“Clean, comfy, contemporary”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Waterloo, Canada
“Clean, comfy, contemporary”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days during a conference. The hotel was centrally located in the financial district, which is very close to the casino and convention center, and only a ten to twenty minute walk to the warehouse/arts district and French Quarter.

The hotel was clean and comfortable, with spacious rooms and contemporary bathrooms. The style of the room was pretty basic, but the bathrooms were nice.

The food at the hotel restaurant was wonderful. I enjoyed a post-travel dinner alone, away from the rowdiness of the Swizzle Stick bar on the opposite side of the corridor. The pork chop was delicious, and the service was excellent. All of the food we had during the conference was also wonderful.

My only negative would be the service. My concern about saying this is I think it may be a cultural difference. When I first arrived at the hotel, I thought the staff wasn't very friendly. They didn't really smile and seemed lacsidasical. There was also an issue with my reservation, and instead of being accomodating, it seemed like an annoyance to them (we had three rooms and I was the only person who came in on the day of the reservation because the other people's flights were rebooked due to bad weather). The attendant who had to unlock the reservation in the computer even gave me a rude look when I tried to explain the situation. What I realized is that this is the norm in New Orleans! The ebb and flow and service demeanor is just different than what I am used to. In general, service is slow, laid back and unenthusiastic, which is very different than what I am accustomed to. On the other hand, I should add that the phone agent who booked my trip (not from New Orleans) was absolutely fantastic.

My only other negative is probably something that hotel's do in general. I accidentally left my pajama's in the room when I checked out, realizing later that night. Luckily, I wasn't far away, and could return to retrieve them, but the hotel didn't make me aware that they had been forgotton. With all of the communications technology we have these days, why wouldn't they have notified me that there were items left in the room instead of just sending them to the lost and found?

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water and on a higher floor if you want a nicer view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take great pride in providing a quality product and a high level of service. I am delighted you enjoyed our food and room accommodations. We are known for providing a uniquely high level of service. I apologize for us having fallen short of both our standards and your expectations as it relates to service. We will definitely share your feedback with our team members to ensure that this is addressed accordingly. We hope to have another opportunity to have you with us in the future so that we can demonstrate the service levels that we are known for and take great pride in.

Loews New Orleans Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great location, near the French Quarter. The room were large, the staff was friendly and helpful. Banquet food very good. The bar was lively with attentive wait staff. Have stayed in New Orleans before but this was the best location.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We appreciate your taking the time to do so. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. The Swizzle Stick Bar is the perfect place to visit after a day or meetings or sightseeing. During your next visit please be sure to visit Cafe Adelaide as well. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel is beautiful, and the room was spacious and well-appointed. I was there for a mixture of business and pleasure - the conference facilities were nice, and the food was terrific. The service and front desk staff were all very helpful and could not have been more accommodating in terms of giving advice on things to see and do. I would definitely stay with Loews again.

Room Tip: Put in for an upgraded room. The upgrade charges are reasonable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride in being the perfect destination for both business and pleasure. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New Orleans.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Pros: The double queen room was a large room with a big bathroom for a standard room. Three of us were more than comfortable. The beds were excellent. The concierge was very helpful. The room was quiet even next to the elevator and I'm fussy. They brought us extra coffee pods within minutes of requesting them.

Cons: They charged us for items that we should not have been. $300+ in charges. They did correct it without much fuss and handed me a new statement. Strange though, the front desk person upon check out asked me if I wanted to see our itemized statement. I'm a frequent business traveler and I've never been asked that. When there were extra charges, I felt like it was a little shady. Since it's a reputable hotel, I'll give them the benefit of it being several simple errors. I'm glad I looked. The amount on the credit card still isn't corrected.

It's a small walk to the FQ so if you want to be in the heart of it all, this is not the place but I liked it because it was a quiet area. They have a great restaurant and bar but they are lacking a coffee counter. Something that would be a quick trip downstairs in the a.m. for coffee and muffins. They do have coffee pods in the room.

All in all, nice people and classy clientele.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience as well as our central location. We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations and efficient service. It is our standard to inquire about reviewing the bill in order to speed the checkout process as we email the bill to any email address on file the night prior to departure as one of our many green initiatives. We also make the review of the bill available via the television. I sincerely apologize for the discrepancy and am happy we were able to quickly correct the issue. We look forward to, hopefully, having another opportunity to ensure a flawless experience from start to finish during your next visit to New Orleans.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed for a conference but would definitely return for personal as well. Hotel is in a great location, close to the casino, French Quarter, the river, shopping, great restaurants, etc. Staff were excellent and attentive. Hotel food, via the conference, was exceptional. Expensive bar, especially with happy hour just outside, but c'est la vie. Room very clean and quiet, bed comfortable. The only thing I would change is to have a printed invoice delivered under my door on the last night - bit surprised to have to go to the front desk to check out, been awhile since I've had to do that. But otherwise, absolutely no complaints!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your visit and also for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We provide email delivery of folios on the night prior to departure. This is one of many ways we work to reduce our carbon footprint. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. It was an easy walk to the French Quarter. Cabs were easily accessible, too. The bell staff is especially attentive, anticipating your every request. The front desk staff was efficient and helpful. The concierge was also excellent.

My room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. I could have easily spent more time in bed. A chaise, rather than an upholstered chair, was impractical. The bathroom was fabulous -- large, with granite countertops, a bathtub and separate tile shower. The sink faced a large window. The towels were thick.

I was attending a conference in the hotel. The food served for breakfasts, lunch, and breaks tasted good and looked great. Service in the hotel's bar, even in a larger group, was excellent.

Now for the negatives. I ordered a salad from the room service menu, confirming ingredients twice with the order taker. The salad I got was not what was described. The ingredients were different and I was disappointed.

The deadbolt on my door didn't work. I called the front desk and a worker was at my door within minutes. He got it to work for him, but it worked for me only after too much effort. I had trouble as the worker was leaving my room. He was convinced the lock worked and left. I struggled with it for the duration of my stay.

Green Features: I would have preferred that housekeeping not clean my room. The maid was conscientious, though, and was ready to totally clean my room until I interrupted her adn told her it wasn't necessary.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your taking the time to do so. It is our goal to provide a flawless experience from beginning to end. I apologize for the discrepancies with your room service order as well as the lock issue experienced. It is always our goal to make things right when opportunities occur. I would love to opportunity to speak to you in reference to these issues and personally apologize. Please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com with your contact info so we may ensure we rectify the matter. We hope to have another opportunity to make up for these unfortunate opportunities.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a very nice hotel, good location and with huge rooms. However, some more attention to small details would be appreciated. The hotel seems a bit "cold" at times. Breakfast is expensive and not very good.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will be sure to use your feedback to ensure our service levels and quality are up to our standards and your expectations. We hope to have another opportunity to have your with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to demonstrate the service and quality levels we are known for.