My husband and I stayed here with three teenage girls this past weekend for my daughter's 15th birthday. We usually stay in a boutique hotel in the French Quarter, but couldn't find any that would accommodate 5 people in one room so we chose Harrah's.
First, I must say it is a lovely hotel. Very nice and clean, very well run, no complaints whatsoever. Our room was spacious and very quiet. We had a lovely view of the river and the girls enjoyed sitting on the window ledge and seeing the sights.
We spent most of our time near the Jackson Square area and it was a bit of a hike. There was no running back to the room to drop off shopping bags or grabbing a quick snack. While this did not ruin our trip it did make for a tiring weekend.
If I were planning an adult only trip that included a visit to Bourbon Street or any libations at all, I would never consider staying in this hotel. It is not convenient. Besides, I can stay in a beautiful, sterile chain-type hotel in any city. When I go to New Orleans I prefer the older, smaller hotels with their quirks and flaws. They're not perfect, but I love their charm, amazing locations and awesome courtyards.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Harrah's New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs New Orleans Hotel
- Harrahs New Orleans Casino New Orleans