We stayed there in the Eurasian Suite, two rooms and a bathroom, looks exactly like on the web site pictures. The funny part they have some Egyptian themed pictures there and Egypt is in Africa, not in Eurasia, but who cares. One thing the suite was missing is a good TV. The one in the room was so small - we didn't even bother to try it out. The beds were definitely old, not super comfortable but ok to sleep.
The building is old and well restored. It's quite and comfortable.
The breakfast was nice and the owner was very helpful.
The place is about 20-25 minutes walk from the French Quarter (depending where you go) and you have to walk under a freeway, so it's kind of doable, but I wish it were a bit closer. It's probably a quick cab ride, but when we called taxi in the evening, they said that we would need to wait about 15 mins, so either way it would take time to get there.
There is a gated parking behind the building. It's quite tight, so getting in and turning around was a bit of a challenge even with our Corolla.
Overall, this is a good place to stay, you'll get top notch service and everything you see on the web site. However, next time I'd probably look for something a bit closer to the French Quarter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Continents Guest House is a 5500 SF 1880's Greek Revival Mansion on beautiful live oak lined Esplanade Avenue 8 blocks from the historic French Quarter. It has a separate cottage in the back, off street gated parking, a balcony and front, back and side upstairs porch. Each room is themed for a different continent. Luxury on a budget. Either individual room rentals or the entire compound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Five Continents Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Five Continents b&b
- 5 Continents Bed And Breakfast
- Five Continents Hotel New Orleans