“Not really impressed”

Ranked #14 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not really impressed”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room smelled, the shower was far from "clean". The people were super nice. Valet took our house keys out of car witch was on totally separate key ring from car key, when we left and arrived home we had no house key to get in... Extremely Aggervating!!! The staff was really nice!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Kwooten98,

Thank you for taking time to review Loews New Orleans Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the key mix-up you experienced. I will be sure to let the appropriate Valet department heads know of your comments. We hope to see you again soon, so we can exceed your expectations!

Happy Travels,
Kristen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

this was my first time at the Loews for Tulane University move in. We had a huge room, service was amazing and we have already booked our next stay. We plan for the Loews to be our go to place for our sons 4 years in NOLA. after 4 days the staff greeted us by name, warm personal service!

Dear Allyson6,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We're glad our products and service made your experience excellent. We hope Tulane move-in was a breeze! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my fourth of fifth stay at the Loews New Orleans. I like the hotel very much because the rooms are big (for New Orleans) and very comfortable, the service is great and the location is easy access by car, yet only a 5 minute walk to Quarter and across the street from the casino. If you are in New Orleans to drink heavy on Bourbon and stumble back to your hotel, this might be two blocks too far. For me, this is my favorite New Orleans hotel if I need automobile access to the hotel during my stay. If I'm just hanging out in the Quarter, this is still a favorite but there are few others I like as well. While I haven't stayed at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans yet, the Loews is the most luxury I have found in New Orleans. I have no particular reason for holding back the fifth star on my rating -- I just do not use that very often.

Room Tip: it's really nice to see the boats go down the river so get a room on that side if you can. All...
Green Features: I have no idea. I think there are the usual signs about washing your towel or not.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Deat Lou-B1999,

A fourth stay! Repeated guests are such a compliment to us- one of our favorites. We're so glad you feel comfortable at Loews New Orleans Hotel. We hope you come back and see us soon; the boats on the Mississippi River are waiting for you!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First and foremost, the professionalism of the staff from GM to reservations to front desk staff is impeccable. I've been staying in this hotel as my NOLA hotel of choice for 10 years, however, this time I sent a friend as my guest for her stay as she prepared to leave her youngest child for college.

I knew she would be in great hands service wise, however, the hotel exceeded my expectations and just made them feel at home at such a milestone occassion. No special amemities etc, just beung Helpful as you leave a child in a new city is a blessing. THANK YOU LOEWS....I know where this family will stay when they come and visit NOLA

The front desk staff, Ms. Betty, Chedrick and the concierges.....and the executive assistant to GM...."priceless" service

Room Tip: all of fhe rooms are excellent; but my favorite is the corne King and or King Suites; Riverside view
Green Features: they allow you to manage linen and towel usage as well as it appears they may use eco friendly cleaning solutions

Dear K W,

We are so happy to hear how we are your hotel of choice in New Orleans. Thank you for recommending us to your friend for this extremely important trip. We're glad we were able to ease the process, as we know a child going off to college is a huge milestone. I will be sure to relay your kind words to Better, Shedrick, the concierge team and Nanette in the executive offices.

We cannot wait to see you again!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was our second visit to Loews New Orleans and we will definately be back. It's in a prime
location and walking distance to just about every french quarter attraction. Our kids loved the 8th floor indoor pool and spa. We also enjoyed the short walk to the Riverfront outlets. We can't wait to go back!

Dear April S,

Thank you for continuing to choose Loews New Orleans Hotel when you visit New Orleans. We're glad your children loved the pool and you were able to experience the fun of the French Quarter.
We can't wait to see you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was my 3rd time at this hotel and it is great. I hadn't been since 2008 and I'll happily go back again. The rooms are huge, super clean and the beds are great. The staff is really friendly and helpful without being over baring. I also really like the colors of the lobby, very clean and cool feeling. Location is great as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear livinginlondon1344,

We're so glad your third time was another charm! We are thrilled you continue to stay at Loews New Orleans when you're visiting. I will let our staff know of your compliments. We hope to see you a fourth time, soon!

Happy Travels,
Boston
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great place, great location, large airy guest rooms. Lovely bar run by Lu. bar and friendly staff. The newly refurbished floors are great. This is my go-to place in New Orleans. Also check out the W.I.N.O. Wine store a block away. You can buy great wine there. Also Pellegrino which is the one shortcoming of this hotel. They serve Perrier.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear PatandrobBoston,

Thank you for reviewing Loews New Orleans Hotel. We're so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We agree, Lu and her staff are great! Next time you visit us, consider our Gourmet Getaway Package- it includes $40 in giftcards to W.I.N.O!

We hope to see you soon in the Big Easy!