“I fell in love with the Blue Dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodrigue Studio

Rodrigue Studio
Ranked #144 of 348 things to do in New Orleans
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“I fell in love with the Blue Dog!”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I fell in love with the Blue Dog and took some puppies home! At first I thougt the blue dog to be weird and then you look at the paintings and suddenly they are meaningful and you can't take turn away from them. Then you must return to see them again the next day or bring one home!

Visited October 2012

Hendersonville, TN
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“What a treat”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Blue Dog is iconic, so we wanted to make sure our children got to "meet" him on our recent trip to New Orleans. Imagine our surprise when we entered the gallery and were greeted by the curator with a lovely smile and warm welcome (not always expected when traveling with children). She brought out some Blue Dog books for the kids to look at and made us all feel very comfortable. She walked the gallery with us and explained the paintings to all of us, and treated us like we were the most important people she'd seen all day! I highly suggest a visit to the Rodrigue studio if you are in town. Lovely art, lovely people.

Visited May 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Buy a Blue Dog !”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I just love his work. I guess you either are or are not in love with his cute Blue Dog art. Great new space since I was last in NOLA. Check it out ! I added another great print to my collection. Someday maybe I can afford an original !

Visited April 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Cute gallery, nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Nice little gallery in the heart of the French Quarter. Come here to see originals of the iconic 'Blue Dog'. While the pictures are cool and the place provides a refreshing blast of AC, there's nothing that makes this place truly special. Also, the books cost about twice as much as you'd find elsewhere. Definitely worth stopping by for a quick look, though.

Visited August 2011