“Informative and interesting tour of the Garden District”
Review of Nola Tour Guy

Nola Tour Guy
Ranked #59 of 233 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At NOLA TOUR GUY all our tours are free. How can we do this? We are so sure you will enjoy our historic walking tours that you will gladly and generously tip our guides. It’s the best guarantee in the business. Nola Tour Guy offers no novelty "ghost" or "vampire" tours, only the real history brought to life by our passionate guides. Join us, you won’t be disappointed.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We really enjoyed our tour of the Garden District and Lafeyette Cemetary. David was very knowledgeable and interesting. We had a small group of 6 which was really nice for being able to hear and stay as a group. Some of the tour groups we saw were much bigger. The tour lasted 2 hours. Be sure to bring a water bottle and hat or umbrella as it was extremely hot! David should definitely put a little more effort into his appearance as he does look like a homeless person (dirty, messy). Once you get past his appearance you will enjoy the tour.

2  Thank pandyToronto
nolatourguy, Owner at Nola Tour Guy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am glad you enjoyed my tour but you if you haven't guessed it I am not one someone who takes much stock in my appearance and it really makes me wonder why you care so much? Lets put it this way if you are looking to go on a walking tour with a perfectly manicured. polished. unimaginative, preppy guy working his way through college don't come on my tour. But if you want to go on a tour with a passionate, interesting, history buff who maybe has some pizza stains on his shirt come on my tour.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Contacted Nola Tour Guy in regards to booking a tour in July when I had a group of friends visiting. Never heard anything back, even though I sent it to the email address listed directly on the website. When a month had passed, I sent a follow up email explaining that I had inquired about a tour and hadn't heard anything back. Instead of receiving an apology or offering me dates and times for the tour that I had required info about, NTG simply wrote back that he saw my original email, but didn't respond because he didn't know if he would be in town during that weekend. Unfortunately, due to the lack of professional communication and how off-putting his tone seemed in the response email, I went with a different tour company. I was very disappointed that instead of sending me a polite repsonse and letting me know that he might not be out of town and that I should email him closer to the dates I would be visiting, he chose to ignore me and then tell me that when I inquired for a second time.

I hope that this was a one time fluke and that NTG runs a much more organized and professional tour company than what I saw firsthand. As a local New Orleanian, I am truly just saddened by the lack of hospitality I received.

1  Thank Alimo84

I am truly sorry for the mix up and I am sorry I came off as unfriendly on email. People email me months in advance then forget. I was just trying to avoid this by suggesting that you book the tour closer to the day.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

David really is the "Tour Guy of New Orleans". He shared his wonderful knowledge of architecture, history and lore of the French Quarter. The tour was at a casual pace so we could all stick together and hear all he had to say. We ended up in the St. Louis Cemetery. He has two other tours and we can't wait to get back and take them. He calls it a "free" tour and of our 20 or so tourists - no one left without tipping/paying. He got applause, shouts of "thank you" and lots of tips. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I'm originally from New Orleans...I will never look at the streets of the French Quarter in the same way.

1  Thank The_Intention
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nola Tour Guy is a single guy who ventured out on his own to do 'free' tours. You pay what you think the tour is worth. It was very good and he really knows the city and the French Quarter in particular. I would recommend NOLA Tour Guy to anyone.