“Nice Hotel and Great Location”

Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 May 2014

People are friendly, beds are very comfortable. Short walk to the Casino but good restaurants are attached. Besh Steakhouse and Mannings are both a lot of fun. Gordon Biersch had great local cuisine as well, recommend the Jambalaya.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sschlump

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My parents and I stayed here awhile ago because my family's house was too crowded. It is expensive however the stay is so comforting. Very clean, big rooms for 4 people. Bathroom is nice and big also. Location is downtown and walking distance to places to eat. I highly recommend staying here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you are a gambler it is convenient too. I am not too much into gambling but i will go and walk around and play a small amount. Overall hotel is nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 469paulinet
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed for two nights and the hotel is beautiful. The location is ideal being at Canal St. and the river. French Quarter across the street. Parked and walked everywhere. Felt very safe staying at Harrah's because they have an underground tunnel from the hotel to the casino. You don't have to go out on the street at all. While gambling you can order your beverages right from your slot machine. What an improvement from having to keep looking for a waitress. Easy and fast. I would and will go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very nice upscale hotel with lots of amenities. Large, clean room. The service staff was especially friendly and helpful. Very close to the waterfront and across the street from their casino. Very close to riverfront trolley line to various tourist sites up and down the river. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were treated great by all employees and they were sometimes entertaining! Room was very clean and view was magnificent of river. We walked everywhere easily including french market, 2 different tour starting points, a great grocery store (Rouse), ferry, Central Grocery (mufalatta), river walks, Jackson Square. They were nice enough to print our boarding pass.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank angelsdeb
TotalServiceHNO, Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Angelsdeb,

Thank you for sharing your Harrah's New Orleans experience with us on Trip Advisor, we sincerely value your feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and the city. We love to entertain our guests and ensure a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This casino resort on the southern edge of the French Quarter goes out of their way to meet your needs for comfort, great food, accomodations and service. Although I have been going to :"The BIg Easy" for years, I've never stayed at this hotel until recently. That was my mistake. This is now my "go to" hotel for service, convenience to the area, fun & great food. The rooms are comfortable & updated. The staff is very attentive to the needs of their guests. Everything is within walking distance of the hotel including the train to the famed Garden District. This hotel is the best deal in New Orleans.

Room Tip: There's not any really good views unless you want to look out over the Mississippi River. If so...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kentoos

Dear Kentoos,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review and sharing your wonderful experience! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and the city during your visit!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harrah's New Orleans!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Upon entering, I checked out the restroom as I usually do and found that the toilet had not been cleaned at all and hair around the toilet. Let's just say, nasty. Room had a great view and I believe was clean. Even though the the cleaning supervisor came up to check it out, I still just never got that "clean" feeling. I knew I would not be in the room much, so I didn't request to move. I would most likely stay here again and in fact I have to this Fall for a conference. Love the area. Again, great view of MS River, Bridge and surrounding area.

Room Tip: Ask for view facing the river if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig P

Dear Craig P,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I am sorry to hear the room cleanliness was not satisfactory. This is unacceptable and not the product we wish to provide.

I am glad to hear that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the Fall. We look forward to welcoming you back.