“Anniversary Weekend”

Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans
“Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Lovely hotel, room was very clean and close to many restaurants and attractions. I would stay here again. Breakfast at restaurant was OK, but I believe there are better restaurants out there to eat and at a much more reasonable prices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel lovely and well-situated. We are sorry that the restaurant did not exceed your expectations and we are very much looking forward to launching our brand new menu in the near future. We hope we may have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My friend and I really liked this hotel, except for the scent issue (see below). Our first 4 days were great. The value as compared to other hotels was very good. The rooms are modern, clean, with a small, but well-appointed bathroom. Beds were comfortable. I liked the artwork around the hotel, which gave it a nice sense of individuality. Coffee-maker in the room. Hair dryer was really beat--sounded like a lawn mower, but I just lived with it. I'm sure they would have replaced it. I love the location, about a half mile to the French Quarter, but a safe and easy walk in a quiet location. Bar service was not good, as others have mentioned, but that was a minor inconvenience. What really threw us for a loop was returning one afternoon to an awful, sickly perfumed smell in the lobby. Like your grandmother's worse perfume. When we reached our room and laid down for a little siesta, we couldn't stand the cloying sent that had been sprayed on the pillows and bedding. It gave my friend a headache and irritated the migraine I already had. Housekeeping replaced the linens and bed pillows quickly and we were offered another room. We didn't want to switch because we thought we might get the same problem in another room. Housekeeping said this was a "service to guests". I think the hotel needs to realize that many people are irritated by strong scents and reconsider this automatic "service to guests". If you can live with the smells, by all means stay here or request they skip the service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Eube,

Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you really liked our hotel. It's great to know that you found the property very clean throughout the hotel, that you enjoyed our curated art, and that you were a fan of our convenient downtown location. Our deepest apologies about the scent; as a Renaissance property, we have a signature scent to immerse our guests into the experience, and it sounds like we were a bit too enthusiastic in your case. We will certainly try to improve this in order to provide the best possible experience to our future guests. Thank you again for your feedback and it would be our pleasure to host you on your next stay in New Orleans.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Our 4th floor room was clean, spacious and quiet. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooftop heated pool was great, we had it to ourselves for both nights. I would agree with other reviews about slow service in the hotel bar. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance Arts Hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Warrants_a_Review,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We're so happy to hear that you experienced our friendly and helpful staff, as well as enjoyed our heated rooftop pool. We are so sorry to hear that you experienced slow service in the bar and we will be sure to address that with the correct department. Thank you again and we hope to host you again on your next trip to New orleans.
Hobart, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The best part of the stay was the friendliness of the bellhop and the gentlemen working in valet parking. They were so nice and personable. They knew who we were and were always nice and respectful. We truly felt that if we didn't return from Bourbon Street, they would notice and send out a search party. We have bragged about them to all of our friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Dori,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to share your recent stay with us. It's wonderful to hear that the highlight of your stay was the friendly, personable service you received from our bellmen and valet. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you on your next stay in New Orleans.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Great:
+ Comfortable rooms
+ Comfortable beds
+ VERY CLEAN
+ Friendly and great service from front desk and cleaning staff
+ Located on a quiet street (away from Bourbon Street but close enough to the French Quarter that you can walk to it)
+ Walking distance to convention center
+ Elegant interiors
+ Restaurant in the hotel (Rene Bistrot)

The only complaint:
- Rene Bistrot service was soooo slow. I saw people from two tables leave because it took a long time for a waiter to take their order. The bar tender needs to be a bit more friendly. I approached him so I could get a table (there was no host to greet people as they enter the restaurant) and he immediately asked, "Bar or table?" No good evening, ma'am. No smile. Rene Bistrot had only 3 occupied tables (1 table with 3 people, 1 table with 1 diner, and me) but my food took a long time to arrive. Waiter was very nice/friendly. The food was "ok".

Advice:
- Come for the hotel/comfort, proximity to convention center, quiet place to stay away from Bourbon Street but close enough to walk to the French Quarter
- Avoid the restaurant. There are a lot of restaurants close to the hotel. Just get out the door, turn left on Tchoupitoulas Street. I saw about 5 restaurants just walking down the street. Emeril's restaurant is about 3 blocks down Tchoupitoulas Street.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel restaurant (Rene Bistrot): very slow service and food was ok.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear LikesThingsVeryClean,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our comfortable, very clean, spacious rooms as well as the friendly service and convenient location. We apologize that your experience in Rene Bistrot did not exceed your expectations and we would like the opportunity to make that up to you on your next visit to New Orleans. We will certainly share this review with the relevant department. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Overall, I thought the hotel was great. Really nice, fresh, modern, cool, friendly and close to all the amenities we needed.

We stayed the week after Mardi gras with two small children and had a room with two double beds which while on the snug side in terms of size, was actually more than adequate. it was an internal facing room which kept things quiet which was great for us and the kids, very clean and up to date.

There is a rooftop pool and jacuzzi but it was a little too cold for us to use but looked nice...

While New Orleans isn't really a great place to take kids, this was both excellent for children as it had a couple of indoor 'parks' but was also very close to the children's museum which was just fantastic, my kids had a blast.

As for grown-ups... obviously it's walking distance to the French quarter and some nice bars (I liked Barcadia for it's retro arcade games) and the museums - WW2/civil, both recommended.

I didn't eat or drink here so can't comment, but everything I saw in passing looked well organized.

So why not give it top marks? I was a little upset there was no free wifi, every hotel I go to - especially in a nice city - gets marked down for no wifi... especially for the price! I know why it's charged, but I'll never agree. And finally the parking was quite expensive, I know parking is at a premium but $40 a day is a little on the upper side, I know it's peace of mind but as the title says, I'm nit-picking.

Would I stay there again / recommend to my friends? absolutely, in a beat.

Room Tip: This is based on 305 (if memory serves me)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WolfyManUK
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear WolfManUK,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and that you found the hotel modern, fresh and clean. Our rooms are quite spacious for this area and we are pleased that your family fit comfortably. We're also happy that your family had a blast at the nearby Louisiana Children's Museum and that you had the chance to discover Barcadia and other nearby museums. We hope you tried Barcadia's fried peanut butter sandwiches- they are delicious.

However, we are sorry to hear that our hotel did not exceed your expectations due to the cost of wifi for guest rooms and the valet parking rate. We provide complimentary wifi in the lobby and restaurant area for our guests who would like to use the wifi but find the in-room wifi cost prohibitive. We frequently evaluate our pricing comparison with similar hotels in the area, and in order to maintain in line with those competitor hotels, we are currently required to have an in-room wifi rate. As you mentioned, the valet price is due to the high demand in the neighborhood and we are priced in line with our neighboring hotels. There are self-park options close by and we apologize if those were not provided to you, as we do not want our guests to feel limited in their parking options.

We do hope that in the future we may be able to provide complimentary wifi throughout the entire hotel. We're very happy though that you found the hotel experience overall to be superb. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and it would be our pleasure to host you again on your future visits to New Orleans.
Chicago
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, it could have been better, but I did enjoy the stay. The staff was super friendly. They provided a nice upgrade for me during my stay. The room was large and very comfortable. The gym was adequate. For gym lovers, the gym might not be adequate for a long stay. My problem with the hotel was the internet. It was HORRIBLE!!! I had to go to a coffee house to get my work done as the internet at this hotel was just the worst ever! I would stay at this hotel again if I did not have to rely on the hotel internet connection.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear avillebud,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. We are delighted that you received an upgrade and had a great experience with our staff. We are also pleased that you found our rooms spacious. We are so sorry that the Internet connection was inadequate during your stay and we will notify the relevant department about your comment immediately. We hope that we may have the opportunity to make up for the difficulties you experienced. It would be our pleasure to host you again.