“An oasis of calm in New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles

1896 O'Malley House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“An oasis of calm in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2004

We just finished our whirlwind tour of the southern states in New Orleans at The O'Malley House , it was superb. Brad and Larry were brilliant hosts ,the breakfasts were excellent and the rooms are wonderful. It really is an oasis of calm from the crowds and noise of the French Quarter , yet it is so easy to ride the streetcar and be in the action in a very short time. We intend to recommend this brilliant place to anyone who plans to travel to New Orleans .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
wash/dc metro area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2004

Just got back from our trip on Tues. We stayed at the 1896 O'Malley House. It was so nice. Just far enough from the Quarter. It was only a short drive down Canal Street. We parked right in front of the house. We rented a car cuz of our 10 month old. We needed to go back to take naps during the day. The rooms are so lovely and the breakfast was great. Larry cooked a really nice breakfast each morning. The inn keepers were so nice. Brad lent us his port a crib from when he was a child for our daughter to stay in. My daughter just loved Brad to death. They also have this turn down service w/ chocolate dipped strawberries. Most of the rooms have jacuzzis also...they always had snacks readily avail all day. if you wanted to take the street car it's just across the street...I can't tell you how much we enjoyed our trip. This is the place to stay... Compared to all the extras this place has to offer it is a steal for the rate... I can't wait to go back for another visit. I'm going to tell all my friends to stay here next time they visit NOLA. They usually stay at the "W."
the Basto's

Meridian MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2004

Most of my travels are for business, which usually dictates staying at a hotel near the convention, although I sometimes stay at a Bed & Breakfast. Recently, however, my husband and I and our son's family took a family week-end and stayed at the 1896 O'Malley House in New Orleans. A beautifully restored home, it is the most charming B&B I have EVER stayed in. Everything exudes elegance and attention to detail. The breakfast was sumptious, the hosts friendly and accommodating, the rooms comfortable and clean, the location handy to nearby landmarks and shopping, and the atmosphere relaxing. Amenities far exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend this experience for anyone needing accommodations while in New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2004

This is a great B & B! Brad and Larry were perfect hosts. If there is such a thing as elegantly cozy then this is it! I only wish they had a branch B & B in every city I visit. I would give five stars for the breakfast, the decor, the location, the cost, the friendliness, etc. It has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed October 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2004

If you are looking for incredible southern cooking, with exquisite attention to detail, you must stop by the O'Malley House. The owners made our stay relaxing and enjoyable. About a mile outside of the French Quarter, the O'Malley House B&B is right across from the Trolley, which runs 24 hours a day into the heart of New Orleans. You are greeted with a beverage of your choice, shown where you can help yourself to homemade goodies in the butler's pantry, while your luggage is taken to your room. Your bed is turned down every evening, and you are left with a few hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries. The owners are courteous, full of stories, and have an excellent listing of all of the local and not so local attractions and restaurants. Highly recommend staying multiple nights, as two are not enough!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2004

We spent several days at 1896 O'Malley House and what started out perfect just kept getting better. Brad, Larry and Cody are the consumate hosts. Superb food, lovely decor and clean comfortable rooms. Bathrooms are up-to-date and spacious. Breakfast is served at a most gracious table and the food was delicious. Though I would like to balance this with a suggestion or complaint, I have none. It is a wonderful facility with wonderful hosts.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2004

This is a great B&B - lots of good taste in the rooms' interior design, the hosts go out of their way to help with anything, good breakfast, everything is clean and cosy. I guess it can't get any better. I loved the chocolate covered strawberries every evening :-)