“Great service, great location”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tuscaloosa, Al
“Great service, great location”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It keeps on meeting and exceeding my expectations. Wonderful staff, great rooms, wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
amcconduit, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your time at Harrah's. "Great service, great location!" Short & sweet!!!

We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for staying with Harrah's New Orleans....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,230)
Wimauma, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed at Harrahs, New Orleans and was very happy with such a clean, quiet hotel. The staff were all very helpful and went out of their way to help you. The Besh restaurant was very good with great service at Harrahs casino, A great surprise for our first time in New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Parking was easy, and the elevator let out close to the check in desk. The hotel lobby is beautiful and elegant. We checked in with no line with an extremely friendly staff member. When we asked about locations in New Orleans, she gave us a map, and pinpointed a few hot spots for us. She even told us about specific things to order at the restaurants she suggested. I mentioned it was my wedding anniversary, and she upgraded us to an amazing suite! The room was really nice with a dining and living room area separated from the bedroom. The bathroom was spacious! I especially liked the 2 sinks and vanity. We loved this hotel. The staff was always available to help and greeted us when we left and returned with a smile. This hotel is located within walking distance of Bourbon street, the french quarter, or wherever you want to go. There is a street car stop right outside the hotel, and cabs everywhere if you don't want to walk. We didn't gamble too much, but it was nice to have it so close for somethingt to do. Also, playing just 30 minutes gave us 4 days of free parking. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kron5
HarrahsNOLA, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Thanks for taking the time out to tell us about your wonderful time here in New Orleans. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding!! New Orleans is a great place to celebrate special occasions. It sounds like our staff was very helpful, something we consider to be very important. There is alot to do in this city and without help it may be a bit difficult to decide. We hope to see you soon, maybe for your anniversary?!?!

Either way thanks for spending your time with us at Harrrah's New Orleans!
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was offered comp rooms at Harrah's and took advantage of them. The hotel is nicely appointed. It's new and is close to the downtown activities. The beds were especially comfy. The bathroom was spacious and had a separate bath tub and shower as well as water closet. The staff were especially friendly and even remembered me although I didn't make many trips through the lobby. Parking is fine if you don't mind playing 30 minutes at the casino. I had two small, and minor issues. The beds had a metal frame that stuck out just where I would put my legs out when getting out of bed. I bumped my chins a couple of times. The other was that there was quite a bit of dust on the phones. Obviously, the phones aren't used that much, but it was just an observation. I got room service breakfast one morning. It was excellent with a great view of the river. The fact that wireless internet is quite expensive was not acceptable though; given the dependence many of us have on the internet. I will return again; a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for it.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank kosomodc
NY
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed for a convention. Location is outstanding as it is only steps away from the convention center. The riverwalk is also right across the street with all the shopping and sites right there. About a five minute walk to Bourbon Street. A word of advice, use the hotel lobby entrance and not the casino entrance after a long night on the French Quarter. Some negatives are the overall price and amenities like no pool or free Internet, but then again you're at a casino so they don't really want you anywhere but in the casino. Also, way too much authentic local food establishments so I never ate at the buffet. Recommend Mothers only a block away and Cafe Du Monde, a short walk up the Riverwalk on Decatur.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank JayL76
HarrahsNOLA, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts. We're glad that our location helped you enjoy your time in NOLA even more! The New Orleans downtown area is set up in such a way that everything you'd like is at your fingertips. We're happy to hear you visited the world famous Mothers & equally as famous Cafe Du Monde. Even with all that you did there is still more to see in New Orleans. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you again for taking the time to leave us a comment!
Maysville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I traveled alone on this trip and it was an actual vacation, not a conference where one or the other of us was tagging along! We stayed at Harrah's and we couldn't have been happier. Our room was comped at Harrah's but they treated us like we were paying top dollar. The room was clean and spacious,the bedding was wonderful and there was a great soaking tub in the bathroom. The hotel staff was accommodating, I asked for extra coffee packets in the room and it was taken care of each day after that.
This was our 4th visit to New Orleans and we had never really taken advantage of the trolley before but our hotel was near the trolley line so we learned the routes and it really came in handy. We also walked quite a bit, it is just a few blocks from Bourbon Street. We also walked the river walk to my husband's favorite morning destination, the Cafe Du Monde! Speaking of breakfast, one morning I just wanted to have the little diner experience so we asked the concierge. She told us about the cafe across the street but I had already checked out there menu and it wasn't what I was looking for. Then she told us about Mother's and it was exactly what I was looking for! A breakfast special for less than $6, grits, eggs, biscuits, sausage and coffee, no substitutions, and you stand in line to place your order. My husband got the stack of 3 pancakes and they were so big he couldn't finish them. It is worth the visit just for the experience.
We flew for two of our visits and we drove for two of our visits. I was really nervous about driving in this time because parking was such an issue when we came June 2010 with our family. Because we stayed at Harrah's this time we learned very quickly that parking wasn't an issue. As long as you play 30 minutes a day at the casino and swipe your Total Rewards card to validate it, there will be no charge to park and there are plenty of spaces. This was a real bonus.
We ate at Besh Steak one evening and it was enjoyable. Our salads were wonderful!
If there was a negative at all it would be that there is no pool and no free wireless. They do have a partner hotel right across the street that has a pool and Harrah's guests can use. I believe it is free for Total Reward card holders but be sure to confirm. As far as wireless, I am all about a hotspot in a hotel, it can be in the seating area of the lobby, I am not picky. I just want somewhere that I can connect my phone a couple of times a day to check email. That would be a great addition for Harrah's but not a deal breaker.
There was nothing about this trip we didn't enjoy. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tscurtis
Louisiana
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Never again am I going to stay at this hotel. We didn't even get the room I reserved and paid for. We had to get a handicapped accessible room which had just a huge walk in shower. No tub. The description of the room I reserved when booking stated that all luxury rooms have a clock radio w/iPod dock. We didn't. And no one informed us of the $50/night service fee charge in case there was any damage to the room. The clerk took my husbands credit card and swiped it and didn't tell us anything and u don't get it back until u check out. On top of all of this, there is bottled water in the room, but it's $6/bottle which is charged to u if u open it. Totally insane, and I promise I will never go back. Horrible customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple