“HARRAHS IS LOSING IT”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I booked a 3 night stay at Harrahs and was assigned Room 1120. Upon my entry to the room, I discovered that the carpet was filthy. There were dirty spots on the carpet between the beds and next to the window. The carpet was torn where the marble meets the carpet. I called downstairs to advise the front desk. I was told that there were no other rooms available and someone would be up to shampoo the carpet . I was asked to leave the room for an hour to allow the staff to shampoo the carpet. Thank God, it was only 4 in the afternoon. We left the room and upon our return about 3 hours later, nothing had been done to the carpet. I spoke with the front desk and they assured me it would be taken care the next day.

We decided to drive to Destin the next day and this would give the hotel staff time to make the necessary changes to the room. When we returned that night, NOTHING had been done. The carpet was still dirty AND there was a leak from the A/C and as a result of the leak, the room also smelled of mildew!! I immediately called downstairs and complained. Several technicians were sent to the room and confirmed that there was indeed a leak from the a/c. Our luggage which had remained in the room was wet from the a/c leak. I was told that because there was a convention in town they had no other rooms. I inquired about other properties in the area. Harrahs arranged from me to get a room at Loews. It was 10 p.m and WE were responsible for getting our luggage across the street to the Loews property.

Harrahs is a nice property but management needs to do more to maintain it. Otherwise, it will be just another dump!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank blpeter
There are newer reviews for Harrah's New Orleans

Reviewed 19 August 2010

Hotel is nice. Parking is a big time problem. Everytime you leave out the parking garage you have to play or pay . Hotel guest should have a one time fee for 24 hrs. Several employees inside casino are unsure about the parking rules. Just a warning have plenty of extra money to dish out for parking, its very costly.
Carpet in room is stained and torned in certain areas. Hotel is located in nice area. Machines could be a little more lose.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Wonderful220
Reviewed 19 August 2010

It was breath taking to walk into the hotel. The lobby was very exquisite. I'm a very ticky person and hotel bathrooms must meet my standards. This hotel exceeded beyond my expectations. Very well maintained. The mirrowed elevator area had no finger prints. The casino was great. I did not win any money, but I did not care because my stay there was flawless. I would definitely recommend this Harrahs Property to anyone that loves a clean and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank laDerrica1
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My husband and I stayed for one night (8/15/10) - lovely room -- fabulous, comfortable bed; large bathroom, etc. Wish that water pressure in the shower would have been more forceful, but the water was nice and hot.

Air conditioniong was so quiet....didn't even know it was running, but it was very comfortable in the room, so knew that it was!

Slots were rather tight yesterday/last night. We were at the Grand Casino Biloxi the day before (also a Harrah's property) and their slots are lots looser!!

Buffet was really good - lots of choices!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gailhouston
Reviewed 15 August 2010

beautiful immaculately kept hotel across from casino concierge staff gave flawless service so very welcoming

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank selma1228
Reviewed 13 August 2010

A beautiful hotel with everything you need close by. The view was awesome, staff always helpful and available. We didn't lack for anything. I asked a question about the location of a restaurant and immediately the concierge was on the phone confirming their hours making a reservation. Certainly A+ service. Even if you don't plan on gambling, I'd say stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 6 August 2010

One of the nicest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed at. Rooms large and luxurious. Bathroom to good to be true; seperate shower and tub and of a very high quality! Toilet area in it's own room within the bathroom, plenty of space. The only downside of the hotel itself was the water................... no cold water! Yes, I know, usually people complain that they wait forever for hot shower water, not here. You can run the cold water for an hour and it remains bath tub warm. Not so great if you want a cold glass to wash down your meds, etc. The bottled water offered at $6 per made me sparingly drink the tap to wash down my meds. Other than that, an A++++++++++++ place. Great location near the Riverwalk and French 1/4.

On a side note, Ruth's Chris Steak House is located in the hotel. A great one time place to eat. Once you've paid 2x-3x for what you can get elsewhere, the charm wears off. A $100+ bill for two with one glass of wine each is way to much and certainly not worth it. We did a 30th Anniv. dinner so it was a one timer. I have no problem spending money, Harrah's wasn't cheap, but foolishly is another question.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple