Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #52 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
n tonawanda
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend. About a 5 min walk from the French quarter. Great location in the art district close to just about everything. Room was spacious. Bathroom was just the right size. All in all a good hotel to stay at and the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iecNTonawanda
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are so thrilled to hear about your great experience at the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our prime location in the Art District and your expansive and comfortable room accommodations. Hopefully you were able to stop by and explore the acclaimed Ogden Museum of Southern Art during your time in New Orleans! Thank you for providing us with your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Front Royal
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Not even close to four stars!!! We were attracted by the quieter location of this hotel, but it turned out there was a festival taking place in that neighborhood on the night we arrived and the streets were crazy with partiers. (I don't blame the hotel for that). I had requested a room on a higher floor, when I made my reservation and was assigned one closest to the lobby. The desk clerk refused to reassign me. He told me 2 or 3 times that "this" commotion would clear away soon. It was 9:00pm and the partiers were roaring strong, so I finally asked why he thought it would clear out soon. Then he admitted, "well, I don't know when it will clear out, but we are booked full." I would have understood if he had just said in the first place that they were overbooked, but it was kind of silly to try to sugarcoat it.
I couldn't ever open the curtains because the window looked onto a public courtyard with guests walking by constantly right outside my window. My pillow felt like a bag of golf balls and we discovered soap from previous guests in the shower. Once the festival was cleared, the neighborhood was attractive and quiet and a nice walk to the french quarter and other attractions. Luckily, my husband was not along -- the walk was a little too much for his bad knees, but I enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but some basics need to be improved before this hotel deserves four stars.

Room Tip: Higher floor with a street view might allow you to open the curtain. Many rooms look into an interio...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tcmtcm
Henley on Thames Oxfordshire
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is out of the main noise of Bourbon street but only 10 minutes or so from all the action. It has some great art work in the foyer and the staff were very helpful. We walked everywhere and they recommended some great places to eat and where key things were. New Orleans is a great place enjoy!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Julia,

Thank you for your feedback! It's fantastic to hear that you received such great recommendations from our navigators to help you explore New Orleans. We're glad that your family had a wonderful New Orleans experience and that you found our hotel conveniently located to all the action. It would be our pleasure to host you again on your next trips to New Orleans.
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The moment we walked in we were greeted with cheerfulness. Actually two staff members greeted us. Even though we booked through a 3rd party that didn't seem to matter and we were treated with respect. Not always the case at some hotels. Our room was clean and comfortable. The pics on the Internet are an actual representation- not just pics of the best rooms. Upon our return the staff had placed a wonderful surprise in our room since it was our anniversary. This is my 4 or 5th nice hotel to stay at in NOLA and this one wins, hands down.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear SouthernTravelin00,

Thank you for your kind words. We're delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful anniversary experience at our hotel and it was our pleasure to surprise you. Our navigators are exceptional and we're so happy you had a chance to experience their service, as well as our immaculate property. We hope to see you again in the near future!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is by far the most stunning hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are bright and spotless, the dining area was clean and very spacious. The gym was amazing, fresh towels and chilled flannels available when you enter. The rooftop pool and hot tub was immaculate, I enjoyed the fact that they had music playing. Very relaxing! The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from Bourbon Street and the shops. It's close enough but far enough away from the nightlife to get a decent sleep! For the 4 nights we stayed here it cost us $400 with breakfast. I couldn't believe how cheap this hotel was considering some dumps I have stayed in and paid more! The staff are so considerate and friendly. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Clurrina,

We're overjoyed to hear how much you loved your stay at the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel. From the rooftop pool experience to the amazing gym to the immaculate rooms, it sounds like you had an amazing time. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you'll stay with us again on your future visits to New Orleans.
New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the moment I stepped into this hotel, I fell in love. It was beautiful, smelled beautiful. The front desk was beyond helpful and those lovely N'Orleans accents didn't hurt either! :) The rooms were spacious, the beds soo comfortable. I just loved my whole experience there. I would definitely go back. As a matter of fact, this experience made me seek to experience as many hotels in this chain as possible. I can't wait!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Redwillow82,

Thanks for your kind words about the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel! It's wonderful that our beautiful property was your first Renaissance experience and that it inspired you to look to stay with this brand when you travel. We especially enjoyed hearing about the friendly Southern hospitality that you received during your stay and we eagerly await your return.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband is from New Orleans and we visit quite frequently. The Renaissance Arts is always my first choice of places to stay. The hotel is lovely and modern. The rooms are nice and larger than the other Renaissance in New Orleans. The location is another plus for me. I love the WHD because it's close enough to walk to everything (FQ, CBD, etc) but far enough away from the chaos of canal and the FQ.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nikki H
Dear Nikki,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're honored to be your first choice hotel in New Orleans and we couldn't agree with you more about the Warehouse District- it's the perfect neighborhood to enjoy the best New Orleans dining while closely located to the famous French Quarter tourist destinations and CBD. We can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit.