“Loved our stay plus great staff”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #15 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

No complaints. Nice room, great bell men. The fitness center was probably the best of any place I have stayed. Right across from the casino. It wasn't too far from the French Quarter, maybe 15 minutes to get to the heart of the Quarter. The only issue with the location is crossing Canal Street to get to the French Quarter, beyond that, stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our location is perfectly located near the French Quarter as well as many of the city's great attractions. Our staff pride themselves in ensuring that each of our guests feels welcome to the city and our property. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to our property soon.

Loews New Orleans Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. It is in a great location within walking distance of the riverfront where you can catch a trolley or you can easily walk to the French Quarter. The rooms are larger than most in the area and very clean. Staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on future visits to New Orleans.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank churchmouse

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing an clean and comfortable product with great service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews New Orleans Hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed here leading up to, and for New Year's 2012. Prices were of course up, but found them to be reasonable for the time of year. Easy walk to the Superdome for a Saints game, tons of great restaurants nearby, right by the Riverwalk and Harrah's Casino. The rooms are so comfortable, clean, and spacious, most have great views. Had wonderful service with everyone we encountered at the hotel. Nice that it is a few blocks, but still an easy walk to all the excitement of Bourbon St and Jackson Sq. Quiet area. Will probably stay again next time we're in town. Decent fitness facility. Spa and pool available, but we didn't use.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a river view. The first 8 floors are all parking garage, so generally all rooms hav...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for ringing in the new year with us!

We are delighted that our hotel and team were able to ensure your comfort over this special occasion. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We travel a lot with our pets (2 large breed dogs...a German Shepherd & a St. Bernard). A lot of times we have to comprise luxury for a lower quality hotel that will accept our dogs. But at this hotel we had the best of both worlds! Luxurious hotel & our dogs were more than welcome! There was only a $25 fee for our entire stay with both dogs! We've always had to pay a higher pet fee than this...even at hotels that weren't nearly as nice. Loews even has a room service menu for pets.
Our room was very nice & clean, bed was large & comfy. Great location...in the french quarter but an area that was a little more quiet & laid back...but still very close to everything. (Walking distance). The hotel staff were courteous, valet was equally courteous & helpful. There were no vending machines in the hotel (that we saw), but our room came with a fully stocked mini bar.
We have absolutely no complaints about this hotel! We will definitly stay here again!
Thank you Loews for a very pleasant stay!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank z28blondie
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. At the Loews New Orleans we take great pride in providing a 4 Diamond pet friendly hotel. At our property you will never have to sacrifice on service levels to travel with your pet. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to have you back for another visit soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Large, bright rooms (mine had a river view), a lovely lobby, and a crowded bar made my stay enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers.

The one downside specific to my stay was that my room had a stain on the carpet that made it look less than stellar. Otherwise, the king room was great.

The room is actually almost a suite, with a sitting area at one end. The room also has a large desk with an office chair and a guest chair. A good place to stay and to work during a quick trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. You can see the barges moving past at night, which gives a very a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Corie R
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed at the Loews in New Orleans for a combination of vacation with my husband, and then a few days for a conference. We had a wonderful experience. Our plan arrived super late and we didn't get to the hotel until nearly midnight - but the staff was extremely friendly and got us checked in and off to bed right away. I actually had two reservations - 3 nights for a Luxury King with my husband, then another 2 nights for a lower class room at a conference rate. They allowed me to keep the same Luxury room for all 5 nights, which was really nice.

The room itself was large and very comfortable. The location is good - right by the casino and close to the French Quarter. However, it is a good long walk to get from the hotel to some of the other interesting areas (like Frenchman's street), so be prepared or get a cab.

My conference experience with this hotel was also good. The rooms were nice and I remember all of them having windows - which is a blessing when you are sitting through hour after hour of meetings.

I ate one meal in the restaurant downstairs, had several conference meals, and ordered room service once. I found the food to be ok if you don't have another choice, but not something to seek out. Their seafood/crawfish bisque for the conference were yummy, though :)

I would definitely stay in this hotel again. I thought it was a slight step above the nearby Hilton.

Oh - two negative experiences were the spa and the business center. We stopped by the spa to see if there were any massage appointments and the staff didn't want to give us the time of day (we opted for no massage). I also was very frustrated by the business center. I wanted to make copies of a document using a USB drive - and the copier didn't recognize my file type (Microsoft Word). I finally gave up and just emailed everyone the file after the conference.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed for two nights while attending a conference. I come to NOLA about once a year for conferences. Always love the food and the vibe in the Quarter but am usually disappointed by the shabbiness of the hotels in the Quarter and near the Casino that most conferences seem to use. I've stayed at the Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott. They are fine but all a bit threadbare. This time I picked the Loews (it was one of the options for the conference) and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely - well-decorated, large and in pristine condition. The atmosphere was relaxed but luxurious. Great bar with good food. Good gym. Even has a nice lap pool and hot tub. Very attentive service. I'd stay here even if I was paying.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business