“Close enough to the French Quarter but far enough away to get some sleep.”

Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #52 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Orlando, Florida
“Close enough to the French Quarter but far enough away to get some sleep.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I think everybody thinks of New Orleans and all night partying. When I come here, it is to work. I need some place close enough to the French Quarter for dinners, but quiet enough to get sleep at night. This hotel gives me all of that. The hotel is immaculate and beautiful. I have stayed here 2 times. The management does everything they can to keep it modern, clean, and refreshing. The 1st time I was here I had a few issues, and I called the GM when I got home and he was apologetic and gave me some options. When I came back the second time, I was welcomed back and made to feel at home. If you travel as much as I do, you will always have issues, but its how they are taken care of that sticks out at me. The staff here go out of there way to make this an amazing place to stay. On top of all that, the Jacuzzi, pool, and gym are top of the line. They are all on the top floor of the hotel so you can see the city skyline while you workout, swim, and relax. The restaurants are great as well, and because I am a platinum with Marriott I got free breakfast and snacks in the evening because there is no concierge lounge. I give this hotel the highest recommendation. Also, if your going to a convention, its 2 blocks from the convention center and Harrah's casino.

Room Tip: Book a Suite for some real luxury!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Allen, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

For our very first trip to New Orleans, my wife and I found we had to split up where we were staying during our term, because we attended 2 different conferences. Our first leg bought us to this very nice and quiet hotel. It's very comfortable, clean, and perfectly appointed for pleasure or business! Very nice work-out equipment on site with an rooftop outdoor pool and hot tub rounded out my experience with this better than expected experience! I would come back and regret we didn't have the foresight to book our entire stay here!

• Stayed September 2013
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was my first time visiting New Orleans. Staying in this hotel was a pleasant experience. The staff was nice and accommodating. It was about 15 minutes away from the French Quarter by walking. It was close enough when we wanted to go out and party, but far enough that there was no rowdy people walking around at night. I really enjoyed the rooftop pool and hot tub. It's such a great way to relax after a day of exploring the city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed here multiple times-most recently in May with loads of family for a graduation. The hotel was so accommodating. The location is perfect-off the beaten path of the French Quarter in the Warehouse district so close enough to walk to the Quarter but not close to the noise and chaos. Valet service was always quickly responsive and front desk was extremely accommodating! Having lived in New Orleans for 3 years and now coming as a visitor-I highly recommend this hotel and location!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikki N
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Really enjoyed staying at this high end hotel in the heart of New Orleans. We especially enjoyed the rooftop swimming pool on hot, humid evenings. The staff was kind and professional and made everyone feel very welcome even the teenagers in our group.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Housed in a former warehouse, the Renaissance Arts Hotel retains the former charm of the original building while offering all the modern amenities I expect in a hotel. I have to give a huge shout out to the staff at the front desk who went beyond their duties to give me directions to a local attraction I wanted to visit. Not only did they Mapquest the directions and print them for me, they called and confirmed them to make sure they were correct.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on a higher floor to avoid some noise from the street. My only problem was internet cos...
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
NY
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Last minute trip! The location was perfect - hotel was super comfortable and clean - people was super nice!! Walking distance to all the places you want to visit! Two relaxing days!!! Thank you New Orleans!!!! Perfect!

• Stayed August 2013