“Homewood Suites - New Orleans!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans
Ranked #85 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel, staff and proximity to all the main city attractions are top notch!! The pool and hot tub are inviting - the concierage will do all she can to make sure that you are visiting the city highlights and also make sure that you know of anything you are missing. The sleep quality is not a 100% - but that is no fault of the hotel's, its the location. Lots of noise from honking horns and sirens...

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Upon arrival the hallway and room smelled of mildew I contacted to front desk and they sent the maintance up with air fresher which was terrible. Then the bathroom light didn't work. The housekeeping cleaning was horrible. I asked for a wake up call I didn't get it. Then on myy final billed I was over charged. I contact the manager on duty about my issues and she was so rude I asked to speak to some one else she said she would have to have her manager call me from home. She called me and was arguing with me on the phone she has no professionalism. I can not believe how we was treated. This was my birthday weekend and I had a great time in the city but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I did not get the room I ws promise. So when you book online don't expect the same kind of room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Zenella, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and apologize for the disappointing condition of your guestroom. I'm sorry that you encountered a billing issue and hope that it was eventually rectified to your satisfaction. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience, and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and service expectations.

Kind regards, Jennifer Jones, Director of Sales

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Homewood suites was quiet, clean and gave us exactly what we needed. Beds were comfortable, suite was spacious, and the breakfast was perfect for our tight schedule. Kylie , the concierge was extremely helpful in booking tours, providing direction and recommending sites to visit.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My sisters and I took my mom to New Orleans for her 85th birthday celebration. This hotel is excellent in terms of service and location. Kylie - the concierge - was superb in terms of providing tips on things to do, directing us on maps when we rented a car and entertaining my mom on her birthday day. We had a wonderful vacation thanks to this excellent hotel and to Kylie!

Room Tip: With 4 adults - my 2 sisters, my mother and me, we had a suite for 6 nights. The suite had 3 rooms...
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hotel is in a great location. Compared to our previous stay at Homewood Suites in New Jersey which was wonderful, this hotel property is between poor/average. Our initial room had a sleeper sofa that was ripe off and had to request for another room. Breakfast food selection was not very impressive either on weekdays compared to weekends!

We had valet parking - we found out the valet attendant took all the quarters and a few dollar bills from the coin compartment.

However, Kylie from the concierge was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a lot of good suggestions.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel has gone downhill in the last few years. We stayed there last week for 8 nights for a convention - a family of four with a toddler and a newborn. Three pairs of my toddler's socks turned black from playing in the room. The carpets were so filthy that we became worried about the health of our family and newborn. We all got colds and requested a room change half way into our stay. The new room was only marginally cleaner and the sheets were dirty on the pull out bed.

When we checked out, we accidentally left a very large empty suitcase in our room and after 5 phone calls and 4 days, we were told it was not there. How can a very large white suitcase go missing? How come it takes housekeeping so long to check in someone's room and call them back? This was a terrible experience all around. I would never take my family back there. We go to New Orleans 8-10 times a year and never had this experience in any other hotel, even ones much cheaper. Traveler beware!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We apologize that your experience was not as positive as it should have been. I am working with our team members to correct the issues that you indicated. We are addressing carpet specifically based upon your feedback. Additionally, after speaking with our Manager I do apologize that after you left the message for our Executive Housekeeper on Monday following your departure that she did not respond until Tuesday. Unfortunately the suitcase was not located prior to your call or after you left the message.

We appreciate your feedback and wish that your visit would have resulted in a positive view of our hotel.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones, Director of Sales

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Because of my frequent travels, I often look for the extra little things that make a hotel a great place to stay. Most of the major hotel chains that cater to business travelers get it right with regards to the typical package of amenities. So, it becomes the "above and beyond the call of duty" items that make some hotels stand above others.

This Homewood Suites location stands way above the others. In addition to the standard amenities, it was actually a pleasure to walk into the lobby each day to hear the employees chime out "welcome home". Now words are nice, but actions are king...and the staff here put actions behind their words. It was as if they were thinking ahead of me, giving me ideas and recommendations to make my stay in New Orleans more enjoyable (and it wasn't just packaged diatribe, they genuinely showed interest and tailored their responses to my needs).

Another great perk - Manager receptions. OK, I know, a lot of hotels do this, but I'm used to the bowl of tortilla chips and endless supply of salsa. This was actually really tasty, wholesome food. In fact, I had to watch myself, because one of the reasons I enjoy visiting New Orleans is the ability to eat at some great restaurants.

And finally, the breakfasts...a great selection of freshly prepared breakfast foods (with selection changing daily). There was no need to load up the scrambled eggs with catsup to make them moist enough to get down the gullet.

All in all, between the great customer service, the comfy bed, and the great food, this is a great place to stay (especially if you're looking at a longer stay).

Room Tip: Be prepared to spend considerable extra dollars on parking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business