“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodside, New York
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My mother and I spent 4 nights here and it was a pleasure. Staff is very friendly and willing to help with all your needs. The rooms are very comfortable, especially the beds. Housekeeping was done each day and all staff were respectful. The buffet at the Harrah's Casino is outstanding. There is also a passageway which connects the hotel to the casino. Concierge were very helpful when I inquired about visiting "Café Reconcile" restaurant and advised me to take a cab which was the easiest way to get to my destination. The food is so delicious and I would recommend any tourist who visits New Orleans to go. I also recommend to eat at the Gumbo Shop which is located in the French Quarter.

1 Thank Hugo P
TotalServiceHNO, Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Hugo P.,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review and sharing your wonderful experience at Harrah's New Orleans! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel and Buffet services and glad that you were able to take advantage of the many sights and sounds New Orleans has to offer.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

Thank you and let the good times roll!

*TD
Customer Service Team
Harrah's New Orleans Casino & Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I drove from Chicago to New Orleans Harrahs.I have been a Diamond member for over ten years.When i made my reservation i reserved a premium room.Granted,we arrived a eight o'clock in the evening,so we still got a premium room but when i asked for a water view i was denied.I slipped the guy a ten dollar bill and he took it and gave us a room with a view of the building next door.No class.the next day someone else took care of us and gave us a water view.after that everything was cool

Room Tip: dont get there late and don't bother tipping,it didnt work
Green Features: their green practices are very well executed i did not see anything to the contrary
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blazin7s
TotalServiceHNO, Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Blazin7s,

I love your username! Thank you for your TripAdvisor review on your Hotel experience. We are sorry that we were unable to accommodate the Riverview room on your arrival. When available, we do our best to accommodate guest's room preference request especially for our Diamonds... free of charge. However, we are glad that everything worked out the next day. We look forward to welcoming you back!

New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during the week and enjoyed it very much. The staff here is very friendly, and always willing to assist. There are many great resturants, bars, and other attractions very close. Our room was very clean with plenty of room to stretch out. The only negative I can think of is that the TV in our room was outdated, however: I guess most people dont really spend too much time watching TV with so much else to do in the area.

1 Thank Michael B
Dear Michael B,

Thank you for your wonderful TripAdvisor review on your recent experience with us. The hotel will undergo rennovation within the next year and we are getting brand new TVs! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

East Rockaway, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Spent three nights here and it was a pleasure. The staff is exceptional. We had a very, very rough drive from Nashville and were exhausted when we arrived. The woman, Ashley, who checked us in was fantastic. She was charming and friendly and cheered us up after an awful day, each time we left and came back to the lobby she had a personal greeting for us. What an asset to that hotel. All the staff were cordial. The room was very clean and comfortable and we had a great view of the Mississippi from our window. Lots to do within walking distance and the hop on and off tour bus picked us up right across the street in front of the casino.
The casino does not have a non smoking area. I was concerned about that but the ventilation was excellent and I wasn't bothered too much by the smoke.
There were several restaurants in and around the hotel although we only ate at one.
My husband's electric shaver was left in the room and was found. The staff Fed Ex'd it to our next hotel for us. Another great service detail.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia K
Dear Cynthia K,

Thank you for your perfect TripAdvisor review on your recent visit. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

When we arrived, it was about 3pm and I said at check-in that I was a Total Rewards member and the young lady at the desk said my room was still not available. One of the managers (Jara was her name) saw my look of disappointment (it had been a 7hr drive for us) and got us a room immediately. Thanks Jara!!! Every employee was more than helpful. The room was lovely and sparkling clean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I didn't have to pay the 30 dollar parking fee because I gambled at least 30 minutes a day. I only wish I had left the car there when we went to the Windsor Court which is across the street where I had to pay 40 bucks to park!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor so you can see the entire city lights at night
1 Thank Peaches0422
Dear Peaches0422,

Thank you for your fabulous TripAdvisor review on your recent visit at Harrah's New Orleans. We are delighted to know that Jara was able to take care of you. We look forward to your return visit!

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I brought my parents here for a couple nights. You never know what you will get when checking into a hotel. We were greeted so warmly that it set the tone for a great stay. Beautiful rooms and loved the bathtub. My only complaint was the drinks. The 501 coffee stand inside the tunnel was too expensive and not good quality. Starbucks is worth the walk through the casino for good coffee. Also, the complimentary drinks while gambling were not good. We had just come from beau rivage in Biloxi so maybe we were spoiled. Overall, the rooms are beautiful and the staff was wonderful! We will return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UKCat1125
Dear UKCat1125,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We love the garden tub and glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit!

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The most friendly casino hotel I have ever been to! Tables were only $5.00 on a saturday night!! $5.00! Very friendly staff and amazing place to kickback after drinking your life away on bourbon st. Great selection of games and foods.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luc V
TotalServiceHNO, Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review!

We appreciate your feedback and are ecstatic to hear that you had a great time at our Casino and Hotel! We love to hear that our staff is doing a great job providing excellent Customer Service to our guests. We hope you plan to visit Harrah's New Orleans again soon and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Thank you and continue to let the good times roll!

*TD