“Must see gallery....Love the Blue Dog”
Review of Rodrigue Studio

Rodrigue Studio
Ranked #142 of 364 things to do in New Orleans
Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Must see gallery....Love the Blue Dog”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Made the Rodrigue Studio an early visit on our 1st trip to New Orleans. I've loved the Blue Dog since 1st seeing the gallery in Carmel, CA in 1991 and attended the grand opening there where I met George Rodrigue. We had a long and warm chat with Sandra Crake who had been at the Carmel gallery for many years and who I remembered from my visits there. Each piece of art work is so unique and the gallery is just perfect....a must stop on your NOLA trip.
So sad to hear that George Rodrigue passed the week following our trip there.....a great loss.

Visited December 2013

Cleveland, OH
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The Same Picture Yet All Different!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my 2nd trip to the Rodrigue Studio in New Orleans. While visiting the city you will notice pictures of blue dogs. And you've witnessed Rodrigue's artistry. Visit the studio on Rue Royal to take in more of this adventurous pup! At first glance the pictures seem to be all the same, but on closer inspection you realize that each one has dramatic yet tiny differences (aside from the background) which allows you to understand that works general idea or mood. I adore the blue dog, especially "Blue Dog and the Cajuns". If I were a wealthy woman I would own at least a print! TIP: Visit Rue Royal early in the day as many of the galleries and shops close fairly early. Be respectful: don't touch the art or act a fool inside. This is a functioning gallery with a curator, not an air conditioned hide-out for the inebriated. However, do feel free to ask the on-duty curator any questions you may have, they are friendly and always ready to answer questions.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Revisited the Rodrigue Studio”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We returned to New Orleans and just had a great time again.
I LOVE the art and especially the blue dogs at the Rodrigue studio !!!
It take a few minutes but then you fall in love with the blue dogs.
I loved seeing the blue dogs in the Besh steakhouse (great dinner) at the Harrah's casino restaurant. Saw them again at the Ritz Carlton, outside billboard on Canal street and other locations!

Visited October 2013
Texas
531 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 522 helpful votes
“Agree With All "Blue Dog Rules"”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My spouse has always admired the Blue Dog art so while in New Orleans and on Royal St we of course had to stop and look. The art is amazing, and you can take your time to look around without the usual pressure...

Visited April 2013
Sarasota, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blue dog rules!!!”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This gallery is so interesting. Learned the origin of the blue dog. I'll save that for the wonderful lady in the gallery to tell because you need to hear the lilting accent while you hear the origin. A must see!

Visited November 2012