“Great Hotel Close Enough to Everything!”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #14 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wind Lake, WI
“Great Hotel Close Enough to Everything!”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

The taxi ride there was a horrifying experience but the hotel was beautiful, clean and the staff were VERY welcoming. I felt like I was special from the moment they opened my taxi door. The rooms were very clean and spacious and I had a great view of the river. Both the restaurant and the hotel bar had wonderful service and the bartenders managed to remember exactly what I wanted to order even though they always seemed fairly busy. There were many of us here for business so a group of us would always walk up to the French Quarter for some nightlife and dinner. Not sure if I would have made the walk alone but the hotel is not far from where people are so I am sure it would be fine. Should I return for pleasure, I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our property. From our doormen to our restaurant team we all take great pride in ensuring each of our guests has a positively memorable experience while with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience began on not such a positive note. We will communicate this concern to our local taxi cab bureau. We look forward to having you visit our city and property again in the future.

Loews New Orleans Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed here when we were at a convention. I really liked our room - it was large and had nice amenities like single cup Kerig coffee maker, refrigerator and large bathroom with separate shower & tub. They were even kind enough to bring up a microwave when we asked. The location was close to the convention center and the river and not too far away from the French Quarter.

The restaurant did not look too inviting and the doorman were not too friendly. Those were the only two negatives. The front waiting area was very nice and the check in staff were nice. This is a nice, quality hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your experience at our property. It's always nice when you can work a bit of pleasure into a convention visit. We will work to address your concerns with our team in our restaurant and at our door. We look forward to having you back in our city and at our property in the future.

Loews New Orleans Management
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Located across the street from Harrah's, three blocks from the French Quarter this hotel is within walking distance of all of the attractions New Orleans has to offer. The room was very nice, clean and spacious. The hotel staff could not have been friendlier. While we didn't visit the bar or restaurant they were certainly crowded and appeared to draw quite a crowd both nights we were there. My next trip to New Orleans will definitely include a stay at Loew's.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our location is one of the greatest amenities we can offer. We hope to welcome you back to our city and property soon.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I must admit that the rug in my lovely room had seen better days...but frankly, I just didin;t care. The room was spacious, huge windows lots of natural light. The location of the hotel was excellent in my opinion..close enought to walk to the quarter, casino, warehouse district, and the St Charles streetcar. It was just removed enough from the craziness of Bourbon street....I did like that. Many really good restaurants nearby as well as the museums and canal street for supplies, tee shirts..etc etc.
The customer service is very good here....excellent concierge services. I felt very taken care of there....all in all a great stay and I would love to retrun!

Room Tip: ask for river view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in New Orleans and at the Loews New Orleans Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will be inspecting our carpet condition to ensure the product is up to your standards as well as ours. We hope to welcome you back to our property soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 January 2013

For a recent business trip to New Orleans, I spent a lot of time comparing the major hotels located in the downtown business district. I settled on the Loews as it had one of the highest ratings (here and on other sites) of New Orleans hotels. While on my trip, I also got to see many of these nearby hotels as I visited colleagues who were staying in them.

I quickly got the impression that the hotels in New Orleans are overall not particularly luxurious. While the Loews is indeed one of the nicest hotels in New Orleans (and the nicest of the ones I saw), it is really just average on a broader national level. The lobby of the hotel was very well designed, with a good lounge and apparently well-known bar and restaurant. The common area decor was tasteful, though not particularly stylish or modern. My "grand king" room was very spacious, but perhaps too much so, as the room seemed sparse with lots of wasted space. The decor was certainly dated (perhaps 15 years), though the rooms were generally clean and well maintained. There was nothing particularly interesting about the rooms or the hotel, just an overall pleasant experience.

If I return to New Orleans, I'd definitely stay at the Loews again. Just don't expect to be overwhelmed by style or luxury (no matter where you stay).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nick_PHX_AZ
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback of your experience in New Orleans and at the Loews New Orleans Hotel. We pride ourselves in providing a clean, stylish and luxurious product. We are in the planning process of updating our decor and will ensure that your feedback is taken into consideration. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews New Orleans on your next visit to the city.

Loews New Orleans Management
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

No complaints. Nice room, great bell men. The fitness center was probably the best of any place I have stayed. Right across from the casino. It wasn't too far from the French Quarter, maybe 15 minutes to get to the heart of the Quarter. The only issue with the location is crossing Canal Street to get to the French Quarter, beyond that, stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our location is perfectly located near the French Quarter as well as many of the city's great attractions. Our staff pride themselves in ensuring that each of our guests feels welcome to the city and our property. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to our property soon.

Hitchcock, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. It is in a great location within walking distance of the riverfront where you can catch a trolley or you can easily walk to the French Quarter. The rooms are larger than most in the area and very clean. Staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on future visits to New Orleans.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank churchmouse
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing an clean and comfortable product with great service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews New Orleans Hotel soon.