“Pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
atlanta
“Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Just stayed there this last weekend. Paid $300/night for two bedroom suite. We are seasoned travelers, and would say this isn't worth the price. They wouldn't clean the room unless we called, and it was very noisy. Tried to mention the problem to front desk, but they just blew it off. Not worth the price. It's also not as close to French quarter as advertised

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank georgiaman
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Hi Georgiaman,

Thank you for your review. I would like to start by apologizing for the issues you had with our housekeeping service and I can assure you that we have spoken with the team to make sure that doesn’t happen again. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests and offer services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. The next time you are in New Orleans please consider staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Came to New Orleans for vacation with my husband and two teenage children. Our room had two queen beds and a sofa bed, a microwave, two flat-screen TVs, and a full-size refrigerator. The shower had adequate water pressure and nice towels.

The free breakfast had cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, and some hot items, which varied each day.

Parking was about a block away and was about $19 a day. Pool and hot tub were adequate, although the pool was a little cold, and the hot tub was actually too hot to really use.

We were able to walk to everything in the French Quarter and to the WWII museum, although the hotel was a little further away than I had thought. Still, it was a good choice for us.

2 Thank ksmom2Kansas
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Hi ksmom2Kansas,

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that you thought we were a very nice hotel for a family vacation. Our amenities, and central location, definitely are contributing factors to our hotel's success. Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed for business for 3 nights. First night I could not latch the door to my room. In the morning I notified the front desk about the door not bolting, and that the lights in the bathroom had tripped a breaker. I returned late that night and found the lights working but the door not fixed. I tried again and found I had to put my shoulder into the door to lock the bolt.
Next day, lights went out again in the bathroom. I told the front desk again. When I returned it wasn't fixed and front desk advised me to check the GFI in the sink area. I reset and that fixed the problem. Odd that the bathroom lights and fan are tied to the vanity GFI, but the vanity lights were still on. Overloaded with the hotel provided hair dryer?
Room was OK, AC was loud, there was a hole in the wall behind the door. Loved the explanation about the energy savings thermostat. That explained why it always 5 degrees hotter in the room than what it should have been.

Also I attempted to use the hot tub and pool, but the hot tub was the same temp as the pool. No hot in the Hot tub. I advised the front desk and they called engineering, they said they were aware of it. If they were then why no signs? Besides the fact, entry to the hot tub is unsafe with no steps and a 2 ft brick step.
Overall found the hotel in OK condition but some things need to be maintained better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris V
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Hi Vangorcp,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned regarding the security latch and the hot tub have been addressed. Though they are in the process of repair, we apologize for these issues not being fixed sooner and lack of notice. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give the Homewood Suites New Orleans-Downtown a second chance if you return to the area.
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Came to NOLA for my 50th birthday with my best friend. Apart from a small problem at check in the hotel was really good. The suite accomodation on the 5th floor was very spacious and comfortable - also well equipped. Small criticisms, the air con was very noisy and not the most efficient, and the living room areas could do with a ceiling light but apart from that was fine. The breakfasts were good too but with so many restaurants we did not sample the "welcome home" evening food. The pool/jacuzzi was nice whilst my friend also found the small gym to be well equipped. Hotel also has a good location being easy walking distance to French Quarter but far away enough from the noise and madness!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dinoSwindon
Hi dinoSwindon,

Happy belated birthday! We are ecstatic that you chose to celebrate your 50th birthday at our hotel, and in our city. Hopefully, you enjoyed yourself so much, that you will make this an annual trip. Once again, thank you for your business! Hope to see you next year!!!
Shreveport, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have been coming to New Orleans for years, stayed from the quarter to Sr. Charles without any problems until this stay. We were in town for my son's grad- school graduation. We choose this because of the suite and we are Hilton honor members, While getting ready for celebration dinner started looking for my shoes, gone from my suitcase,not one pair three pairs!!!!! Two pair dress shoes and one pair tennis shoes. I had to borrow shoes from my son's girlfriend. The comment from manager was why would someone steal shoes, sorry. If you stay here hide you shoes. I will never stay here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank melody h
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Hi melody h,

We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. We appreciate your speed in bringing this to our attention and allowing us to follow up with our security team. Our General Manager tried to contact you via telephone, and also left a message asking you to contact him so that we may get this issue resolved. Please contact him at 504-581-5599 or dennis.pearse@dimdev.com Once again, thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with two other ladies from work. We had the two bedroom suite. The bathrooms were spacious and the linens were high quality. It is a little farther from the quarter than we expected. The breakfast is hot with eggs and bacon on most days. It is a self serve and self park hotel. There is no one to help you with your bags which was surprising considering the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank 2015Roadrunner
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Hi Bacoats,

Thank you for staying with us during your past visit to New Orleans. We are ecstatic that you found our suites to be awesome. Once again, thank you for your business!
Washington, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I always stay at this propery when in New Orleans, period. While I am not a frequesnt guest, I was recognized and welcomed back. This was done by people who were not in the normal chain of "welcome staff". This was impressive!
More impressive, the head of the housekeeping staff got into the elevator with me; he asked if my room was perfect. I said that I had not complaints but that one light was not working. He immediately communicated with others that he was changing priorities and going to my room to mkae sure that my light was working. Again, quite impressive and more than worthy of a total recommendation.
I made a reservtaion that was for a "smoking room"; it is my bad habit and I don't need to hear any comments on it. The fact is that they had no "smoking rooms" when I got there for whatever reason. Again, I was totally impressed by the fact that they provided me with a larger room than reserved at no cost so that my "vice" could be indulged as per the contract.
I am sure that there are placed that offer similar levels of honorable behavior, service and quality. I have found them but at two to three times the price per night.
I should add that there were a nice number of children around. While I was not there on a "family matter", it is a good place to consider for such times.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Reage55
Hi Reage55,

We are thrilled that you found your last stay with us to be amazingly good! Our team members really enjoy what they do, and they will be delighted to hear all of your wonderful comments. We also appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of future assistance. My contact info is keith.normand@dimdev.com or 504-581-5599. Once again, thank you for your business!