“Awful!!! Beware of valet...” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #89 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Cocoa, Florida
“Awful!!! Beware of valet...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If I could give this place zero stars I would! First off im a hilton honors gold member (4 nights from diamond)...anyhow they stuck me in this room that looked like it had been ransacked. The couch was ripped and torn, carpets were old and tearing and the phone and fridge were broken! This was not tje only problem...they charge 36 dollars a day (after tax) to park and something was up with the valet guys! I have a new car and monitor the miles and in 12 hours the valets put 43 miles on my car! What were they doing?? On top of that I was outside late at night (around 430am) and see my car (which was parked for 3 hours) come pulling in the hotel stop amd drive off again! when I confronted them they had no amswer and passed blame. I would seriously RECONSIDER stayinh here! there are so many nicer places to stay! This place needs torn down amd rebuilt. Its old, musty, and the conditions are deplorable! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY ELSEWHERE!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank puttsey1030
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear puttsey1030,

Thank you sharing a review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our valet department. We share and discuss every review and I assure you that we will provide their manager with this information to insure that this doesn't occur. Our renovation is in full swing and is a wonderful upgrade to the hotel. We should be complete by mid September. The renovation will address all of the furniture and carpet concerns you expressed. I'm sorry that you your experience was not what we wanted for you and thank you again for sharing.

My best, Jennifer Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for a family wedding for 3 nights. We enjoyed the evening reception and the breakfast in the morning. The rooms are really big(including the bathroom) which is nice when you have family with you. The hotel needs updating which is planned for late summer and fall. You can walk to lots of restaurants, attractions and such. There is a Rouses Market just 2-3 blocks from the hotel were you can get ready made food, water and lots of other great treats!
Streetcar is just 2 blocks away!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear PattiDallas_Tx,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are very excited about our renovations which are actually going on right now. We expect they will be complete by the middle of September. We hope that you will return to enjoy our updated facility.

Alamogordo, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel had a musty smell throughout, the rooms had window AC units which had water condensation that dripped on the carpet and laid on the window sills. There was a couch in the room that was at one time leather or leather like, but now looked very old and in very bad condition and very dirty. The chairs were stained with dirt and food. The beds were worn out and offered no support, pillows were soft and flat. There were spots of a spilled drink on many areas of the hotel, that was not cleaned up until Monday. One of the beds in our room smelled like fish. The breakfast was good with hot scrambled eggs, ham, and hot and cold cereals. There was a variety of breads to be heated, and a variety of juices.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the garbage truck route, they picked up garbage at 6:00 am and there was sev...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank Rover228
Dear Rover 228,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. My apologies that you had a less than great stay with us. We care currently renovating which will address the issues you experienced regarding the furniture and the a/c's. I'm so sorry for your experience as this is not what we wanted for you and your guests. We are quietly renovating the hotel top down and our renovations will be complete by the end of September. Please do give us another try.

TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel is located right in downtown, the location is pretty good, only a few blocks from Bourbon Street via the back roads. The hotel room itself was decent, receptionist also and the valet (a little high at $35 a night). The breakfast lacked fresh fruit and juices, the rest was very common, nothing that says, "I am in New Orleans." The evening dinner was from 5-7pm, really early, with traffic, it is almost impossible to get there before 6pm. Dinner was sandwiches, not much of a dinner, so had to go back out at night for a real dinner. I am disappointed to say the least, as I try to stay at Home Wood Suites as much as I can, will definitely not return to this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank enderart
Dear enderart,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience at the Homewood Suites. I'm sorry that you were less than pleased as we want all of our guests's experiences to the best they can be. It isn't easy to appeal to a wide range of back grounds and dining tastes. Our brand is unique in that we provide a full buffet breakfast and a light dinner meal and the menu choices vary daily and monthly, but can be found at all of our Homewood Suites across the country. I hope that you will try out brand throughout your travels and that if you should return to New Orleans that you will give us another try.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I got a room at the Homewood Suites at the last minute on Priceline.com. The hotel is pretty conveniently located. We had no issues checking in or out. Like other reviewers, we found the hotel a bit dated and run down. They are undergoing renovations however, so that is a positive. We only heard a little bit of hammering the morning we were checking out, but it wasn't bad. Our room was equipped with a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) which was nice, although we were only there one night and didn't really use it. The room was clean, plenty of towels, the bed & pillows were just so-so. Our biggest issue with the room was the AC. When we arrived, the AC did not appear to be cooling very well. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance to our room quickly to look at it however I'm not really sure he did anything. Our room wasn't as cool as we would have liked and the ceiling fan in the bedroom didn't work either. We did not eat the free breakfast, so I cannot comment on it. I would stay in this hotel again if I had to, but certainly there are other places to stay in New Orleans that are nicer for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Missy F
Dear Missy F,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. My apologies that you did not receive the service/value that you deserved during your stay. We try to address every issue that is brought to our attention quickly and to the benefit of the guest. I'm sorry as it appears you were not pleased with the results. We are renovating the hotel and hope that you will return to give us another try. Please give me a call is you need reservations in the future.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin. We were in New Orleans for a family reunion with over 45 family members staying at the hotel. Our first night checking was pretty good even when they told my family that the hotel is under renovation. It wasn't until we did a once over of the room that we found problem after problem and every time we had to call the front desk we were always told " what do you want me to do?

Because my mother uses a wheelchair we requested handicap room.
First, there was no handicap shower chair, our refrigerator did not work, and the deadbolt would not lock the door. So we called the front desk just to be told by the staff member, unfortunately we don't have any other refrigerators, but we can give you a lunch box cooler to use use during your stay, as for the shower chair we were told "the ADA does not allow Homewood Suites to give out shower chairs!" We ask how are we to give her a shower without a chair, my mother uses a wheelchair they suggested we use her wheelchair. After complaining for several hours and speaking to the manager (most of the time we got the run around as to who was the manager) we received a replacement refrigerator, after 3 days they some how found a shower chair, and the deadbolt was fixed.

It doesn't stop their, our room along with one other room were the only rooms that had the old fashion swamp cooler air condition units. Our room stayed damp and humid our entire stay, condensation in the windows with a towel to catch the water drippings. My dad who is a diabetic cut the bottom of one of his feet from the nail strip sticking out of the carpet. They sent a someone up to inspect the situation and he tried hammering the nails down with a pair of pliers (what a joke)! Basically, they made their problems our problem!

Unless you like complaining, NEVER STAY AT THE HOMEWOOD SUITES! It should be known as HOMEHOOD SUITES! For what they charge it should be stay 1 night and we will give you 6 FREE nights.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank saints2010_11
Dear saints2010_11,

My apologies that you had such a difficult stay. I know that my General Manager spoke with you directly while you were in the hotel during your stay and worked with you to rectify these issues. This is not the stay we wanted you and your family to experience in our hotel and you have our deepest apologies for this experience.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones
Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location. Staff was friendly and always helpful. Breakfast in particular was excellent. Rooms were quiet, very big. It is being renovated as well. Close to the museums on Magazine St, and just a few blocks to the French Quarter. Definitely staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Ms. Becky C,

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience here, at the Homewood Suites New Orleans. Our guests think our location is a best of both worlds scenario! Walking distance to everything. Our renovations are in full swing and are expected complete by September, although if you were staying with us during them you would never know (except for the movement of new appliances and furniture into the hotel!) I hope we see you again soon.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones