“nice hotel all around”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at Harrah's New Orleans on a recent visit. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Large, well-appointed bathroom with separate shower. Good service from the staff all around. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,520)

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Where to begin! From our first arrival to our departure the service and friendliness was unbelievable. We have been coming to New Orleans since before they had gaming. We LOVE NO.
At Harrah's our experience was so enhanced by the Great customer service and the friendly people that work at the hotel.
I just feel compelled to recognize these folks. Upon our arrival, Chelsey Davis at the front desk was wonderful and so easy to work with, assisting with whatever needs and concerns we had.
The Buffet director Walter was also amazing, being friendly and caring and took such an interest in our personnel needs and that we were totally satisfied.
When we were checking out, Mell Eenes and Kionna Kinard were right there to make sure we very happy with our stay and getting our transportation handled in a prompt and courteous manner, just floored me with their outstanding service.
Brad Weissman spent time with us out of his busy schedule to thank us for coming to Harrah's and would be looking forward for our return.
Brenda Stamper the VIP Host was so gracious and helpful with our overall checkout , just a total experience at Harrah's that I would recommend to anyone that might be thinking about wanting a wonderful vacation experience.

Respectfully submitted,
Richard G. Deary Jr.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richard D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Have been here several times, always a pleasant experience. Hotel is close to everything and everyone is very helpful. Besh steakhouse is very good and the prices are reasonable. Shopping and attractions are mostly within walking distance or an easy trollly ride. The Ghost tour is a must.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank floridagal57
Reviewed 22 September 2013

First let me admit that I was in this room as a comp. from their casino. I have only been to New Orleans twice, and last time I had stayed in La Quinta down the street. It was a nice room. It beat out the La Quinta I stayed at last time in most aspects. My La Quinta stay included the shooting of the American Heist film right in front of the hotel, while this trip included a lot of PAs and movie people throughout the hotel as the shooting for the "Focus" film was taking place. I think Harrah's handled it a lot better -that I ran into a few actors as I was leaving. Very close to the casino, and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were in an upgraded Suite for four nights and enjoyed the room! The décor was beautiful and the bathroom (s) were to die for! We had a corner suite so we had a good view of the West and also the Mississippi River from the 19th floor. This is just a HOTEL - no food, no frilly lobby - just a Hotel. Across the street at the Casino is all the other stuff.....food, and fun. Also, Fulton street is behind this hotel and there are lots of great places to eat there. The French Quarter was a quick 10 minute walk away or you could always access the Riverwalk Trolley Car for a $3.00 pass to go all over the city for 24 hours - an excellent way to see NOLA, the Garden District and the Riverwalk. The aquarium is close by and there is so much to see and do within walking distance, I couldn't begin to list! The door staff was very accommodating and was always there to help with luggage and doors. The only thing I could fault them on is that our first night there they did not have maid service for the room the next day - I don't know why. I slept in the other bed (there were 2 Q beds in my suite) the second night because I HATE to sleep in an unmade bed - won't do it at home - certainly NOT doing it in a hotel either! I think they just overlooked it - but they did come by to offer "turn down service" and nightly chocolate! I loved the central location of this establishment.

1  Thank dasco474
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was surprised when I stayed at this hotel. I had a suite that cost over $500 per night and couldn't believe how little there was for this. There is no amenities anywhere. The lobby has only a registration desk. You can't get coffee anywhere close before 7am. There are no newspapers available - even to purchase. You get a warm bottle of water in the room - for $6. We had a beautiful view of the river, but the inside of the windows had handprints. The carpet in the main room was really stained. We got turndown service, sometimes. There was a train that went by at 3am.

Just didn't measure up. There are plenty of other places to stay.

However, the people who work there from the valet to the desk were very friendly.

Room Tip: Get a view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Erin D
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Loved how clean and comfortable this hotel was. My room didn't have a flat screen, updated TV but was one of the best places I've stayed while in NOLA. Not in the French Quarter but the Casino, so close, adds a different fun to the trip! Not far from the French Quarter.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view