“Very nice hotel and GREAT Beds!”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Harrah's actually has information in their rooms for how to order your own mattress like theirs -- they must get lots of inquiries! The beds were amazing and that just topped off a very nice stay in a very nice hotel. The staff was great, the location was great, and we had no complaints.

The only thing I would say is that I wouldn't have paid $400 a night to stay there. Because we were there for a tournament in the casino, our rooms were comped, but if we had been paying the regular $400 rate I would have felt that it was a over-priced. It was a wonderful stay, but not $400 of wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HowdyColo
Write a ReviewReviews (5,518)

Reviewed 22 March 2009

This was our fifth trip to NOLA to say at Harrahs. Our previous trips always went fairly well. The rooms are luxury rooms with great amenities. The hotel staff have benn accomadating when we asked for a room close to the elevator and good views.

The food court is not the best. Very expensive and food is mediocre. We ate twice at the steak house in the casino and both times I got sick, second time with severe vomiting. Won't eat there again!!

In out other stays the casino was ok. Some of my favorite machines from previous visits were gone and replaced with newer, tighter machines. On our last stay I had a ticket for $490 that I was trying to cash at the redemption center. It wouldn't cash the ticket and I went to the cashier cage. There I was told that the ticket had already been cashed and there was nothing they could do for me. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was told the same thing. I kept going up the chain and was then told that the ticket had been played out on a machine. (How would I have had the ticket if that had happened???) I kept at it because I had not cashed the ticket or played it out and felt like they were trying to rip me off. I kept asking to speak to someone higher and for them to pull their security tapes, zoom in on the machine they thought I had played the ticket out on. Finally, after about an hour and half later, the manager on duty of the casino agreed to pay out the ticket, this time the excuse was that the slot machine sent the wrong message to the computer. Overall this whole incident was very upsetting. I decided at that time that I would not be a repeat customer at NOLA again. The staff at the casino cage were uncaring and rude. We drove 8 hours to play and stay at NOLA. We have since picked several other casino chains as our NEW casino of choice to play at. NOLA will not see us again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2009

This would never be my first choice for a gaming location. The good news is there are plenty of other things to do in New Orleans. We were just there -- and over the course of four days we did not see ANYONE hit ANY handpaid jackpots. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

We went to FairGrounds for the races and hit their slots - we came out ahead there.

Hotel is nice. NO POOL OR SPA however, which is a shame. Esp. with NOLA's hot, humid weather. Pool time would be good to have.

Buffet was good. Diamond Lounge merely okay. No 7 stars lounge.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank pelicannut
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I stayed at Harrahs with my aunt, and we got a great deal mainly because of her rewards points from other Harrahs casinos. The hotel room was very comfortable and it was very easy to get to the casino from the hotels. The casino was not the most impressive casino, but it wasnt bad. The Hotel is located right by Canal Street on the edge of the French Quarter. Not so great for walking back at night, but definatly a decent location. IT is a large hotel, which is unlike most of hte hotels you will find in the French Quarter. While it is not a budget hotel, if you are able to it is definatly a good place to stay while inn NOLA. IF you are driving, parking was very expensive. One drawback is that there is no swimming pool..as our stay was in July..that would have been a nice bonus.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank megd80
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I loved the hotel staff for the most part. They were wonderful. They remembered my name after the check-in throughout my stay. They were very accomodating and gracious. We were there for 4 days Feb 26-Mar 1 2009. The room was a comp that my friends received because of their status as casino players. I hadn't gambled in 8 years. So I took along $1300.00 of which I earned a WHOPPING GRAND TOTAL OF $5.00 In rewards!!!! The room itself was very nice, it had a built in media/closet and a safe box which was handy. The hallways were littered with trays for days. It would take ALL day long for them to be removed (that is just plain GROSS!) The housekeeping lady was sitting on the floor at 9am or so when I passed her, I came back around 10:15.........STILL SITTING THERE ON HER CELL PHONE BLABBING! Even if she was on break, it should have been done OUT of view! Oh and if you don't turn on your light you wont get your room cleaned and even if you do, you had best plan on being gone a LONG time. I came back 4 times during the day, finally I told the young lady to just refresh my towels and to take the food tray ( she placed it in the hallway where it sat for 15 hours.)
There were a few problems, had I not visited my friends room next door I wouldn't have KNOWN that I wasn't given the duvet comforter (which would have been nice.) My door broke the 2nd night we were there, the return arm fell. Thank God it didn't fall on ME! It weighed about 25 lbs and was dangerous!

The casino had very expensive dining. The Casino eateries SUCK! Bambu should be named Shamu. Was some of the WORST food ever created. The buffett is GROSS and institutional.

The Hotel has a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, that was fabulous, across the way is Gordon Biersch, it was also absolutely fabulous and the food was amazing. Highly recommend both of these. Also Adelaide's at Loew's Hotel was some of the best food I have EVER had in my life.

All in all the hotel was OK........the staff beyond housekeeping was great, but the Casino was the WORST. I expect to LOSE $..........just not so damn fast! It wasn't even fun! There were thugs EVERYWHERE and the security is scary.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephagrl
Reviewed 19 February 2009

Every thing was great, nice room with a view. Good service, nice people and a perfect location. Now for the one big mistake. After confirming or reservation a couple of hours before we arrived, when we got there and they didn't have our room. They give three adults a room with one bed and brought in a roll away bed. What was a nice big room for two was now a small room for three. Too bad, this would have been a great stay except for a roll away bed. I would recommend this hotel but only for two or less people.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2009

I am a Seven Stars player and only play at Harrahs Hotels in New Orleans, Tunica, Atlantic City, and Las vegas.

Sometimes I go with a Harrahs travel group and sometimes I contact the Hotels directly. My Airfare, Hotel and (usually food) are always comped.

I love Harrahs New Orleans. The hotel is beautiful.
I get a big kick out of having a doorbell for my suite and an inside the room operated Do Not Disturb button.

The Suites are roomy and well equiped.

I especially like the bathrooms.

The Casino personnel are friendly and go out of their way to be of service.

I am not big on spicy foods.... but the Hotel food here is so good that I don't mind it being spicy.

I am going again this coming weekend February 6 and am looking forward to another excellent trip.

Ron Charlotte, N.C.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ldrron