“slow service, old ugly rooms”

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #96 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 October 2013

even by the low end NOLA standards this hotel was bad. the couch would have a hard time getting sold at salvation army, why it was in a Hilton hotel room is beyond me. The floor was disgusting, the bathroom fixtures were loose in the walls and the staff was more concerned about telling jokes to each other than attending to the people at the front desk. I'm a hilton diamond member, so I understand the standards that Hilton tries to attain, and I won't be staying at this hotel again...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at our hotel during your visit to New Orleans. Please accept my apologies apologize that you did not receive the service you expected. I have shared your comments with our team members so that your concerns are addressed. Please know that we are working hard to make sure that your experience is not duplicated. Thank you again.

Jennifer Jones, Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites New Orleans

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Great hotel with awesome people at the front desk. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to main points of interest; you can walk from this hotel to main attractions. Great room with all the amenities. Very good free breakfast in the morning

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at this facility for 8 nights on vacation. I found this hotel very suitable. The free breakfast was excellent and they served free dinner and drinks Monday - Thursday! The rooms were quite and clean. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

The best part of my stay was the interaction with the concierge. Kylie was extremely helpful. She suggested tours and booked them for us. Kylie gave us a map of the area and pointed out attractions and safe places to go at night.

Kylie was the first person we saw every morning and she greeted us with a welcome smile and always inquired about our adventures and wanted to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. Even though it wasn't her job Kylie even cleared tables so that we had a place to sit at breakfast! Kylie went above and beyond!

I will definitely stay at Homewood Suites during my next trip to the Big Easy!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Value hotel. Good location for entertainment and dining options. Service is good and staff friendly. Pool could have been better maintained. Carpet wet in room and portable a/c in bedroom. Room did not cool down well.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. It is by far my favorite place to stay when I am in New Orleans. You cannot beat the price for all of the amenities that you received. The staff are all wonderful; especially, the two bellmen. They were outstanding. Hats off to everyone at this Homewood hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRAVEL200GIRL
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel was located within walking distance to the French Quarter. Great place to stay. Great prices. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The suites were very nice. I will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I stay in Hilton Hotels for work ALL the time, including Homewood Suites. This hotel is dirty... The hallways look no better than a Days Inn would look and the rooms smell of stale cigarettes and mold. I felt dirty when I left the morning after I stayed. The staff is kind and helpful but this hotel needs a lot of renovation work!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Andy and Melinda,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of our guestrooms and common areas and we apologize for this experience. Thank you for recognizing our helpful and friendly staff. We really want the best for our guests and I'm sorry that we unable to meet that expectation. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we are working to make sure that your experience is not duplicated moving forward. I hope that if your travels bring you back to our area that you will consider staying with us again.

Thank you, Jennifer Jones, Director of Sales