see you back soon...maybe next a Mardi Gras in New Orleans!!
Richmond, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

My husband and I decided to take a last minute anniversary trip to New Orleans. Monica at the Canal St Inn was very accommodating and made us feel like we were home. The Bed & Breakfast is absolutely beautiful and has so much history in the home. We will definitely be returning in the near future!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Monica R, Manager at Canal Street Inn, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you Jennifer for your kind review. I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing and enjoyable anniversary weekend. I look forward to your return visit.