“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was very nice. I loved the location!! As soon as we arrived the men out front helped us out of our cars, loaded our luggage and brought them inside. We didn't have to do a thing. Our room was huge, bed comfortable, VERY CLEAN ROOMS and the river view out of the window was AWESOME. I was very impressed with how quickly the guys out front were with getting the cars whenever we needed them. My family and I were also very impressed with the work of Ross who was very kind and helpful. I was put on a different floor (floor 20) from my family who was on floor 16 and he immediately fixed the situation for us. I was moved to be near my family. WE REALLY APPRECIATED THAT!! We didn't try the restaurant at the hotel because there was a wonderful restaurant "Gordon Biersch" (TRY IT) located next door that has the best food for a reasonable price!!! My only disappointment in this hotel was not being told everything over the phone before I arrived there. If you are paying cash at this hotel make sure you have your deposit money of $75 dollars a night also. And I was told before I came that microwave and refrigerators are not in the rooms but I could request one. I wasn't told that it would be $20 a night ...FOR EACH!! I tried showing the young lady my email confirmation which didn't have a $20 a night charge on it but she refused to look at it and I tried to explain to her that when I called and asked about these items I wasn't told I would be charged, but she wasn't trying to hear that. She just kept repeating its $20 a night for each and if I wanted both it would be $40 a night. I thought that was outrageous. Other that that, My stay was awesome!! My kids loved the indoor pool and my husband loved the weight room!!

Room Tip: Request a room that has a river view. Gorgeous!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear AMarie232,

We are so glad you enjoyed our stay with us for your vacation in New Orleans. I'm glad we were able to place you on the same floor as the rest of your family. I will relay your kind words to Ross, as well as our bellmen and valets. It's our standard procedure to charge $20/night for a microwaves and a refrigerator. We are sorry this wasn't explained to you prior to your arrival.

We can't wait to see you again soon in the Big Easy!
Kristen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time in New Orleans...this hotel was very nice and close to everything. Its about a 25 minute cab ride from the airport to the hotel. The hotel was located right across the street from the Harrah s casino which was a good place to go if you got tired of the bourbon street scene..or if you like to gamble. The hotel has a very nice restaurant and bar located inside..the staff was very friendly and happy to help.The walk to bourbon street was only about 5 blocks so no need for a cab unless you have some fallen buddies who can't make the walk after a long day of bar hopping.

• Stayed June 2014
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Honeybadger100,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you were able to experience our wonderful staff! Loews New Orleans is close to the French Quarter: either by foot, car or bike taxi. Next time you and your buddies can experience the third option.

Hope to see you again soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property for 3 nights during a get away trip to New Orleans. We booked at the last minute and got a fantastic rate. The staff was very helpful and courteous, the room was fantastic, and the location is great. We will definitely stay here again. We never went to the hotel bar or restaurant, but Mother's diner is right across the street and it's fantastic! A short 10 minute (safe) walk to Cafe Du Monde, and to the french quarter/Bourbon street. It is close enough to be in the Quarter quickly, but far enough that you are away from the noise for some rest.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that was huge. The bathroom had a separate bath/shower and was really nice. I d...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rhwalker1
Dear rhwalker1,

We are so glad you and your wide were able to enjoy a 3-night getaway to New Orleans. We too think our location is hard to beat. Thank you for taking the time to review Loews New Orleans and let us know how we were able to please you. Next time you must try Cafe Adelaide and the Swizzle Stick Bar!

Can't wait to see you again,
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am spending 3 nights at Loew's Hotel in New Orleans. The service at each step of check in was amazing -- from the bellman when my taxi arrived, to the check-in process, to restaurant servers. The hotel was responsive to all my needs. We ordered room service the first night, which was brought promptly. Because we were tired, we ordered one meal to split between the two of us. When it arrived, the room service had provided an additional place setting! Later, when I needed two extra pillows, they arrived from housekeeping within 10 minutes. And to top if off, it is conveniently located to the French Quarter -- about a 3 block walk. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I stay at hotels for business and pleasure about 75 to 100 nights a year. Loew's Hotel in New Orleans is at the top of my choices! My experience will result in making reservations at other property locations.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Al J
Dear Al J,

What a wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will relay your positive comments to our bellman, front desk, room service and housekeeping staff. We hope you get the opportunity to experience our other properties, as well.
Thank you for your choosing Loews!

philly
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I come to New Orleans more than a few times a year. My go to hotel has been the omni in the French quarter and I love the hotel. However, most of my visits are to attend Saints games at the Superdome and the Loews is just down Poydras. Perfect location for walks to and from the game. You are really only five minutes out of the French quarter and if you feel the need for cafe du mined or for central grocer, just take the trolley. the Loews has a great bar with top shelf liquor and they chip ice off a block in the center of the bar -nice touch. there are some incredible restaurants just blocks away...especially wonderful one on magazine street. So, the location is actually quite ideal, a little quieter then being in the quarter and the rooms are nice sized, clean and very comfortable beds. Staff was readily available and always ready to help. I asked for reservations, water in the room,extra pillows etc and all my requests were taken care of quickly and with a smile. Think this just might be my new go-to hotel for saints games.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ontherdagain,

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. The Swizzle Stick Bar is always a great spot to catch a drink before a Saints game. I will pass on your comments to our front desk and housekeeping staff. Can't wait to see you again soon.

Geaux Saints!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A large modern hotel only a few minutes walk from the French Quarter. Staff eager to please-rooms nicely appointed.
The weekend brunch menu offered some tasty novelties.
My two criticisms-had to move out of first room due to water leaking through window frames during & after heavy rain. The room change was done without any hassle.
Restaurant staff need a short course in making a proper cup of English Breakfast tea.
(BOILING water, cold milk)
That aside, a classy & relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors have great view over city. Watch out for leaking windows in rainy conditions.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear jonwoodlx,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are thankful you found our staff to be helpful during your stay. We have addressed your concern with the windows, following the heavy storms. Also, that's a great photo of your view! We appreciate your feedback.

Springfield
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ideally located and the suite was perfect! Jetted tub top of the line w view of French Quarter and bedroom study had river views, amazing! Nice bed, 3 TVs, great pool with a jacuzzi AND sauna, clean and never full. Would have like the hours to be open a bit later though. Beautiful inside, but restaraunt and bar just average and of course a tad overpriced, but as a whole totally content w Loews

• Stayed June 2014
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Diana P,

We're so happy you had a great time at the Loews New Orleans and in the Big Easy. Thank you for taking time to let us know about it! We agree, our Mississippi River View rooms do have quite the view!