Loews New Orleans Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
  • Pool
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$231
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$154
US$122
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$207
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$139
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,864 results
All reviewscafe adelaideswizzle stickfrench quarterharrah's casinomississippi riverconvention centerroom servicewarehouse districtbusiness tripwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelenjoyed my staywwii museumvalet parkingmardi grasfew blocksbourbon street
Reviewed 9 April 2010

My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at the Loews New Orleans for our spring break vacation. I debated long and hard before choosing the Loews and I'm so happy with my choice. The hotel is lovely- elegantly styled, with a swanky feel to it. We arrived at 10 am and although check-in is 4pm, our room was ready! As others have mentioned, a terrific jazz cd was playing as we entered the room, and it is complimentary. A great souvenir to take home. The room was large and well-appointed, complete with bathrobes and great toiletries. Large bathroom with a stall shower and a bathtub. Concierge was wonderful and very helpful. (Thank you Debbie and Daisy!) The restaurant, Cafe Adelaide is fantastic with a great staff, especially Brad. The coffee is amazing. The adjoining Swizzle Stick Bar has the best drinks (especially the Adelaide Swizzle which are 1/2 price at happy hour). There are two friendly doorman to greet guests and open and close the front doors of the hotel every time you enter and exit. The location is perfect. Close enough to walk anywhere in the quarter yet far enough from the craziness. Both my husband and son told me several times, "Boy, you sure picked the right place to stay".
One last note: The queen size beds are more like doubles. I raised this issue with management and the situation was handled beautifully and to my complete satisfaction.
Yes, this is the place to stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NJBrooklynborn
Reviewed 8 April 2010

A large group of us were apart of a wedding party during Dec. 2009. The service provided by the staff members was stellar. Especially those who provided special assistance with the wedding. The rooms were very warm & inviting. Our children gave the rooms 2 thumbs up. The downstairs lounge/bar was comfortable as well. Room service is one of a kind and you are well taken care of. However, for a hotel of this caliber the spa is one of the worst I have visited. The day of my visit I went in for a scheduled (1-2 weeks prior) hot stones massage to later find out that my appointment had been cancelled as well as hot stones were not available because the masseuse did not turn on the warmer. If they can get the spa aligned with some of the "greats" they may merit a another spa visit.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We stayed at the Loews on Poydras for 2 nights to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. Overall, we were very pleased with Loews and would stay again when returning to New Orleans. The location (just blocks from Bourbon) is excellent.

When we checked-in, I mentioned our anniversary. We were pleasantly suprised by the champagne and fruit the staff sent up as a "welcome & congratulations" gift. It was much appreciated and really got our stay off to a great start.

The room (we had a King on the 16th floor) was huge and overlooked the Mississippi River & Harrahs Casino. The only slight negative didn't have so much to do with the hotel as our next door neighbors; there was a group of 4-5 staying next door who were talking quite loudly after a night out... Not completely unexpected in NOLA, but something to be aware of as the hotel does offer rooms that have doors to adjoin the rooms. We were just about to say something to them as they decided to leave. No biggie but just a minor irritation.

The hotel staff was just fantastic. I needed my shoes shined, so I asked for the nearest shoe shine. Instead, the bellman took my shoes to the back, shined them, and returned them to me while I had a cocktail in the Swizzle Stick lounge in the lobby. In addition, we asked the concierge on two separate occassions for recommendations/feedback which she provided (perfectly) and with a smile. Finally, the hotel manager called us on both of our days there to make sure everything was ok and to see if they could do anything to make our stay better. I was always addresed as "Mr. <lastname>"... Sometimes I felt like I should have been paying much more for the room.

We had breakfast the first morning at the buffet in the Cafe Adelaide restaurant. Though very convenient, we were more pleased with the food quality and service than the price of the buffet.

The hotel bar (Swizzle Stick) is great - the signature drink is excellent and very addicting. I had more than one of them and would recommend.

I can't say enough about the staff - they were so helpful. Overall GREAT experience - my wife loved the hotel (and the rest of our weekend); it was the perfect way to celebrate our first year of marriage. Thank you Loews for a great weekend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Small room for the price was expecting a nicer room. Could have stayed at Marriott or Hilton and had a bigger room at a better price. Room not ready at check-in. Said 30 min to get it cleaned. Came back 2 hrs later and got the same story. Voiced my displeasure at the canned response and was in a room in 15 min. NON the expierience I expected for the reputation of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KMFA
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I took my young children and babysitter to New Orleans for Spring Break. I was a little skeptical about taking my kids to this hotel from some of the reviews I read beforehand. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the kid friendliness of this hotel. The indoor pool was very nice and warm. The kids loved going swimming after a long day going to the aquarium and walking the streets. Julio, one of the door men that worked downstairs was awesome. He was great about helping us to the our room and answering any questions we had when we arrived. You could tell that he loved people and tried to make sure all the kids were smiling. Lu, the head bartender was exceptional. She made the best limontini and cosmopolitan ever. Any request I had while staying there ie...needing extra towels, noise maker, blankets. It literally took no longer than 5 to 10 minutes for delivery of anything. If there was any drawback at all, the food was pricey and the coffee downstairs was terrible. I guess nothing is perfect. I would definitely return. Matter of fact, they have won me over when I am staying in NOLA. Thanks Loews....Cami

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family