“Harrahs Hotel was Fantastic!”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntington Station, New York
“Harrahs Hotel was Fantastic!”
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Just returned from a week's stay at Harrah's Hotel in New Orleans. I thought it was the nicest casino hotel I have ever stayed in. It is seperate from the casino so it is much more private and quiet. The staff could not have been nicer or more welcoming. They were extremely helpful with all directions and restaurant recommendations . It is in the perfect location right by the Warehouse District and only a few short blocks from the French Quarter. A very safe area and no problem walking to everything at night. I could not recomend it more highly we had a wondrful stay!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,272)
California
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We went to New Orleans for the jazz fest and booked the hotel a month before going there. Our room was $450/night i requested a water view high floor nonsmoking. When we got there they gave us a handicap rm on the 5th floor! I called the concierge for restraunt recomendations-I was placed on hold for 20 mins then she referred us to a place that once we arrived found out it was closed on Monday nights we ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe. Check out the Lowes hotel or the W that are both right across the street from Harrahs and the casino.

3 Thank JMo36
Ponchatoula Louisiana
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We went to Harrah's and stayed at the Harrah's partner hotel the Hilton. We loved the hotel. It was beautiful and staff was very friendly. The only draw back was having to pay 30 dollars for valet parking. It is located in a good area and easy to get to all attractions in New Orleans. The casino was alot of fun. We would definately go again.

1 Thank cajunmedic
Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We had a wonderful stay at Harrahs and thought everything was lovely. Staff was friendly and casino was great. Only regret was the high priced room service menu and NO free valet parking. We have NEVER had to pay for valet at any Harrahs with our Diamond status.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Houma
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I have been staying at Harrah's since the opening. There is no comparison to any of the other hotels I have stayed in New Orleans. The comfort and hospitality is second to none. The rooms are clean and oversized. The service was great. The restaurants are wonderful. Harrahs' has always gone out of their way to be sure my stay was a great one. I have been to Las Vegas, Reno, Tahoe and New Orleans is the best.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2009

My husband and I went to NOLA and stayed at Harrah's. The location was super convenient to the French Quarter and the Garden District (via streetcar). We loved that it was right off Canal thru the casino. Safety was no problem at all. You have to have a room key to even get the elevators to move. We walked from the Quarter via St. Peter's without any problems. It was about 15minutes walking to get to Jackson Square and 5-7 minutes to get to the street car stop on St. Charles.

The bathroom was nice with the soaking tub and separate shower. We were in room 703--which was close to the elevator and had a partial view of the river. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed that we have slept in. The staff was very attentive and helpful. We loved that the casino was easily accessible thru the underground tunnel since it was a little cold in the morning.

The only complaint was the buffet. The food was not that great but it was convenient late at night. The casino was fairly good to us. I did win enough that I broke even even though I played many hours during my down time in NOLA.

I would stay at Harrahs New Orleans again for a nice place in a great location.

1 Thank MadokaRN
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2009

This was our first trip to NOLA and I was pleasantly surprised. The Hotel is beautiful and very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It had a nice choice of restaurants, but besides the ones on site the area is loaded with great places to eat. It is in an ideal location, a few blocks from the French Quarter and a street car ride from the Garden district. The casino was as lose as the other Harrah's casinos In AC, Vegas, and Biloxi. However, they did not offer large jackpots. The largest I noticed was $15,000.00. I honestly had no complaints, we had a wonderful three day stay.