“Worst trip EVER!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Ramon, California
“Worst trip EVER!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I wish I could give a minus 5. I have frequented Harrah’s for many years in Vegas, and this would have been my first experience with Harrah’s in New Orleans for a work conference. To say that my experience at Harrah’s is the worst I have ever encountered at any hotel would be an understatement. I checked into Harrah’s at approximately 10:30am on 3/4/2013 before I attended a conference at the Ernest Morial convention center. I was told my room was not ready, so I checked my bag and left to attend my conference. Later in the evening when I returned to Harrah’s I was told they overcommitted the rooms and I did not have a room. I was told there were 14 other people that had booked incorrect dates that they accommodated, but unfortunately they did not have a room for me, even though I booked the CORRECT date and checked-in. They told me they wouldn’t charge me for the night I couldn’t stay in the hotel, but I needed to go to a hotel in the next town over. I would need to come back in the morning to try to check-in again! Then they put me in a cab and sent me on my way. Since I am here on business, I can’t leave, but I will not be frequenting New Orleans, Harrah’s or Caesar’s Entertainment establishment again!

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank EBTraveler_4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,171)
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed Three Nights at the Hotel for a Buddies 50th Birthday and had a ball. The Service was Outstanding ! You could see and tell that the Employees Enjoyed their jobs, and it was crazy busy. Staying over the weekend the place was mobbed with Hundreds of Cruise Ship Passengers. The Beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. The only down side we had, was the water pressure in the shower was low and at times took a LONG time to get hot water to shower. Also it seemed most rooms were doubles, one couple in the group wasnt able to get a King bed. Location was perfect, only a short walk to the Trolley on Canal. Great Trip and wonderful memories for a 50th BDay !!! Would stay here again in a Heart Beat

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hope777las
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Harrahs Hotel in New Orleans is a little older than the one in Cherokee but the room was clean. They need to update to flat screen TV's. The buffet food was good but overpriced. Choose McAlisters or Fuddruckers instead inside the casino. We tried Besh steakhouse and the food was subpar. Really not wirth the money and the service was less than great. It seemed to take a really long time to get food. Husband had to send back his steak twice. It could have been this particular day tho so don't let this stop you from giving it a try. We did not try Ruths Chris.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Powhatan, VA
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Harrah's New Orleans. From the moment we arrived until the time we left, there was always plenty of friendly staff to greet and assist us. Our room was spacious and clean. The bath was AMAZING!!! Location was perfect for walking to anywhere we wanted to go in the Arts District, CBD, or the Quarter. Lots of places to eat, things to do and things to see right outside the hotel door!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Stayed 3 nights in Jan 2013 while attending a convention. Rooms are very nice - plenty of space, the bathtub was very comfortable, clean. Meeting rooms were comfortable and well kept. The gym was too small for a hotel this size. Minutes walking distance from all the action and many restaurants. All in all great experience from start to finish.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Houston
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Second time at this great place and want to say once again how nice it is. However, I'd like to point out that the police close the streets around this area for the "Parades" this time of year. We could not get to the garage on Convention St and had to park at the Hilton garage two blocks over. When we called the desk to ask how to get to the hotel to drop off our bags (and an 85 year old) they said we were just out of luck and should wait four hours until the "floats" had been removed from around the hotel. This area is the terminus for some of the parades I guess.
We just parked and walked with our bags and mom.

Just a heads up if you go around Mardi Gras time.

Room Tip: This time our room faced toward the super dome and was very quiet.