“Awful hotel”

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #94 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was dirty and rundown. When we booked the rez, I noticed a note stating that a renovation was coming up. While a reno is certainly needed, that shouldn't give them license to ignore the property in the interim. Only bad Homewood ever!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank cdsieb
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Cdsieb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that you did not encounter the hotel you expected during your stay. If you have the time, I would like to speak with you directly to discern specific issues you encountered during your stay. We are currently undergoing renovations, however I want to assure you that we do not ignore the hotel's as daily cleaning and attention to our guests is paramount to being a great hotel. I look forward to speaking with you soon - 504-581-5599.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Yes, the hotel will soon be renovated, but knowing that ahead of time and the pleasant staff there made us a little more tolerant of "dated" rooms. Breakfast provided each morning was appreciated and the concierge was such a help in planning our days. I would love to go back some day and see the renovations when complete.
The only oddness was housekeeping making our beds, but leaving dirty cups and paper trash on the counters.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DinMcGin

Dear DinMcGin,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to New Orleans. I'm so glad our team was very friendly and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We are excited about our renovations that will bring us from dated to rejuvenated by the end of Summer. I have shared your review with our team so that we may improve where necessary. We appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our first visit to New Orleans and had a great stay. The staff were great and very friendly. The managers reception meal was an added bonus. The hotel is under renovation so, you need to put up with it. It's still worth the stay. We never heard any hammering during our stay. We were within walking distance to the French quarter and the Riverwalk areas.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Dan C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and share your view of our hotel. We are so happy that you had a great stay. Our renovations are in full swing and unless you happen to get off the floor where they are renovating you will not hear them as they are moving quickly but quietly through the rooms to get them ready for your return.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Just left home wood suites yesterday! Loved the two bedroom suite!! Although the room was definitely outdated the value and MOST of the service cannot be beat! They had a full kitchen, comfortable beds and pillows and 3 TVs! The concierge and door men were AMAZING! Very helpful and patient! We thought it was pretty neat that they served a complimentary breakfast AND dinner. Although one night we had spaghetti and the only noodles they had was macaroni and cheese. The dinner also had free wine and beer! My only real complaint was the kitchen staff. I have an almost 12 year old son who was making a waffle and they dispenser handle broke on him. The container was obviously already broke and was leaking everywhere. We had already talked to other patrons that were complaining about the waffle maker being broke and how they only had one machine for just a big hotel. It was a little annoying but we just moved on until the next day when one of the staff came up to me (in front of other patrons) and told me I needed to watch my kids. Granted, I have 4 kids but I always try to watch them and make sure no food is wasted. The kitchen staff (excluding one sweet lady- maybe rose?) were very unpleasant and would run into people AMD never apologize.
All in all we would stay there again but the kitchen staff definitely needs to work on customer service!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank prw222
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear PRW222,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites for your visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel overall was perfect for you and your family. I apologize that we were less than pleasant overall during your time in the lodge. I have had all the equipment checked and everything is in working order at this time. We do prefer that under aged kids not self serve in the pantry area as the waffle iron, and the pot of grits can be very hot and dangerous for children who are aren't used to the equipment. We hope that you do return as have used your review to reiterate our focus on service for all of our guests.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was a comfortable place to stay. As a family of four we had plenty of room. Make sure that you budget enough for parking though because it is pricey. The location of this hotel is good, close to French Quarters and other main attractions.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Valerie O,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that you will once again choose to stay us on a return trip.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived on a Sunday and were received by a very courteous Valet named Dean. It was just the beginning of a great stay. We were treated very well by the entire staff. Kylie was our concierge and was absolutely the best lining up excursions, she was extremely personable and was refreshing compared to other hotels that we have stayed at. The food is amazing, Mary was fantastic keeping the food fresh and the area very clean. And she was also extremely personable which makes staying away from home so much easier. I have to say that the food that was prepared by Jondell was the best that I had on a 10 state excursion, too. The room was great and any problems that we encountered were taken care of promptly. I highly recommend this hotel and although it's a bit of a hike from the French Quarter, will gladly stay there again.

Dear Jim F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. We appreciate you choosing the Homewood Suites and look forward to greeting you again if your travels return you to New Orleans.

My Best, Jennifer Jones

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

took a stroll through the hotel and it was nice, pretty reasonable. my room was on the 4th floor n as I went back to my room I noticed the closet by my room was open and I'm nosy so I poked my head in. wow!!! what did I find? let's just say if this is all you can afford then bring your own towels sheets pillows and blankets!!! I didn't give a reason why but I checked out immediately!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Bruce L,

I'm glad that initially you really like the hotel. The closet you photographed is usually locked and due to it being unlocked appeared to be ransacked by unknown persons. I apologize that you encountered this and it caused you to depart the hotel early. We have reminded our team and our security to make sure that all doors are secured so that this will not happen again. Thank you for sharing your review.