Andrew Jackson Hotel
US$356
US$337
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$231
  • Breakfast included
US$447
US$382
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$289
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$333
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$221
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$301
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$310
US$382
US$348
  • Pool
All reviewswarm croissantssilver trayfrench quarterbourbon streetstay there againroyal streetghost tourevery morningcontinental breakfastperfect locationhistoric hotelsmall hotelno elevatorjackson squareold world charmloved this hotelbalcony room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The front desk staff were so so. Some were friendly and some just appeared to hate being there. The hotel is old but this is the French quarter. The first room we were in had no heat it was also very small. We were moved to a room right on the street and the lobby. THis room was much larger but the noise level was extremely high and not just because it was Madri Gras. Over all I would stay here again but just not in room 101.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael w
Vickie P, General Manager at Andrew Jackson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, in our on-going efforts to deliver the best possible guest service experience. We are happy to report that we are in the process of switching out old ac/heating units with ones so that when you return to the Andrew Jackson in the future that will not be an issue.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel is charming, clean, and conveinent to everything. However, I paid almost 300.00 for 1 night and literally "froze" the whole night!! We did not have a thermostat in our room; it was located next door. The 2 young, drunk gentlemen (and I use that title loosely) turned the air conditioning way down and it was already 43 degrees outside. The air vent in our room is located at the very top of the wall and blew directly towards the beds. The management did nothing about the air problem, but did bring a small heater to our room which wasn't much use as the ceilings are so high and the room was quite large. It was so cold in there I could blow smoke out of my mouth. Therefore, should you decide to stay there, please shy away from room 107 which is a shame because it's a very large, nice room with a huge bathroom...only luke warm water thou. I will not stay there again. I came home with a horrible cold!!! Oh, and it was my 55th birthday gift!

Room Tip: stay away from room 107 or any of the other rooms without a climate control!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described is not what we would for our guests, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.” Thank you for contacting me and allowing me to the chance to turn this experience a round for you.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for four nights, and it was fantastic! Location is super! The desk staff are the greatest. Very nice, fun, knowledgeable about the area. We got a room upgrade so we could have rooms close together. The young gentleman who brought breakfast in the morning was so sweet, and gave excellent service. The young lady who cleaned the room did a super job. Honestly could not have been more pleased. Want to give an extra kudos to Murphy who only worked one night, but gave great suggestions of places to eat, and was just great at his job. I would highly recommend this motel. The price was also great! Thanks for adding to a great trip, will stay here when I come to New Orleans again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Belly2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at the Andrew Jackson Hotel. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New Orleans, hopefully in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Unsure of what to expect due to the mixed reviews I was pleasantly surprised. I was put in a room at the top of the stairs to start with but the toilet wasn't working and the shower was dripping - I was moved immediately to a room on the balcony above the courtyard which was lovely. It was clean and comfortable. It would have been nice to have a chair as I did have some work to do and there was nowhere to sit other than on the bed even though there was a desk. Breakfast was delivered each morning at the exact time requested, croissant, coffee and juice. The staff were extremely helpful, especially Katherine, and they ensured my stay was the best it could be. I travelled on my own and had no issues with walking back to the hotel in the evening. The location is absolutely perfect, close to all of the attractions. There are tales of hauntings but I didn't experience anything other than seeing the ghost tours stop outside on a regular basis! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the first floor rooms on the balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank L_Fenton

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Andrew Jackson Hotel, and for taking the time to post your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stay at the Andrew Jackson. Seriously.

The location is fabulous -- you're within a short walk of Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, Cafe du Monde, Central Grocery, Bourbon Street, Armstrong Park, and the Dumaine Station for the Riverfront street car.

Now let's talk about the hotel. It's haunted. How do I know? Well, every night I was there -- about 9 or 10 PM the strangest thing would happen! A haunted ghost tour would stop in front of the hotel and the guide would tell the participants all about it. ;-)

The room and property are quite nice. A nice young man named Toby was there when I checked in (late night) and he put me in a room that was just perfect for my needs.

The room I was in (106) is small and there are few frills. But you're not there to lay in your room. The bedding was very comfortable and clean, the temperature was perfect, no smoke smell, nice and quiet. The bathroom was super small and yeah, there may have been a crack or two on the tile and maybe the faucets weren't the latest and greatest but this didn't detract at all from my stay. What else ... oh, the TV was a nice new flat screen, the maid service was great, the heat/AC worked well, and the place smelled good. The best part is that the hotel provides a free, in-room breakfast of coffee and croissants. You can enjoy them in your bed or you can step outside and dine in the courtyard. This is a great way to ease into the day.

The hotel is in a fairly safe neighborhood and as mentioned earlier there are lots of other tours and mule drawn carriages coming and going.

I've been to New Orleans 4x and stayed in The French Quarter each time and I must say this was probably my favorite place so far. If you like to be immersed in the place you are visiting, The Andrew Jackson is the way to go.

Room Tip: The rooms along the courtyard on the first floor are nice because you can just wander outside anytime without being actually on the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Knizzle

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon.