“Very Good but could use a good cleaning”
Review of Canal Street Inn

Canal Street Inn
Ranked #21 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Beautiful home in a great location. Street car stop is right in front of the house with about a 15-20 ride to Bourbon Street. We parked on the street each night without any problems. Only about 3 vehicles can be parked in the back and then the parking is very tight. Breakfast varied and was very good each morning. Our only complaint was our room was Very Dusty! The shelves, blinds, woodwork, etc all seems to have not been dusted in a very long time. The bathroom was the same way. So sorry to have to give this negative because overall, it was a very lovely B&B

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 686WarmSprings686
Monica R, Manager at Canal Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Canal Street Inn. We always like honest feedback of the experience of our guests. I appreciate the positive note about our convenient location in regards to parking and the street car. Our sincerest apologies for the dustiness of your room. We take pride in the cleanliness of the Inn and apologize that the cleaniness was not up to your standards, nor our own. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we most certainly will make sure that doesn't happen again for future guests.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed 3 nights and will stay here again. Monica is very friendly and welcomed us into her home. The home is very nice with large living area, large dining, and ample sized rooms. The backyard has lots of green and colorful flowers, and a pergola with a cover, nice to sit outside while it is raining and not get wet. The front porch is large and over looks Canal Street. The trolley stop is right in front of the inn and makes it very convenient to get around.The breakfast we had was really good, better than any hotel would make available. The location and friendly relaxed staff make for a winning combination for a great time, (bon ton roulette).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a positive description of the house! I am grateful you were able to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the house, both inside and out. Hopefully your future travels will bring you back to Canal Street Inn!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed at the Inn three nights with my husband & kids (11 & 13) and I couldn't have asked for better. We had the Prytania Master suite (#3), which gave us 2 bedrooms with living area in between. Common areas are perfect for quiet reading and early morning coffee. There is also a chess board and complimentary wine in the evening. Monica is a wonderful host. She is very friendly and gave us the practical advice we needed to get around and dine out in New Orleans. I found the location very convenient, being just a short tramway ride to the French Quarter. Simple and tasty breakfast, too! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience for Canal Street Inn. I am glad you were able to enjoy not only the comfort of the Prytania Master suite with your family but also the common areas of the house. I like it when families can enjoy the rest of the City with the convenience of the street car. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed on Super Bowl weekend 2013 with 3 friends and everything was amazing. The trolly stops literally right outside, breakfast was fantastic everyday, the rooms were comfortable and clean and the host, Monica, made the stay even more memorable. I would certainly recommend staying here and clearly I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My family and I stayed at the Canal Street Inn over Superbowl Weekend and had an amazing stay at the Inn. The Inn is beautiful and the attention to detail in every room was lovely. Monica Ramsey the Inn's owner and manager made our stay unforgettable. Breakfast in the dining room was delicious and we could not have asked for a better way to start our day. Afternoon coffee, tea and light snacks was a nice treat and in the evening she always has out a bottle of wine. Monica treated us like family, even at 5am when she made sure that my son's taxi to the airport arrived. This was our first experience in a bed and breakfast and look forward to returning to the Canal Street Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Monica and her family as well as her staff are absoulutely superb. From the moment I arrived I was treated like family, and felt right at home. The entire time I was there Friday 2/8 thru 2/10 was perfect, the room was very comfortable and cozy. The rest of the B&B was charming. The day of the super parade of Endymion was great, Monica and her family went above and beyond making sure their guest was part of the city festivities. Also I would like to add, that she welcomed my friends 90yr old mother with open arms, for this I am truly thankful. I can't wait to make reservations for next year. Also, the Endymion parade route goes right in front of the Canal Street Inn B&B making it the perfect place to stay during Mardi Gras.

Room Tip: Room #5 will accomodate three people easily with plenty of room to spare.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend and two other friends for Super Bowl weekend and had an amazing time! The location was perfect, there is a trolly that picks you up right out front and drops you off right at Bourbon St. The breakfast was great, the hospitality was perfect, and Monica, the host, was very educational. We had such a great experience. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends