“Room was nice, front desk service a little lacking...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Henderson, Nevada
“Room was nice, front desk service a little lacking...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was my first time staying here and I was happy to try it out. I arrived around 2pm….the lobby is tiny with a million people swirling around, terribly busy. The lady checking me in says that I don't have a reservation….but I have the email confirmation on my phone. She looks at it, looks back at her computer and just says "I don't know, it's not in here, you'll have to talk to the concierge. So I wait by the concierge desk for several minutes, she's busy dealing with an irate guy, so I wander over to the 7 Stars checkin desk, which has no line and what looks to be a manager or supervisor standing at it. She actually takes the extra 4 seconds, that it would've taken the first girl, to open my folio and find out that my first night of the trip is at the Hilton and the remaining 2 are at Harrah's Hotel. I don't remember being told this, but I might have and just forgot. All three nights were comped, so I guess I can't really complain about it! I wasn't about to drag my big old suitcase down the block to the Hilton, though, so I just grabbed essentials and checked it with the bellmen…who was very nice and friendly. Upon arriving back the next day, I was able to check in a little early and all was fine. The rooms were nice, bed was comfy, nice black out curtains, bathroom was roomy, and a handy little mini fridge. I slept like a rock, with my Do Not Disturb light illuminated outside my door….well, that is until they called early in the afternoon to make sure I didn't want service. Hello? Do not disturb…….Anyway, no biggie. Room service is 24/7, which is a really nice perk….I can't think of any other hotel in NOLA that I've stayed at that is open after 2am. My food came up in a jiffy and it was very good, soup was still hot and sandwich was tasty. On check out day, housekeeping was right on it…knocking at 11:02….I was still asleep, since I thought it was noon, but no worries, I needed to get up anyway. All in all, This was a nice hotel and I would stay here again, it's so centrally located and if you gamble at least 30 mins a day, they comp the parking in their structure too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Angela M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,093)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful, especially the lobby, and the location is great. The problem is the customer service is terrible. By far the worst I have ever received. The manager, Manieshia Hampton was terribly rude and unreliable, as was the desk clerk, Alex. Right after I checked out, I realized that I had left my iPhone charger in the room and asked if I could return to get it or have someone from the hotel look for it. I even wrote out exactly where it was. They told me that since I had checked out, I could not go back in the room, but that no one had time to go look for it either. I left them my phone number and asked them to call me once they had a chance to check for it. I never heard from anyone, so returned twice in the next two days to ask if they had had a chance to check for it, but they never did. A lost cell phone charger is not a big deal, but I was shocked that they were so unwilling to help with such a small request. Due to that experience I will never return to the Harrah's.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Christina P
lgdtexoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

What can I say? It's Harrah's and it's New Orleans. They do it up right! I've stayed at many Harrah's properties and I can say this is one of the prettiest, cleanest ever! The king room 1605 was facing the river. Had a grand view of the barges and mighty Mississippi. We stayed one night and played in the casino. Won a jackpot to boot. The hotel staff are great. Plenty of people standing around offering help. It was a great place to stay. Trolley is right around the corner. The parking garage is next door, just a short walk. The valet is $38 per day. We parked our own car and when we left, we gave them our players card, ID and parking ticket. It was free if you play at least 30 minutes. The bathroom was stocked with about 8 towels and washrags. PLENTY! We had plenty of soap, shampoo, etc.. I did catch housekeeping in the hall and ask for more coffee. Not sure why all hotels leave two coffees and two decaf, but this was the same. Great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lgdtexoma
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Harrah's is a beautiful, upscale hotel to stay, especially if you are leaving or arriving from a cruise. It is very close. If you are able to stay on one of the top floors, you will have a beautiful view. Our room faced the Mississippi River and we could watch ships coming and going.
The rooms are very comfortable; the bedding is devine for a good nights sleep.Surprisingly, you do need to pay for wi-fi if you want to use it. There is a tunnel to use to get to the casino across the street. That is a very nice security feature and also protects you from the weather if it is unkind.
The Riverwalk and Mall are nearby; however the French Market is a good walk.

Room Tip: An upper floor offers a beautiful view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol C
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Harrah's New Orleans was beautiful inside and out. Conviently located downtown on Poydras. The staff is amazing. It was my birthday weekend and they gave me a room on the top floor with a view of the River and all the stores, restaurants, bars, clubs are all within walking distance. Be sure to take the Horse and Carriage Tour. I've visit New Orlens before and didn't see all that was pointed out in detail on this visit while on the Carriage Tour. Also, My fiance and I took the Steamboat Natchez lunch buffett and cruise with live jazz. Very nice and informative. Be sure to visit the Steam room while on the cruise. It's two hours around the River. Oh and the last time we were in New Orleans. We missed Bourbon St. Really cool. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank charlene b
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Harrah's in New Orleans is unquestionably one of the nicer hotels in the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful, grounds are immaculate, and it is in a convenient location to other attractions. The rooms were spacious and very clean. They are soundproofed nicely and the housekeeping staff was undetected. The casino is larger than you probably think and there is a cool bar called Masquerade that is a must-see. The buffet was nothing too special and the selection was limited. The seafood place (Acme) in the casino is quite delicious. If you are in the mood for true authentic food, take the 2 block walk to Mother's which usually has a line out the door.

Overall, a great stay and value and I wouldn't hesistate to come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dwills0777
Niles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had stayed at Harrah's for 3 days before our cruise. I had a coupon for 2 nights plus free food and slot play. They had comped me for the last night to my surprise. The room that we had was a 2 queen bed set up. They had placed us on a higher floor with a view of the river . I could see the cruise ship come in early on the day we departed.

The room was very big compared to other rooms we stayed at in NOLA. The house keeping staff had the room spotless. The bell captan had recommended a seafood restaurant around the corner called Dragos...Probably one of my favorite seafood places in NOLA. Great place to have Charbroiled Oysters...Need to go with the Dozen...plus Maine Lobster was out of the would!

Transportation was just a short block to catch the rail car $3.00 for a 24 hour pass.. Bourbon street was a 4 minute ride on the rail car or 10 minute walk.

A BIG THANK-YOU TO ALL THE STAFF AT HARRAH'S