“My Favorite Harrah's Property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Butler, Pennsylvania
“My Favorite Harrah's Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. From the minute I walked in the door, I was treated like an honored guest. I arrived at 8:30 am, hours before check-in time, but I was given a room immediately. My room was spotless, and I love having a refrigerator for cold drinks and leftovers from the awesome NOLA restaurants. Harrah's location is perfect. Right off of Canal Street and a short walk to the French Quarter. Since I was traveling solo, I went to the Quarter during the daylight hours and spent the evenings at the casino. Since there is an underground walkway from the casino to the hotel, there were no safety concerns at all.
Speaking of the casino, Harrah's New Orleans is my absolute favorite! I love being able to order drinks right from the slot machines, and the service was very fast and friendly. The air cleaners work well, and it wasn't as smoky as Vegas casinos. I also won over thousand dollars, and I wasn't the only one winning at slot machines. In my opinion, this is the very best Harrah's Hotel and Casino in the country. In fact, the only issue keeping this from being a 5 star review is the lack of free Wifi. Other than that, it's perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ConnieF22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,093)
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were staying on private condo near the Casino and by chance learned that 30 minutes on the machines awards you 24 hrs parking in the garage. This is an excellent value....sometimes LOL. Regardless, the drinks are free and a little gambling was worth the $25-35 per day lot rates.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sunless_n_seattle
Dexter, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We just stayed at Harrahs in New Orleans and first let me say, the people who work there were all really, nice, helpful and knowledgeable. From Mr Gola, the bell cap who helped us to the room and got us extra towels and coffee packets, to Steve the valet who showed us the easiest way to get through the casino to the hotel and to George who told us where we could find a snack late at night, everyone we encountered was friendly and very helpful. Now to the room. It was on the 15th floor with a City view but as we walked in we could tell it used to be a smoking room, as there was a faint order of stale smoke. Also the carpet in the room was really dirty and stained. The bathroom was okay as far as cleanliness goes and the room had an older TV in it, but we were not there to stay in the room. The location is great. There is a trolley stop a couple of blocks away that you can use to go anywhere in the French Quarter and we walked or used the trolley wherever we wanted to go. Don't waste your time in the casino as payouts on the machines are few and far between. Just play 30 minutes with your players card to get 24 hours of free parking in the self park garage. The room and a casino were the only drawbacks that we had, but the staff made up for that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mconsiglio
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Our five day stay was incredible. The hotel Staff were the best of any hotel I've ever stayed in. They were friendly, helpful, personable, they just couldn't do enough. Room was spotless and housekeeping were hard working.

Hotel was located very close to the IMAX Theater, Aquarium, Trolley Lines, and within walking distance to the French Quarter.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie F
Vicksburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was such a great property. I just got back from a conference and had the best time here. The staff was attentive and happy and the location was excellent. The rooms were clean and well appointed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rooms are above average for a casino hotel. Great bathrooms. Big tubs. Separate shower stall. Extremely clean. TV's need an upgrade; that is my only complaint about the room.

But it was the service got the 5 star rating from me. First, when we got a page that the room was ready, and arrived to our room, the inspectress was still in the room. You would think that would be a bad thing, but she was extremely polite when we walked in, and I could tell she was worried that she hadn't adequately inspected the room prior to our arrival. In fact, she made it a point to ask us if there was a better time for her to come back and finish her inspection. To me, that says a lot about how she does her job. I wish I got her name, but she was inspecting rooms on the 11th floor on 10/13 around 4 PM She deserves an "at-a-boy" for turning a mistake (i.e. checking us in to a room that hadn't been inspected yet) into a positive first impression.

Also, Robert at the concierge desk. Wow. This guy is good. Super friendly. Goes above and beyond to help without making it seem like an effort. Seriously, I;m not going to get into the details, but I was impressed. He was wearing some sort service ribbon, and I see why he got it. I hope you guys know what you have with him.

Good job to all, I will definitely recommend this hotel to my associates on their next business trip and/or meeting to the Big Easy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank R0ssi_Family
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My favorite Harrahs named hotel is Lake Tahoe. New Orleans comes in a close second. The room might or might not have a view, ask for the river view. Many amenities; coffee, refrigerator, steps from great restaurants, short walk to trolley, and French Quarter. The room has the best linens of any hotel I have ever stayed. Small in size but very comfortable. WiFi is available, whether it is free depends on what level you are in Total Rewards. Valet is expensive, if you gamble or are a diamond player at the casino, park at the casino it is free, and very short walk across or under the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.