“Unhappiness could have been prevented!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans
Ranked #85 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great Location!! Clean and very large rooms!! The air conditioner was not cooling properly and we did not have linens for pull out sofa. However the maintenance Dept attempted to correct the air problem several times.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Donnie M,

Thank you for sharing a review of our hotel and your experience. I'm so sorry about the inconveniences you experienced regarding the sofa sleeper and the a/c. We always share feedback internally so that we can make improvements for the future. We really value guests who are candid with us. I'm so glad that you liked the location and that the cleanliness was great as well.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you return to New Orleans.

My best, Jennifer Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked 4 night at this downtown NOLA hotel and found it very disappointing. I have been to many Hilton hotels and this one did not meet the standards. Suite 404 was in need of disperate repairs and upgrades. The carpet was heavily soiled and sticky. The walls and floors were stained. The exhaust vent did not properly work causing excessive humidity to the whole suite. On our third day, we were told that we needed to move since our suite is scheduled to be renovated. We had to change our itinerary. We left and came back and the replacement room was not ready. We had to wait in the lobby for over an hour and could not even go back to suite 404 since the access cards had been cancelled. We thought we will be in a better suite since we were told they were moving us to an updated suite. Well, another fail. The so called updated renovated suite did not have much update except for the new carpet, paint and appliances. One of the lights in the bathroom was out. The exhaust fan squeaked so loud and the commode made whistling noise after each flush. The worst of it all-the whole living room including the convertible couch smelled like puke/feces! My 12 year old ended up sleeping on the floor! The breakfast area was okay. On one ocassion they were out of utensils and the server got offended when I brought it to her attention. The trash area in the dining room were overflowing all the time we were there. This hotel did not meet the Hilton standards. Check the room before checking in! I am also writing to Hilton management since this affects their brand.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room before checking in.
1  Thank Rio O
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Texan121212,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel. I'm sorry that your experience was so difficult. It was not what we wanted for you and your family. I have shared your review with our team and we are making sure that the newly renovated rooms are completely correct before guests are checked into them. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us some time to correct these issues and return in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stay somewhere else. The service at this hotel is among the worst I've encountered in North America. The staff simply could care less whether a guest's needs are being met, and they make that attitude abundantly clear if you have the temerity to interrupt their gossiping with some obviously unimportant (to them at least) request. But the service still isn't the worst thing about this hotel. We visited in August; August in New Orleans is really hot and humid. The AC in our suite would just not cool the room. Our complaints brought a visit from a disengaged maintenance guy, who looked around and pronounced his verdict that there was nothing he could do about it. He blamed the design of the HVAC system and the fact that the room had a balcony. So we turned the ceiling fans on high and tried our best to sleep. Which brings me to the noise. The room literally rattled at periodic intervals. The unconcerned person at the desk blamed trains. Needless to say, my family didn't get much sleep. Like I said: stay somewhere else.

Dear Jerry M,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my humble apology regarding the apathy your experienced from our staff relative to the issues you experienced in the hotel. I'm sorry that your stay wasn't what we wanted for you while visiting New Orleans. Your comments have been shared so that we may address them with our entire hotel team. We want every guests' experience to be comfortable and leave them completely satisfied. We are working to improve this for the future and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

When I book at the Hilton I expect 4 star accommodations and a 4 star atmosphere. This hotel lacked in both. The hotel was noisy as could be. I called the front desk three times to report the noise and nothing was done. I understand that people arrive late, but this is the Hilton and no place for children to be screaming and yelling after 10pm in the hallways. When a guest calls to complain, I expect you to send someone up here asap to quiet the situation. I paid good money for a quiet atmosphere which is what anyone should be able to expect from a 4 star hotel not noise and uncooperative staff. I would not recommend this property to anyone. Go elsewhere. Granted the rooms are cheap here but there are much better alternatives. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear bikeboy17,

Thank you for choosing Hilton and the Homewood Suites. Please allow me to apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay and I apologize that you were not able to do so. We do have overnight security and our front desk is also staffed 24 hours daily. I have shared your review and they are reviewing their procedures to insure that we react promptly to noise complaints. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service you expect and deserve.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My mother and I came here to go to the preseason game for the New Orleans Saints. We had a room reserved, and got a deal. Not only did they not honor the deal, the lady at the front desk was extremely rude to us and laughed in our faces. I have never been treated so poorly. The rooms also smell strange and the air takes a LONG time to cool off anything. This trip would have been much better if we had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Leigh199,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that there was confusion regarding you reservation. Please contact me directly to discuss your reservation as any discounts that our hotel offers require simply identification for the program that it was booked under. ie. AAA, AARP, Government rates, etc.

Please accept my apology if we were rude to you, that is never our intent, we want everyone to enjoy their stay. I look forward to hearing from you soon - 504/581-5599.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones

Reviewed 15 August 2014

What an amazing hotel and staff. I stayed here in July and the rooms were run down. The hotel has gone under renovation and its amazing. What a difference new things will do. From the valet to the Front Desk upon arriving was amazing. I was treated like family. Upon entering our room, it was so clean and refresh. The breakfast staff and housekeeping was outstanding. It show's how a hotel should be run. I spoke to the GM Mrs. Raquel and informed her how her staff made my stay outstanding.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is amazing, has a lot of space for a family
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Mr. Kenneth M,

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience with our hotel. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to try us before and after. We are so proud of our renovations and that we are providing our guests with what they deserve. I will definitely share your review with our team so they can see their dedication is paying off. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very clean Hotel. The suite was just right for our girlfriends weekend get away. The staff was so helpful. The valet was easy and convenient. Overall the hotel was wonderful. Since we stayed the weekend of the Red Dress Run we saw so many red dresses and the Hotel was in a great location to access the French Quarter. The Hotel was under renovation during our stay but we did not notice at all. The pool access pad was not working but that didn't stop us from getting in with help from the front desk. Overall great experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Laura D,

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans. We are so delighted that you had a great time and enjoyed the hotel and the red dress run. It is a great charity event that is lots of fun. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return in the future.