“Ho hum”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Cross street: Terpsichore
Transit: Yes, RTA at the corner of Annunciation and Terpsichore. St. Charles Avenue streetcar is within a short walking distance.
Description: Housed in a historic former firehouse, Dijon is the first restaurant concept from New Orleans native Kurt Brodtmann. He is working with Executive Chef Daniel Causgrove to deliver a truly unique dining experience! We offer a Louisiana Contemporary cuisine with French and Creole influences. Our menu will rotate seasonally according to availability and by Chef's choice and will always feature rotating daily dinner specials, featured wines and cocktails. We take a French provincial approach to fine dining by inviting you to our humble space and serving you nothing but the freshest local ingredients possible. A few special features of Dijon are a Chef’s Table in the main dining room complete with its own small kitchen (coming soon!!!), a beautiful private courtyard area, and a premium bar and lounge area that features the City's best cocktails and great wines!
London, United Kingdom
“Ho hum”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Chose this place as it was fairly close to our hotel and it had gotten decent reviews but all in all it was a less than stellar experience. We arrived for our 630pm reservation and chose to sit on the patio as it was a lovely evening. A duo was playing there (bass and guitar) and were the highlight of our dinner. We were the only patrons for quite a while which was a bit disconcerting and our waiter was blasé but was friendly enough.
After a very nice sparkling brut rose, bread and butter was brought to the table: butter was great but the bread!! NOT good. When it is so easy to provide good, crusty, fresh baked bread, why they would serve such tasteless fluff I have no idea.
It set a tone of mediocrity and the meal didn't really recover, sadly.
We ordered several starters: my sweet potato soup was pretty tasty but they served it in such a huge bowl it was a bit overwhelming. My husband's fried oysters on kale was good, he said, altho the slaw they served with it was overly acidic. Next up was a salad for me which purportedly had "almonds,arugula and Parmesan". If there were any of those in there they were microscopic. And,again, dressing thin and too acidic. It was a $3 salad at best and not worth my time. My husband had a shrimp and grits appetizer then and the presentation was horrible. It looked to be a generic deep fried hockey puck of a "grits cake" smothered in some unappealing, un identifiable dark green sauce. He ate it but was not impressed.
Still hungry we were lured in by the "cheese plate" that was ridiculous. $14 for two tiny pieces each of St.Agur and some "Bulgarian sheeps cheese" that tasted basically like a generic Swiss. The "accompaniments" were tasteless and disappointing also: pickled mushrooms and onions,jam, all very weak.
OY. The best part if this restaurant is the ambiance and their musical duo. Otherwise, very overpriced and not worth the visit.

1 Thank FoodiesAnonymous

Harvey, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful meal on Saturday the 15th. Over the past 3 months I've been to Dijon 3-4 times and consider this restaurant a hidden gem.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Guy B
Houston, Texas
“Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Restaurant is easy to find we stayed in the Garden District of NOLA, we drove it was 1.8 miles from the hotel, wouldn't recommend using the streetcar. All the surrounding hotels offer cab service. The restaurant is a very classic remodel of an old fire house. I loved the setting. The music level was very nice, 5 of us dinning. Easily booked on Open Table. White linen table cloths add to the ambiance -that's a bugaboo for me, I think all upscale restaurants must use linen table cloths and napkins, they did. One would think that goes without saying, but not always the case. Our waiter seemed well informed of the wine list. The steaks were perfectly prepared and the pate' enjoyable. With all the choices in and around the Garden District this is a top choice. Business attire is appropriate.

1 Thank CherylCrownRoyal
“Great Food. Great Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our family of three dined here Dec. 26th. The converted fire station is a bit on the open/industrial side, but the food will make that a distant memory. There were three menues. A regular menu, a specials menu, and a Living Social menu. All three were very interesting. The soups were across the board great. Extra credit for the presentation. Salads were nicely portioned, composed, and dressed. First courses were all winners. Main courses chosen were short ribs on polenta and eggplant topped with grilled shrimp. The ribs were fall-apart tender with polenta that was about the best I have ever tasted. Eggplant and shrimp were well done and complemented each other well. Lots of shrimp here too!
Desserts were a chocolate indulgent flowerless cake. Very rich, and left the women all smiles.
This is an out of the way restaurant easily to find from the warehouse district, business district, or the quarter. Public transportation stops directly in front of the restaurant. If you don't care for a bus, the cab ride is short and not all that expensive. This restaurant is worth the trip, and you can tell your friends back home about a meal other than Commanders or Emeril's.

2 Thank Wineho
New Orleans
“Re my last review ". . . room for growth": It has grown. Very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Dijon is now a very good restaurant. Excellent Manhattan and delicious Fall Farmhouse Salad, for me, wife loved her appetizer as well. My filet was perfect, Patricia's eggplant-shrimp special excellent. A chocolate dessert was just too rich for both of us. A wider dessert menu with a few less rich options would be an improvement, one of few I can imagine. The neighborhood has picked up as well, and now seems quite walkable.