“Loved the Renaissance Arts”

Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #48 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 December 2008

This hotel was suggested to me by a fellow travel agent who had posted a review on t.a. I followed up with her as I was concerned about the location not in walking distance to the quarter. The hotel is in walking distance about 10-12min and no concerns about safety even in the evening. Close enough and far enough away from the late night going on and street noise. I called the hotel the day before and asked for a large room and was given a wonderful corner room(must have been 475sqft or more) facing Lucy's retired surfers bar. The only night that there was noise ( at Lucy's ) was on arrival which was Halloween and people were out on the streets everywhere, we were staying up late as well. If you enjoy Halloween this is a great destination! Marriott brand bedding is terrific as well as nice bath products by Lather. Room was very up to date, no signs of wear and tear. Had fridge delivered to room - no charge. Kept water and wine cold. The rooftop pool-jacuzzi is an oasis. Great couches and lounging area like someone's home. Only one time did we see other people there, beautiful view of river and city as well. Getting a cab was easy and quick, doormen right there to assist with always a friendly hello or goodbye.

All employee's we encountered were helpful and friendly. Management has it right at this hotel.
The hotel is just beautiful overall and short walk to Magazine street shopping too.
Stay here - you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank flydive56
Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 17 November 2008

I don't know why this hotel is so far down in the ranking .We're trying to stay at all the high ranked hotels in New Orleans and I can tell you this one belongs up at the top.This is one of the cleanest hotels we ever stayed.Great service,clean and modern rooms.,and a hot tub and pool on the roof.Also a workout room..The location is good ,very quiet area ,not too far from the action.I would highly recommend this hotel....

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2008

This was my seventh visit to New Orleans, and my second stay at the Renaissance Arts Hotel on Tchoupitoulas Street. What a GREAT place to stay - clean, luxurious, and with excellent staff/service. The rooms are great size (even the standard ones). The lobby boasts ever-changing artwork and access to the Albert Ross art gallery next door.

It's super-convenient to the convention center, but no-one going to conventions there seems to know about it! All the better - it truly is an oasis. It's about a 5 minute walk to the French Quarter, so you can party on Bourbon Street without having your hotel in the middle of the partying!

Great roof-top pool and excellent fitness facility too.

I have no complaints!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank voorheesians
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We came to New Orleans for the 2008 Voodoo Festival and then stayed into the following week. We had requested an upper floor with a King bed but at check in they only had double beds available. We were advised to try the front desk the following day as people would be checking out, perhaps we could get a king bed. We ended up on the 4th floor on the Club or Concierge side. We didn't even think about trying to get in until the next morning and low and behold we had access, very pleasant surprise. This saved us buying breakfast every morning as well as providing pop and snacks in the evening. The room was an inside room as well which was very pleasant and ultimately we decided not to try and move. The housekeeping was top notch, very clean and efficient. The room itself was a good size, well decorated and clean. The only downside to our stay was the Starbucks convention that was in town. Our hotel had a large number of attendees staying and they were loud. The location was great, good restaurants in the area and quick easy walk to the quarter. I would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank calgaryjetgirl
Reviewed 25 October 2008

I travel to New Orleans a fair bit and for different reasons. When I know that having a very restful comfortable stay is important, I look forward to staying at the Renaissance Arts. It is a very clean, very modern, quiet and an incredibly relaxing hotel. I've stayed at many hotels in New Orleans 4 star upwards and this is the one hotel with the most consistent positive experience. It is walking distance to the convention center. If your goal is to party it up in the French Quarter, it might not be the place for you as its not walking distance. Otherwise, I see no downsides to staying here.

Great climate control, great bathroom and amenities, very very comfortable bed. In addition, very few hotels in new Orleans are as quiet as this one.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Almond66
Reviewed 5 October 2008

I read the reviews here prior to booking this hotel, so I had pretty high expectations. I must say that my expectations were not only met, but were exceeded. This is an excellent hotel in every way. I just can't say enough good things about it. Rather than repeat the factual descriptions contained in some of the other reviews, including vonschwind's, suffice it to say that these reviews are all true. My wife and I really enjoyed our 4-night stay here. I want to add that, in addition to professional, friendly and helpful service, this hotel is spotlessly clean, the amenities of a 5-star, but with much less expense involved. Great location in the arts district. Fine restaurants nearby. (Don't miss Bon Ton Cafe on Magazine Street a few blocks away for wonderful Cajun). Now that I found this hotel, I can't wait to come back here for another stay on my next trip to New Orleans. What a wonderful find.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank KerryWho?
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I stayed in the Renaissance Arts Hotel in New Orleans for 4 nights in September, 2008 while attending a conference. My stay was excellent, and the staff of this hotel were consistently helpful, friendly, and attentive.

I stayed in a room with two double beds, which I shared with a colleague. We found the space ample, the beds very comfortable, the TV selection good, all needed amenities. The mini-fridge in the room was locked, and when I called the front desk, they said that they had discontinued using the ones installed in the room, but immediately offered to bring up another for us. We loved the coffee and the bath products by Lather, which were completely restocked each day. Very comfortable, soft towels also. Climate control was excellent, very efficient A/C.

The location of the hotel was ideal, very close to the site of the conference I was attending (by the convention center), but significantly cheaper than the actual conference hotel (and closer to the nightlife). There is a rooftop patio and pool, where I sat to work one evening with my laptop and watched a gorgeous sunset. There are great restaurants on the same street or very close by, including Cochon (highly recommend), and also a wonderful self-serve wine bar called WINO (very highly recommend).

The staff at the hotel were amazing and saved my life, practically, on several occasions. At one point, I visited the Business Center on the ground floor to print a presentation text for the conference. The printer seemed to be having issues, so I stuck my head in the business office for assistance. A wonderfully sweet and helpful woman named Erica immediately interrupted her work and came to my rescue, and using my flash drive, she printed the presentation for me on the computer in her office, all in a matter of minutes. A true lifesaver! On the morning of my departure, the Airport Shuttle failed to arrive to pick me up, and the crew at the hotel’s front desk immediately took on the responsibility of calling the Shuttle office repeatedly until they got a response, demanding that the Shuttle come back and pick me up, all so that I wouldn’t have to pay extra for a taxi. They were fantastic and made a potentially stressful situation very easy. Also, Renee at the front desk, who checked me in, was very kind, greeting me by name with a smile every morning. It has been years since I stayed in a hotel with service of this exceptional quality.

I will definitely stay here when I return to New Orleans and recommend it to everyone I know. The service at the Renaissance Arts Hotel went well beyond the normal expectations of Southern hospitality—it was truly excellent.

Stayed: September 2008