“Comfortable and convenient base for seeing New Orleans”

Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and convenient base for seeing New Orleans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

This is a pretty good hotel. The interior design is a bit garish - it's not as sophisticated-looking as the name suggested - a bit late-80s I suppose and lots of bright colours. But the rooms are good and the location is good too. The first night we were badly disturbed by other guests partying in the middle of the night. Most of the rooms connect to a room next door and the people through our connecting door didn't want to sleep. But guests were also running up and down the corridors shouting and banging on doors. Maybe this is how it is in hotels in New Orleans on a Saturday night - it is a party town after all - but it's not what I needed after travelling for about 16 hours from the UK. We also had 'internal windows' in that our room looked out onto an atrium not the outside. Which was bit gloomy. Reception staff were very helpful though the next morning and moved us to a larger corner room on the floor above. This was great - spacious and full of light from the outside. And no more noise problems. So the rest of the stay was really good. Only other complaint would be the parking - pretty expensive although the valet staff are quick and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

NOT FREE: wifi, parking, breakfast

NO Laundry in building. Pathetic fitness room.

Some rooms lack a refrigerator. You have to walk three blocks to another Marriott if you want to do laundry. There is a small pool on the roof. The common areas are nice. There is a lounge upstairs if you can negotiate access to it as my company has. The same goes for the negotiating a free breakfast, but if you do negotiate breakfast you'll have to tell the staff when you are checking out--EVERY time you check out; they know the breakfast ins included in the bill but they will charge you for it if you don't tell them to cut it out. The staff are a nuisance, they tend to get underfoot to a certain extent. The location is good--the French Quarter is nearby. (I have stayed here several times for work.) I had to complain when there was a valet charge one day when I left my car out front for five minutes to drop off my briefcase after work.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank mars2025
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

We truely enjoyed our stay here! What a beautiful hotel

• Stayed July 2010
Topeka KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel is located in the trendy warehouse / arts district of New Orleans. It's nice to be away from the French Quarter, but I was surprised at how noisy this area can be. There's a bar directly opposite from the hotel that was mobbed on Friday night, with patrons spilling out onto the street. This, coupled with an event in the hotel's own bar/restaurant, created a chaotic and very LOUD atmosphere. And, unfortunately, my room was located directly above it all. I asked to change rooms, and to their credit, the staff accommodated my request graciously. In fact, the most impressive thing about this hotel was the staff -- they were warm, professional, and inviting from check-in to check-out.

The rooms are fine, though not spectacular. The art strewn all over the hotel is whimsical and... "interesting." The roof-top pool might have been nice (though fairly small), but it was so packed with twenty-somethings that I did no more than glance at it and move on.

The location is reasonably convenient, in that you're an easy walk from the World War II Museum, and only few blocks from the street car line or Canal Street. Emeril's restaurant a block away. The hotel's business center was a convenient and free way to check email or print a boarding pass, and I appreciated the "hold luggage" service on my checkout day.

Once I got my room moved to the back side, away from most of the noise, I had no complaints, and the room rate was a good value for New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Great hotel with an truly unique ambiance. The rooms are quite large. Given that the hotel's facade is a warehouse it is truly deceiving when you first arrive. Inside there are beautifully pieces of art adorning the lobby. The pool out doors on the roof top. While it is on the small side it was wonderful to relax upstairs and enjoy great views of the city.

With respect to the location of the hotel, it is about 6-8 blocks from Bourbon street. Therefore, while out of the way it is still close enough to get to the main street. The trolley is about 2 blocks away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

Room and facility are nice and the location is great. Close enough to the french qtr and Canal Street, but far enough away to leave it behind when you're done. The dissapointment was the pool. Our kids were looking forward to taking a swim, but never stepped foot in. It is tiny and looks more like a petri dish. Likewise, not a lot of effort has been made to make the roof area a place where you want to spend much time. Parking is a tad pricey at $28 per night.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

My wife and I decided to visit New Orleans for the first time for my birthday and in search for a hotel-we stumbled across this one on hotwire. At first I was somewhat pessimistic because of the price-but when I viewed the website I was impressed (so I booked it). On our travel, I was still "somewhat" about it-until we arrived to valet our car (nice service), check-in (professional host), and the room (looks like the demo). Everything was wonderful-quiet, a perfect location to all the spots we wanted to check out, and the artwork (kudos). We stayed for three nights and loved every moment of it. We will for sure stay here on our next visit!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple