Elysian Fields Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marigny Guest House(New Orleans)
View Hotel
Lamothe House Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Pool
The Frenchmen Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel de la Monnaie(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Soniat House(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Rathbone Mansions(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Inn on Ursulines(New Orleans)
View Hotel
All reviewsfrenchman streetb bshort walkgreat hostsfront porchaveda bath productsfaubourg marignyfrench quartershrimp and gritsevery morningbed and breakfastgave us great tipsplace to staygreat musicfew blocksbreakfast is servedwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
austin, tx
Reviewed 21 February 2006

my wife and I just returned from a 4 day Mardi Gras weekend in New Orleans and I have no hesitation in recommending the Elysian Fields unreservedly to all.

The house itself is beautiful, rooms are immaculate, with great attention to detail, the living/dining/kitchen areas are very inviting. Jim and Leigh are pefect hosts, Zeke is a really friendly pooch. Breakfast is wonderful! Location couldn't be better, right next to Frenchman and its bars and restaurants, and only 5 minutes walk from the Quarter.

End your search for a place to stay right now, book yourself in at the Elysian Fields Inn, and get yourself to New Orleans!

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 21 January 2006

We loved the location of this B&B. We walked around the neighborhood and found some great food and music. The atmosphere unique and we felt like we had stepped back in time walking place to place in an area fairly quiet with just the right amount of music heard on the streets from a couple of the jazz bars.
The B&B itself is beautiful and comfortable. Breakfast is served in a large yet cozy common area where you can also find books and DVD's. Each room has a VCR and DVD player but you will not want to spend your time watching movies.
The house itself is historical and beautiful and I loved the comfortable front.
The owners of this B&B are very friendly and helpful. I very much enjoyed visiting with them. If you want complete privacy you'll have it here. It seems Lee and Jim know just when to appear and to disappear.
The B&B is very close to the French Quarter so you can dart back and forth easily.
We'll return to this home on our next stay.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2006

My husband and I just stayed at Elysian Fields Inn on New Years weekend and had a fabulous time. The new owners are friendly and this B&B is great. We have nothing but good things to say about our stay! It was clean, comfortable, and great location. They are located very close to Frenchmen Street, where are there are several jazz clubs and a few restaurants. It took us about 15-20 minutes to walk to the Jackson Square area (keep in mind that I am 7 months pregnant). We felt pretty safe walking from the inn to the Quarter. Another good thing about where they are located is that there is plenty of free street parking. We would definitely recommend the place to others and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank crackzola
Reviewed 5 August 2005

It's been nearly a year and a half since we stayed at the Elysian Fields Inn. A few friends and I were discussing a fun trip to take together during the upcoming certain to be gloomy winter, and when New Orleans was brought up my girlfriend and I immediately said that there was only one place to stay. I realized that every time anyone mentions New Orleans I immediately tell them that they have to stay at Gregg and Sal's wonderful B&B. When a place stays in your mind over time in such a positive way you understand how memorable an experience it truly was, and its excellence should be acknowledged. Hence this belated review.
The inn is quite attractive, with an understated yet elegant decor, which in and of itself sets it apart from many B&Bs. Our room was very well appointed and felt like a familiar guest room at an old friend's house, but with a far superior breakfast. The strawberry french toast in particular was outstanding. Enjoying that breakfast out on the porch was perfect. The light and airy common room is an equally satisfactory place to dine, or to just relax and read the paper. Gregg and Sal themselves are perfect hosts, friendly and informative without being the least bit intrusive. Their recommendations on restaurants and other local places of interest were quite helpful.
We found the location to actually be quite ideal, far away from the noise of the French Quarter, but only a 10-15 minute stroll from the heart of it. And nearby Frenchman Street was a find, with some very good restaurants and music. While the streets were fairly deserted when returning to the inn at night it we had no incidents and felt rather comfortable with the walk. So to sum it up, believe all the five star reviews and research no further. Stay at the Elysian Fields Inn.

• Stayed: March 2004
5  Thank Greg R
Victoria, TX
Reviewed 3 August 2005

My husband and I stayed here on 4th of July weekend. We had a great stay! Sal gave us an orientation and by the time that he was done, Greg had parked our car and taken our luggage to our room! You just don't get service like that at a hotel! It was our first bed and breakfast experiance and we loved it. By the way, the inn was incredably clean! Everything was neat and organized! If we get to go back to New Orleans, I will definatly book Elysian Fields again! Thank you guys for your hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2005