Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$298
US$267
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$185
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$217
HolidayInn.com
US$237
US$227
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$196
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
US$268
US$251
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$237
US$228
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$140
DruryHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,195 results
All reviewswarehouse districtrooftop poolconvention centersurfer barlegacy kitchentchoupitoulas streetfrench quartercochonsculpture gardenaveda productsminute walknice hotelwwii museumwalking distancemarriott propertybeignetsfew blocks
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel is really just nothing special. Off the beaten path, the rooms are dull and the customer service is just enough to not be bad. For the location, they should have put some money into making it really nice. And they still charge for internet. Really? It's 2013...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank travellowe
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding in New Orleans on the wknd of August 2nd. It is a nice hotel with many amenities (work out room, roof-top swimming pool, restaurants, sundrie shop). We arrived for check-in at 3pm, but our room wasn't ready. The hotel "navigator" told us the rooms were clean but needed to be "certified" and as a concession, gave us a nice $100 to spend in the restaraunt. We waited two hours and I was already starting the "unacceptable" rating in my head when I went over to the front desk and asked about the room. They bumped our standard reservation to an executive level room. The valet parking service for our car was EXCELLENT and I'd like to commend Kentrell and the rest of the valet staff for their superb service. The front desk was very warm and personable and the navigator service was friendly and accomodating. Ella and Rhonda in the Le Bistro restaurant gave us friendly, fantastic service during our multi-family breakfasts. Ella didn't hesitate to accomodate us as one of our group sent back his fried eggs twice (he was having yolk issues). Jose was a life saver when he brought me a box fan. My roommate said it was cold enough in the room, but he brought it anyways to accomodate me and my "personal summers".

Room Tip: We stayed in Executive King Room, 211, which overlooks the front of the hotel and the party-goers at Lucy's accross the street. You can't hear them (thick walls, thick glass). Room 411 is the same kind of room on the 4th floor. Room 404 is a very large room with two queens.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rritchie98
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel was great. The staff was nice even though it was a very busy weekend (Essence Festival). If you're going to the Convention Center this is a very convenient location. The walk to the French Quarter is about one mile. I didn't like the walk, but I did appreciate the silence at night. I was able to sleep without hearing the police sirens from Canal Street. My only complaint would be having to pay for internet access in my room. Also, my phone did not get great reception in the room. The valet was expensive so it would be great if you can find cheaper parking.

Room Tip: Book through the Marriott site. I didn't know that they will bump your room request if you used a third party site. We ended up with a king bed instead of the two we requested.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BossLady305
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is in the "arts district" -- an upscale warehouse district
which is a few blocks west of the French quarter. This means it's a lot quieter than the center of the tourist districts, and I imagine it's a better
value than a hotel or inn there. There was no problem walking to the quarter at any
hour, and the hotel is also convenient to the St. Charles street car that takes you to the Garden district. I guess there are also some drawbacks to the location:
the neighborhood seemed to me (not a N.O expert) more generic
and less new-orleans-y, and it is not convenient for getting to areas on the opposite side of the quarter (frenchmen's street, etc.) -- but of course, you can't have it all.

Inside the hotel is arty -- with colorful murals, lots of funky furniture, and it's own art gallery.
The rooms were big and bright as well, and very comfortable -- the bed in particular was wonderful. There is a
fitness center upstairs and also a rooftop pool and jacuzzi.
The pool is small for a hotel this size -- it fits about one family, but the fitness center
is about right.

There is a restaurant downstairs that I did not try -- it looked quite fancy, and there was nothing
more down-market as an alternative. There were a lot of standard hotel conveniences, including a kiosk for internet use/boarding pass print out, which I appreciate a lot.

Service at the desk was extremely helpful, particularly with respect to tourist/travel advice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mondrian
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel was great. We really enjoyed the VERY helpful and friendly staff. The location was great. In fact, the location was amazing. Everyone hears about bourbon street but the warehouse and garden districts, in my opinion, give you a much greater sense of the personality and vibe of the New Orleans. This hotel was walking distance from a number of galleries and off-the-beaten-path spots that show off NOLA's heart and soul.

My wife and I were impressed with the room. The pool was small but it cut the heat wonderfully.

You're walking distance from a number of good eat spots and galleries and the street car will take you to a number of great spots not in the French Quarter.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple