“Disappointing - This Hotel Has Gone Downhill”

Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Disappointing - This Hotel Has Gone Downhill”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Several years ago, I stayed at the Renaissance Arts and found it to be one of the best hotels in New Orleans. So I was anxious to stay there again when I went to New Orleans a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately it was not at all what I remembered.

I requested a platinum upgrade on check-in but was told no suites were available, only an executive king. I was told the executive king rooms had their own individual internet connections. When I got to my room, the internet service was not working. I contacted the number provided for support, and after sitting on hold for 20 minutes or so, was told they could not help me and to call the front desk. The front desk knew nothing and did not offer any real solution. I asked, then, to change rooms. It was funny to me that the agent didn't offer to send the bellman up with the keys - instead she told me to come downstairs.

In my new room, the toilet immediately stopped up and ran all night. This room also lacked an in-room safe, something I always utilize and something I never find absent from a hotel room. The room had so much empty space as well - it was as if it needed additional furniture or something.

I ordered dinner with room service - the NY Strip Steak. I ordered it rare; the steak arrived Medium to Medium-Well, and the potatoes were cold. Not good for a $50 meal.

Overall, this hotel was quite disappointing. At best, its a three-star.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Alexjrosen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Great value at $97. Well appointed, spacious, and in a great location. Walking distance to the French Quarter but away from the noise and traffic. Expect to pay at least $28 to park overnight.

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great location! As soon as you walk in its just beautiful. We had access to the VIP room which served great food. There is a pool, hot tub, and gym. Next time I will pack my bathing suit. It was December and a bit too cold to swim. The room was a nice size, very clean, and nicely decorated. Walking distance to great restaurants including Emeril's. We will be staying here again when visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank momocakes83
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel proved a bit less expensive than comparable 4 stars. It is a nice size, in the warehouse district, but only 4 blocks from canal street. (On the same street as restaurant August!). I would stay here again. The rooms have refrigerators--some face out, some face the courtyard.

Room Tip: rooms vary in size--fourth floor rooms are on the club level
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank abcpoet
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Renaissance Arts Hotel. The room was modern, clean, and spacious. The hotel was within walking distance to the French Quater but far enough away to not be in all the craziness. I only had one issue with the toilet not working in my room when I first arrived at my room but the front desk quickly sent up a maintenance man to repair it within 20 mins of me calling. Overall a great stay and I will be back again.

• Stayed February 2012
Louisiana
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Rennaissance Arts Hotel. Upon check-in they told us we were upgraded from a regular room to a wonderful suite. The staff was superb, Corey the bellman brought us to our room and welcome us to his house & told us if we needed anything to call him. . Everything was immaculate. We asked for an extra blanket and it was there in no time with a smile. All of this was done with a hotel that was at capacity. We were there for Mardi Gras and to our surprise most of the parades were routed unexpectedly in front of the hotel. After the parades the staff was sweeping the sidewalks immediately. This hotel is in the Warehouse District with many wonderful restaurants, art galleries, museums within walking distance. We had a pleasant walk to the parades on St. Charles Ave and loved hollering "Throw me something Mister". The neighborhood and location is very safe and we felt very comfortable walking everywhere. Wish we could have stayed longer, but we were headed to "Oak Alley Plantation" in Vacherie, LA. What a breathtaking view and beautiful property. We look forward to our return to the Renaissance Arts Hotel in the future. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good location. Walking distance to convention center. Its a long walk to bourbon 10plus blocks. Newer hotel with a little flair for the arts. Bar area is trendy and has a lounge feel. Rooms we're spacious. Staff was very freindly and helpfull. Fitness room had good equip. Pool and hot tub. The hotel had it all wasn't lacking in any area.

• Stayed February 2012