“bring your own sheets towels pillows and blankets!!!”

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #93 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
“bring your own sheets towels pillows and blankets!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

took a stroll through the hotel and it was nice, pretty reasonable. my room was on the 4th floor n as I went back to my room I noticed the closet by my room was open and I'm nosy so I poked my head in. wow!!! what did I find? let's just say if this is all you can afford then bring your own towels sheets pillows and blankets!!! I didn't give a reason why but I checked out immediately!

• Stayed June 2014
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Bruce L,

I'm glad that initially you really like the hotel. The closet you photographed is usually locked and due to it being unlocked appeared to be ransacked by unknown persons. I apologize that you encountered this and it caused you to depart the hotel early. We have reminded our team and our security to make sure that all doors are secured so that this will not happen again. Thank you for sharing your review.

Kind regards, Jennifer Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family just returned from our trip to New Orleans. The hotel is conveniently located in the business district within easy walking distance to the French Quarter, Harrah's casino and the Superdome. The staff was helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Since we were staying for the weekend, we were provided a free breakfast but not an evening reception. The breakfast offering was varied and of adequate quality although my wife advised me to avoid the coffee. On her advice, we subsequently went to Dee's, PJ's and Cafe du Monde for our morning coffee. All of which I would highly recommend.

Now, the ugly part of this review. We were warned that the sofa bed in our room was worn by the front desk manager. The vinyl on it was actually ripped in several places on the back cushion. The fitness room contained 2 treadmills one of which didn't work at all. The elliptical machine that I used would not allow you to raise the volume of the TV only lower it. Finally, the night I arrived home after our trip I discovered that I had been bitten by bed bugs during our stay. Hopefully, the hotel will be fumigated during its upcoming rennovations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear David_BJ8464NU,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the hotel. We are really glad that the hotel team was pleasant and helpful to you during your visit with us in New Orleans. I'm so sorry to hear about the bites you sustained. Please call us directly so that we may note your room number to investigate this issue. We have not had complaints and have been full this week so we really want to make sure that if there is an issue we address it immediately. I can be reached at the hotel at 504-581-5599.

Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel staff including front desk down to valet were all incredibly awesome. The hospitality that we were shown any time we entered the hotel was incredible. Even the valet were awesome, smiled, always getting the door for us! Rooms were clean and great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you for choosing to visit us during your time in New Orleans. We are so glad that you had an awesome stay and that our team was so great to you. We hope that you will consider our hotel in the future should you return to New Orleans.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very nice and pleasant staff. The hotel is right 4 blocks from French Quarter. Breakfast and dinner included . Rooms need TLC but our room was neatly clean. During dinner you get free wine and beers. More than expected!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dolores R
Dear Dolores R,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It is so wonderful that you enjoyed your visit with us and thought your guest suite neat and clean. Our renovations will simply enhance everything that you enjoyed and our team is very excited about the changes. We hope you return soon.

Kennesaw
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Picked this hotel for it's overall value - price included breakfast and evening meal and drink and you really cannot beat that!! Hotel is about to start renovations and they will certainly be an improvement. Location is ideal for access to all areas of NOLA within a 15 minute walk or taxis readily available for further. Place was "covered" with kids when I was there so didn't get the chance to use the pool - maybe next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Gus S
Dear Gus S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed our location and overall all the amenities that come included with the base rate for a guest suite. We are so excited about our renovations and although the hotel will be all the better for them, our guests overall really enjoy staying with us for the great service.

We appreciate you and hope to see you again soon!

Jennifer Jones
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Rooms were in bad condition. They had a mildew and damp order to them. The Manager did great strides in accomodating our needs. The entire staff was great. But the rooms need an overhaul badly. The couches were falling apart. We never sat on them. We saw two additonal room and they were all in the same condition.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Pete M
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Pete M,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with Homewood Suites by Hilton during your recent visit to New Orleans. I apologize about the damp odor and the condition of the sofa in your suite. During the summer months if the a/c is not at a low temperature humidity in New Orleans does affect the air feel and smell indoors. We have used your feedback to be sure that our team members are using the appropriate systems that we have in place to correct this now. We are very excited about our upcoming renovations this summer which will address the overall decor throughout the hotel and as well the sofa you mentioned. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband and mom a couple of weeks ago and the hotel was just ok. When we were checking in they warned us about a messed up couch in the room and that they were getting ready to go through renovations. Well when we walked in the room we saw the couch it was terrible. I wish they would have covered it up or something it was just an eye sore. We found cigarettes in the room which by the way the room was a non smoking room. I hope they hurry up and start renovations because the hotel needs it. The hotel is in a good location close to Canal Street. The breakfast was nothing special. We stayed over the weekend so we did not get to have the dinner they offer. The staff was friendly, just my only complaint is the rooms.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Galina P
Dear Galina P,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites New Orleans during your recent visit to our city. We are very excited about our upcoming renovations which will update our decor throughout the hotel and address the sofa issue as well. I invite you to try us again later this summer once we have renovated a few floors late July or early August. The renovations planned are simply beautiful and they are quiet - completely contained on the floor being renovated until we begin renovating the lobby area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions about future reservations and I hope you give us another chance so we change our 'Just ok' into a 'WOW!'

Sincerely, Jennifer