“Great service”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #16 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My tween daughter, dog and I recently stayed at Lowes in New Orleans. It is located a short walk from Canal St. We walked all but the last day we were there The Insectarium is a 10 minute walk The Aquarium, Riverwalk and Steamboat Natchez are all about two blocks away. The customer service at this hotel is tops. The doormen and bell hops alway friendly. Neil, the concierge very helpful and professional.

We requested a room with a view and our request was filled. For the most part our room was very clean. My only complaint was there was a small stain on the rug off to the side that looked like it could have been spot cleaned before we checked in. Being a room for families traveling with pets...I wondered what it could have been. Other than that, the room and bathroom was spotless. The beds were comfortable and they have a Krups coffee maker in the room so AM coffee is plentiful. If your dog is like mine and needs grass...a park is just three short blocks away.
We ate breakfast once at the resturant in the hotel. Cafe Adelaide. Breakfast was good. We also dined there our first night in town. Food good, staff attentitive. I debated about the soup choice and the waiter gave me a taste of the soup I did not order for future referance.

Hotel has Indoor lap pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness center. Also, sadly I did not get time to visit the spa. Parking was comparable to any other big city.

All and all a very good hotel and would definatly stay there again.

PS. If you want to gamble, a casino is a block away.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Without a doubt The Loews is the nicest hotel in New Orleans.We are locals and stayed at just about every hotel in and around the French Quarter and Loews is our number 1 choice..The workers always have a smile and aim to please you.The rooms are very modern and very clean.There are only 2 or 3 hotels that have a spa.My wife likes the Loews Spa.They have an indoor pool and hot tub.There is no way this hotel should not be in the top five hotels in New orleans......

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Good hotel in Busines/warehouse area. breakfast were Ok at reasonable prices. Parking costs are a bit high at $32 per day

Room Tip: dont bring a car
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I recently stayed at the Loews April 13-16th with my family. Now this hotel is located in the Warehouse District which is on the edge of the French Quarter...a good 15 minute walk from the heart of the action. But this place is awesome! The service from the door man to the valet to the concierge. There's no where else I would stay. The room are large and the view from the 21st floor is amazing. It was a great place to accomodate our children, 3 and 6 years old. Even though its a walk to the French Quarter it is worth it. The river walk is a block away and the Harrah's casino is right across the street.

Bottom line...this is where we will stay when we are in New Orleans!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view!
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Stayed at the hotel for one night with family. It was the only hotel available in actual new orleans (that week all hotels were booked because of major conferences) and I refused to stay in the NO 'burbs. Hotel ranks high for customer service in my book--I called about 30 minutes before making it to the hotel to see if they had a room for me even though it was well before check in time--they did and promised to hold the room for my arrival. Upon arriving to the hotel we were greeted by the nicest bellman--Julio. He gave us tips on events happening in the city (we were there during the French Quarter Festival). We had a room with two double beds on the 15th floor--amazing view of the bridge and city! The room was a little stuff when we got in (perhaps because it was 80 degrees out) but we were able to crank up the air to a comfortable temperature. The location of the hotel wasn't too far from central business district of New Orleans or other areas like the French Quarter--about a 15-20 min minute walk. The location is best for folks who want to be close to the riverwalk or Harrah's casino, which is just across the street. My only gripes about the hotel were the charges for internet ($12 in room or free wifi in lobby area only) and the valet-only parking at $35. I tried finding cheaper parking near by, but there really wasn't cheap parking within walking distance I felt comfortable with getting to at all hours. Brightside--the parking is right in the hotel, so you don't wait long for your car to return. While the Loews wasn't my first choice, I did have a good stay thanks the staff.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

No frills, just nice and convenient for the convention center as well as the French Quarter.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Stayed in Mid-march while in twon for a conference at teh Sheraton.

Room: had a "grand luxury" room - very large, with king bed, couch, sitting chair, two flat screen TVs, a great CD player, work desk and good lighting options. The room had individual climate control. The bath was large, with a separate tub and shower. Good water pressure and temp. Tub was slightly larger than average but not a real soaking tub. Room also came with bathrobes. There was a safe that fit my 14" laptop, but a 15.6” widescreen may not fit. The room also had a mini-bar and snacks. Spendy as usual but nice to have and much more convenient than room service. Overall decor was nothing special - functional, not opulent. Room seemed clean. This is not a historic hotel by any means. It is a good solid functional hotel.

Gym/pool: Pool is long enough for decent, albeit short, lap workouts. It is a saltwater pool, which is more environmentally sound, but some people don’t like that sort of thing. The whirlpool is a good size and was hot. There is a sauna as well, but you will need to fire it up well before you want to use it. I didn’t use the gym, but it looked nice. There is also a spa on that floor. Didn’t use that either.

View: The view is important to me as I like to kick back at the end of the day and watch the world go by out my window. I was on the 11th floor, which I think is the first floor of rooms, and I had an interesting view of the Spanish Plaza, Poydras St, the CBD, and of the line of people waiting to eat at Mothers. The opposite side of the building faces a high rise hotel, so views on that side are limited in some rooms. Windows are large.

Service: I though service was excellent all around. The concierge provided good tips on jazz clubs. The front desk was efficient. The bellhops were always ready to help out, and the doormen on task, fun and full of good suggestions. My room was cleaned before lunch each day. Staff was all very friendly. I’ve found that tipping well early on in the stay pays off in spades when traveling. I encourage others who seem to have consistent bad service experiences to try it sometime.

Location: Great for the convention center as it is close to the CC (5 minute walk) but not buried in the warehouse district, which seems a bit dodgy (or at least empty) at night. The area around the hotel is always busy due to the line of hotels across from Harrah’s, and from Harrah’s itself. It takes about 5 minutes to get into the FQ, and I walked from Bourbon, down Canal, to Peters and to the Hotel on two different nights by myself and felt completely safe. One block towards the river is Fremont Street – which is an odd attempt to bring the FQ into the warehouse district. It doesn’t seem to have been successful, though there is a Gordon Biersch brewpub and restaurant there which has good beer and decent food. They also make really good pizzas. I got one to go for watching a movie in my room one night. One block towards the warehouse district are two small local restaurants with good food at good prices. There is also a great local bar there with good brass bands.

This is my third trip to NO, and I have stayed at the Hilton, the Royal Sonesta and Loews. If you are going for pleasure, I’d suggest the Royal Sonesta – its in the heart of the FQ and has a great interior huge courtyard/pool/outdoor bar. If you are going for business, I recommend Lowes over the Hilton. Loews is much smaller, has easier access to Canal and to the FQ, and the rooms are nicer.

Hope this helps. Have a good trip!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business