“Good Hotel Great Location”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #14 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
“Good Hotel Great Location”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Loews in New Orleans is hotel in a great location. It's near the French Quarter, the river, and many shops and restaurants. The room was very spacious, while the view was good not great. The room looked at towards the river although you can't really see but a small little section of the river.

The room was clean and comfortable, large enough to spread out a little. The king size bed was comfortable but the pillows could have been a little better. The service was good, from the hotel check in to the to all the people we came in contact with. The rooms were very quiet, you could hear doors closing sometimes, but never talking or any other room or hallway noise. Shower also had very good water pressure, something i always appreciate.

A couple of minor complaints, the free internet isn't worth the price. Surfing basic websites was slow and slightly frustrating, however they warn me at the front desk when I checked in to upgrade if I planned to use for business. I upgraded at 14.95 a day, the speed of the pay service was good, although i was unable to get my tablet on the service even through it said up to 8 devices could be connected.

They have bottled water in the room which i drank the first day, I was expecting it to be replaced the next day and was not, even after asking that it be replaced. Wasn't until the 4th day they replaced the bottles. They didn't not refill or replace the shampoo even through it was empty and I had asked for it to be replaced.

Minor issues in my opinion and we would stay here again.

I did get to get out during our stay, i would recommend getting the all day pass for the RTA, the trolley is right down the street and for $3 you can ride it all day. We used it to get all around and was a great bargain. Parts of the French Quarter are way to touristy but was still a good time.

Magazine Street was something we knew nothing about but was great, a lot of great restaurants and shops, well worth the trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear John379,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We're thrilled you had a wonderful time! I have passed on your comments regarding the internet accessibility to our IT department to be investigated. Also, I have let our housekeeping department know of your replacement issues. We hope to see you again soon, so we can exceed your expectations in these areas!

Kristen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great attitude, good service, great size rooms, well furnished and excelent shower/bathroom. Very comfortable. When I have tried other hotels of similar quality/price, I end cancelling after a couple of days and come back to Loews. Very pleased with the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Maurice D,

What a wonderful review! We're so happy that you consistently have great stays with us. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in New Orleans!
We cannot wait to see you again soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Everything was perfect during my 24 hr stay at Loews new Orleans. The staff was attentive, beds extremely comfortable, food options delicious. I will recommend to all my friends and family, and look forward to my return visit. Walking distance to the French Quarter, but away from the noise. Great location!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear mscSF,

Thank you for choosing Loews New Orleans Hotel. We're so glad you had a wonderful 24-hour vacation. I will be sure to relay your kind words to our staff. We hope to see you again soon, hopefully for more than 24 hours!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room smelled, the shower was far from "clean". The people were super nice. Valet took our house keys out of car witch was on totally separate key ring from car key, when we left and arrived home we had no house key to get in... Extremely Aggervating!!! The staff was really nice!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Kwooten98,

Thank you for taking time to review Loews New Orleans Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the key mix-up you experienced. I will be sure to let the appropriate Valet department heads know of your comments. We hope to see you again soon, so we can exceed your expectations!

Happy Travels,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

this was my first time at the Loews for Tulane University move in. We had a huge room, service was amazing and we have already booked our next stay. We plan for the Loews to be our go to place for our sons 4 years in NOLA. after 4 days the staff greeted us by name, warm personal service!

Dear Allyson6,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We're glad our products and service made your experience excellent. We hope Tulane move-in was a breeze! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my fourth of fifth stay at the Loews New Orleans. I like the hotel very much because the rooms are big (for New Orleans) and very comfortable, the service is great and the location is easy access by car, yet only a 5 minute walk to Quarter and across the street from the casino. If you are in New Orleans to drink heavy on Bourbon and stumble back to your hotel, this might be two blocks too far. For me, this is my favorite New Orleans hotel if I need automobile access to the hotel during my stay. If I'm just hanging out in the Quarter, this is still a favorite but there are few others I like as well. While I haven't stayed at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans yet, the Loews is the most luxury I have found in New Orleans. I have no particular reason for holding back the fifth star on my rating -- I just do not use that very often.

Room Tip: it's really nice to see the boats go down the river so get a room on that side if you can. All...
Green Features: I have no idea. I think there are the usual signs about washing your towel or not.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Deat Lou-B1999,

A fourth stay! Repeated guests are such a compliment to us- one of our favorites. We're so glad you feel comfortable at Loews New Orleans Hotel. We hope you come back and see us soon; the boats on the Mississippi River are waiting for you!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First and foremost, the professionalism of the staff from GM to reservations to front desk staff is impeccable. I've been staying in this hotel as my NOLA hotel of choice for 10 years, however, this time I sent a friend as my guest for her stay as she prepared to leave her youngest child for college.

I knew she would be in great hands service wise, however, the hotel exceeded my expectations and just made them feel at home at such a milestone occassion. No special amemities etc, just beung Helpful as you leave a child in a new city is a blessing. THANK YOU LOEWS....I know where this family will stay when they come and visit NOLA

The front desk staff, Ms. Betty, Chedrick and the concierges.....and the executive assistant to GM...."priceless" service

Room Tip: all of fhe rooms are excellent; but my favorite is the corne King and or King Suites; Riverside view
Green Features: they allow you to manage linen and towel usage as well as it appears they may use eco friendly cleaning solutions

Dear K W,

We are so happy to hear how we are your hotel of choice in New Orleans. Thank you for recommending us to your friend for this extremely important trip. We're glad we were able to ease the process, as we know a child going off to college is a huge milestone. I will be sure to relay your kind words to Better, Shedrick, the concierge team and Nanette in the executive offices.

We cannot wait to see you again!