“Great location. Would stay again”

Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Great location. Would stay again”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Our first trip to New Orleans. Stayed here over the Memorial Day holiday. Hotel was in a great location. Walked everywhere, Harrahs, French Qtr, etc. Hotel was very clean and a welcome site after spending the entire day exploring the city. Our room was spacious and I would definately stay here again. We stumbled back to the hotel at 3AM and felt just as safe as 3 in the afternoon. We did not explore the pool area or use valet service but service was very friendly at front desk. Always greeted as we arrived. Clean, quite, convienent location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nine0Nine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My family of 4 visited New Orleans for a wedding and I didn't want to stay in a high rise hotel or any where near Royal or Bourbon Streets with 2 young children. I found this hotel to be charming and in a great area. It was very quiet and still walking distance to everything you would want to see in the city!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I am amazed at the negative reviews below! My experience is, almost without exception, a good one. Simple, but important, first impressions.....like the fresh smell, calming music and art installations..... give the idea that this is an oasis from the hottest, muggiest of days. My room is comfortable and quiet (although I am glad I am in an interior room and not on the street) and perfectly serviced by the cleaning team. The WIFI is fast, reliable and included in the room rate, the business centre means you can print essential documents and the reception personnel are very helpful. My only gripe, if I had to find one, is the shower - it is either hot or cold and no amount of fine tuning gets it right! However, I didn't bother to report it so I can't blame the hotel. I plan to come back to N.O. on vacation and would definitely stay here if the price is right.

Room Tip: Inside room with no adjoining door.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank islandgirlcityboy
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I absolutely loved my stay at the Renaissance. I stayed there during the French Quarter Fest so I had to pay a pretty big rate but I was more than happy when I got there. The room was HUGE. One of the biggest I've stayed in, felt a bit of a waste being there all by myself ha.
Everything in the hotel looks great, it was always spotlessly clean and all the decor was very nice.
I thought it was in THE perfect location to explore New Orleans. It's in a quite part of town, about a 15 minute walk from the French Quarter, but it's a really nice walk and one that I really enjoyed every day. There's a great bar/restaurant across the road from the hotel that really gets buzzing most nights! There are also some great local restaurants near the hotel, which are a lot cheaper AND better than most around the French Quarter area.
I was in New Orleans during the French Quarter Fest and it was amazing! The weather was incredible too with most days hovering around 30 degrees! :D So each day I would go out and check the festival for a few hours, then return to the hotel for a swim in the rooftop poo, which is beautiful! The pool is great and the whole area is very relaxing and nice.
The gym is also fantastic! and even provides a fruit bowl, which I loved. I can't think of staying anywhere better in New Orleans. It's a very nice hotel in a really relaxing spot. It was great to be able to come home and totally unwind before heading back into the buzz of the French Quarter. I had a fantastic time! :D

Room Tip: Try get a room with a view to the street.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Efficient86
New York
Reviewed 22 May 2011

After booking through Travelocity, separately had to call the hotel directly to specify our preference for a king bed in a quiet part of the hotel (which would be the higher floors not on Tchoupitoulas Street in a room which does not have an adjoining door).

Hotel was great in many respects. We only have minor gripes which are:
(1) only able to book a "king or double" and while I was able to specify our preference for a king, we 'rolled the dice' in whether or not we would actually get a king. We did get a king upon arrival so all was fine.
(2) Housekeeping was a little slow to restock soap / tissues. Front desk was super quick in getting us soap / tissues when we requested.
(3) Bathroom standing area is a bit small
(4) Rooftop pool area could use a little more decor
(5) Concierge had recommended a nearby club for live cajun music and dancing on the corner of Julia and Convention Center Blvd. She didn't mention how early they might close on a Friday night (11am)
(6) We could hear the adjacent room's door slamming shut on occasion.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The room size was fine - mine looked out onto the quirky sculpture garden, which was a plus. Bed was great, service was friendly. Bathroom was ok, and I didn't experience the water temperature or pressure problems described by other travelers. However, a magnifying mirror would have been welcome.
On the minus side, at the price they're charging, general upgrading is needed. There's no wireless internet, and the ethernet cable is short, so you can't use your computer while sitting on the bed. For this privilege, you pay $12.95 a night. Analog TV. A/C in the lobby and restaurant was turned up so high (and it was not hot outside) that it was uncomfortable to sit in the restaurant. Service there was friendly but extremely slow. At breakfast, there were at most three tables occupied, and it took several inquiries before a hostess appeared. No seating area in the lobby. Printer in the business center didn't work. The desk clerk offered to print my boarding pass, but this took about 10 minutes and involved his going back and forth from the desk to another room and apparently several printers. Not efficient.
The hotel is ok, but not at the prices they're charging.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank hester52
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I first stayed here just after it opened and it was lovely. Now however the rooms are OK - standard fare, the wireless internet does not work so you have to use wired (however youc an connect fro a charge to the Embassy Suites wireless for a fee which works greeat!) The standard of food is poor - I had room service on 2 occasions - the first time the shrimp were not properly cleaned and still had the black lines down the back, the second time the cheese plate came up without any of the extras specified on the menu - it was not eve worthy of a wallmart cheeseplate. The food in the concierge lounge is no better. You can hear everything going on in the rooms next door.I have stayed in other hotels in NO before and would not stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels nearby to choose from.

Room Tip: None - even for Platinum members
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business