“Always great !!!”
Review of Queen Anne Hotel

Queen Anne Hotel
Ranked #60 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed again at the Queen Anne, part of the Pyrtania hotel group in New Orleans. These group of three near hotels are incredibly unique and offer a great experience at a reasonable price. Management is very personable and responsive and take great pride to making sure their guests are treated as such. Convenient to downtown and one block from the St Charles Trolley, come experience these great hotels!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank battleship60
There are newer reviews for Queen Anne Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter was getting married this weekend and we booked quite a few rooms at the Queen Anne, Prytania Oaks, and Prytania Park hotel. Customer service was awesome! They have a continental breakfast. There are nice courtyards to visit with others. So peaceful. Close to St Charles and the trolley and also many restaurants. It was wonderful for my family to be able to interact with each other in a non hotel setting. Check in is at the Prytania Park hotel, the Prytania Oaks is across the street less than a block away, then the Queen Anne is across from the Oaks. Just a great beautiful setting! My family and I felt so comfortable and at home. Would definitely recommend these hotels!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BRBIM
Hotels3, General Manager at Queen Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest, Well, after alsmost a year in the planning, what can I say but THANK YOU. I know that you know what I am referring to, but just incase you don't, I am referring to EVERYTHING ! Your entire family were absolutely charming and a pleasure to meet. I heard the bride was stunning and everyone had a fabulous time dancing the evening away. I feel so special that we were a small part of your incredible weekend, and that wonderful memories of her wedding will be forever in all of our hearts. Keep in touch, and you too hubby! Hey, THANKS for your review as well. Much love to all,
Dori H Schulman

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights on an anniversary trip and loved it. It was surprisingly quiet in the house & the room was comfy. A key is required to get in thru the front gate, thru the front door & of course, into your room, so it is quite safe. Breakfast is just across the street in the courtyard. It was cereal, bagels, danishes, waffles and yogurt. Pretty simple but included with your stay.

The street car is just one block away- $3 for an all day pass & will take you all the way to Canal St (which is where Bourbon St is). It runs 24 hrs.

We recommend buying tickets for the city sight seeing double decker bus if you want to see all the sights. You can hop off & on at any of their stops & explore on your own or take some of their walking tours. We took the electric car further uptown to the Fresh Market at St Charles & Louisiana St - the bus picked is up there & sold us our tickets along the route.

If you stay at the Queen Anne- check out The Blind Pelican. It's literally right behind the hotel & is a relaxing place to sit out on the deck & have a drink.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Everything about the Queen Anne suited us perfectly. The house is amazing and our room was beautiful. Lovely features throughout the house and so quiet. We were on the 2nd floor at the front and although you can hear the road a little it did not bother us. The neighbourhood is lovely and we felt really safe walking around even after dark. There are loads of lovely bars and places to eat if you don't feel like venturing into town. THe trolley is so easy to get into town and explore and is cheap! Breakfast at the hotel was best if you get lucky enough to have it in the oaks opposite the queen. The breakfast lady there was amazing. Breakfast over in the main hotel was perfectly suffice though. Our first time to NOLA would not have been the same if we had not stayed at the queen. Great job.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sammie18
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here last year during the essence festival weekend and I loved the location and the privacy. Loved sitting on the front porch in the mornings and late afternoon. It was close to the streetcar line and tons of restaurants, bars, and just places to shop. I will be returning this year for the essence festival again and yes I have already booked to stay at the queen anne again. We have decided this is our hotel that we will stay each time we visit new Orleans. We also got to meet another couple that was staying at the same hotel that we are now friends with and they will also be joining us at the queen anne again this year. They changed there original hotel to come stay at the queen anne to hang out with my husband and I. We checked out at our original time 11am but our train wasn't leaving until 2:30pm so the desk kept our luggage while we got in some more site seeing before time to go. So thanks Queen Anne for all your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mookie806
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights for our anniversery. We arrived early and they checked us in , no questions asked or charge. The staff was very helpful, providing maps of the area. The Queen sits around the corner from the main hotel where the check in was. This did seem weard, but it was like a friend giving you the key to their home when they are away. We came and went without ever seeing anyone else at the Queen Ann. They have a lovely porch and tables in a garden area to sit outside. We bought Jazzypasses at Walmart, three blocks away on St Charles St. Then we used the trolly as much as we wanted for two days. The pass was for three days, but still a good deal for as much as we used it. Parking is free, and there are two spaces at the Queen, some more saved spaces on the street in front. Also more parking at the hotel itself if needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RaeleneUsa
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My 10 year old daughter and i stayed for 2 nights before going on a cruise. We were on the bottom floor with a great view of the porch and street. the place was clean, quite, and comforting. My daughter loved the antique bed that had the wooden step stool to climb into bed on. I myself loved the fireplace and the whole feeling of the place. We were there the first weeknd of Jazzfest. We both enjoyed the trollet rides to the french quarter and being able to walk everywhere else. the location was great for us.

Room Tip: I loved our room despite seeing other people complain on here about being clse to front door and lig...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula T
Hotels3, General Manager at Queen Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest and Future Guests,

Thank you so much for your review!! We love that you and your daughter loved our property so much as we strive to make each guests experience a good one.

However, due to recent events, I would like to clarify one point. The Queen Anne is an adults 25 and older property. Although we love children here, we also love to give our guests a quiet and relaxing visit.

Next time you visit New Orleans, please be sure to check out our sister property The Prytania Park Hotel. That property offers rooms with more than 2 beds in a unique loft style which gives kids the experience of having a "room of their own" and makes the experience that much more unique.

Thanks,