“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my fourth of fifth stay at the Loews New Orleans. I like the hotel very much because the rooms are big (for New Orleans) and very comfortable, the service is great and the location is easy access by car, yet only a 5 minute walk to Quarter and across the street from the casino. If you are in New Orleans to drink heavy on Bourbon and stumble back to your hotel, this might be two blocks too far. For me, this is my favorite New Orleans hotel if I need automobile access to the hotel during my stay. If I'm just hanging out in the Quarter, this is still a favorite but there are few others I like as well. While I haven't stayed at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans yet, the Loews is the most luxury I have found in New Orleans. I have no particular reason for holding back the fifth star on my rating -- I just do not use that very often.

Room Tip: it's really nice to see the boats go down the river so get a room on that side if you can. All...
Green Features: I have no idea. I think there are the usual signs about washing your towel or not.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Deat Lou-B1999,

A fourth stay! Repeated guests are such a compliment to us- one of our favorites. We're so glad you feel comfortable at Loews New Orleans Hotel. We hope you come back and see us soon; the boats on the Mississippi River are waiting for you!

Kristen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First and foremost, the professionalism of the staff from GM to reservations to front desk staff is impeccable. I've been staying in this hotel as my NOLA hotel of choice for 10 years, however, this time I sent a friend as my guest for her stay as she prepared to leave her youngest child for college.

I knew she would be in great hands service wise, however, the hotel exceeded my expectations and just made them feel at home at such a milestone occassion. No special amemities etc, just beung Helpful as you leave a child in a new city is a blessing. THANK YOU LOEWS....I know where this family will stay when they come and visit NOLA

The front desk staff, Ms. Betty, Chedrick and the concierges.....and the executive assistant to GM...."priceless" service

Room Tip: all of fhe rooms are excellent; but my favorite is the corne King and or King Suites; Riverside view
Green Features: they allow you to manage linen and towel usage as well as it appears they may use eco friendly cleaning solutions

Dear K W,

We are so happy to hear how we are your hotel of choice in New Orleans. Thank you for recommending us to your friend for this extremely important trip. We're glad we were able to ease the process, as we know a child going off to college is a huge milestone. I will be sure to relay your kind words to Better, Shedrick, the concierge team and Nanette in the executive offices.

We cannot wait to see you again!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our second visit to Loews New Orleans and we will definately be back. It's in a prime
location and walking distance to just about every french quarter attraction. Our kids loved the 8th floor indoor pool and spa. We also enjoyed the short walk to the Riverfront outlets. We can't wait to go back!

Dear April S,

Thank you for continuing to choose Loews New Orleans Hotel when you visit New Orleans. We're glad your children loved the pool and you were able to experience the fun of the French Quarter.
We can't wait to see you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was my 3rd time at this hotel and it is great. I hadn't been since 2008 and I'll happily go back again. The rooms are huge, super clean and the beds are great. The staff is really friendly and helpful without being over baring. I also really like the colors of the lobby, very clean and cool feeling. Location is great as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear livinginlondon1344,

We're so glad your third time was another charm! We are thrilled you continue to stay at Loews New Orleans when you're visiting. I will let our staff know of your compliments. We hope to see you a fourth time, soon!

Boston
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great place, great location, large airy guest rooms. Lovely bar run by Lu. bar and friendly staff. The newly refurbished floors are great. This is my go-to place in New Orleans. Also check out the W.I.N.O. Wine store a block away. You can buy great wine there. Also Pellegrino which is the one shortcoming of this hotel. They serve Perrier.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear PatandrobBoston,

Thank you for reviewing Loews New Orleans Hotel. We're so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We agree, Lu and her staff are great! Next time you visit us, consider our Gourmet Getaway Package- it includes $40 in giftcards to W.I.N.O!

We hope to see you soon in the Big Easy!
Greater Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The remodeled rooms with city views are gorgeous! But if you don't ask, you may not receive. And there is a MAJOR difference in the rooms. So please be sure to ask for a newer room and make sure you are on a high floor. We had a few issues in an older room, but management was quick with resolving them.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Sarah T,

Thank you for taking time to review Loews New Orleans Hotel. We're happy you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. By mid-September, all of the rooms will be newly renovated, so no need to ask! We hope you come back and see us in the Big Easy soon!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This property has it all: great location, friendly service, a beautiful lobby, top rate restaurants, beautiful views, a spa, conference rooms, and a salt water pool.

The Five Star Alliance lists the Loews as a five star property. My experience was closer to four-star.

While this hotel has all the great amenities I have listed above, our visit was ruined by the smell in our room. It appears that the hotel is a converted office building. As such, the windows do not open and there is no ventilation in the shower area. This means that all of the moisture created by the shower stays in the room with nowhere to go. As a result, our room had a consistently musty smell for the whole of our three night stay. The smell, to a lesser degree, permeated the entire room.
I noticed the same smell around the city, in a hall at Tulane University, at the airport, and even in my car after the air conditioner had not been run for a while. While the creation of the smell is an act of nature and the hotel is not responsible, they should have measures in place to create an environment where the smell cannot be created. This fact alone quite simply ruined our stay.

Also, although my party consisted of two teenagers, there was never any mention of the Loews Loves Kids program (the website had mentioned music download cards would be given). I would have been disappointed if I had ever expected them to come through on that promise, which I never did.

Everything else about the room and the property was fantastic. Our view was great and I doubt you'll ever find bigger guest rooms. I just really hope that through renovation or some change the Loews can get rid of the musty smells which are tying this property down.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views. Be sure your view includes the Mississippi. Largest guest rooms in t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Dante M,

Thank you for choosing Loews New Orleans Hotel during your recent trip to New Orleans. Customer feedback is important to us, so thank you for taking time to let us know our compliments and concerns. I will let our housekeeping and engineering departments know of your comments, with regard to your room. If your travels ever bring you back to New Orleans, we would love for you to give us another change, so we can exceed your expectations!