“Great location, great value. I wouldn´t think of staying anywhere else.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Crescent City Guest House
Ranked #54 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location, great value. I wouldn´t think of staying anywhere else.”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed at Crescent City B&B as a solo female traveller. The value is super. The location is minuted away from Frenchman St and no more than 12 minutes from the heart of the French Quarter. The B&B is very secure and quiet. Breakfast is a help yourself anytime situation with a stocked kitchen of cereal, bagels, fruit and juices. The main livingroom/ eating area is well stocked with tourist info, maps, books on the history of New Orleans and New Orleans themed literature. Free wifi internet was also available.

The neighborhood is quiet and I felt safe. I visited nearby businesses like the Satsuma Cafe and Baywater BBQ which are off the tourist path and near the B&B. Tours picked me up at the B&B and Joyride bike rentals dropped off a bike as well. The locked and secure yard made it easy for me to have a bike for more than 1 day. It was also a very well tended back yard with a seating area.

The owners made sure my visit was comfortable and I had everything I needed, but otherwise I hardly saw them. It was like renting a small apt in New Orleans for a week. It was a great value, a great time and if I were to visit New Orleans agian.. I wouldn´t hesitate to book another stay at Crescent City B&B

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Jill20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I spent two nights at Crescent GH and absolutely loved it.
The room and bathroom were very spacious, nicely furnished, extremely clean and super comfortable. The bed was very very comfortable, we slept really well. All the rooms (only 4) share a common living area with comfortable couch, books, and kitchen. The continental breakfast was very good (keep in mind that you have to prepare your own), with plenty of fruits, juices, cereal, bagels etc. The garden in the back was lovely and truly manicured, and it has nice tables and chairs to hang out, relax ...or have breakfast.
The hosts are very nice and helpful, but also very discreet. They're there if you need them but they're not overbearing. They helped us with laundry and printing boarding passes, they're very gracious hosts.
The location could not be beaten: just 2 minutes to Frenchmen st. on foot and a few more minutes to the French Quarter!! It felt very safe and Marigny is very pretty, without being too touristy.
Finally, for the price, you get A LOT of bang for your back! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank myosotis
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I stayed here a few years back for my birthday with friends. As I was going to be in New Orleans on business I thought I'd see if Matt & Lynn had any vacancies, knowing the French Quarter Festival would be going on the weekend I would still be there. Yes, they did and I couldn't be happier. I love this place! It is so clean & welcoming. There are four guest rooms and a huge common living area with refrigerator, sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, electric tea kettle......all the dishes & silverware. The refrigerator is stocked with juices, milk, bagels (4 kinds), English muffins (two kinds), butter, creamer, fresh fruit. Matt comes puts out fresh bananas every morning. A cabinet is filled with different kinds of cold cereal. A great way to start the morning. The rooms are immaculate and have everything you could need. Very comfortable, very nicely decorated. The French Quarter is about 4 blocks away. The guest house is in the Marigny district. Very quiet. I felt very safe as a solo female traveler, There is on street parking and you can park in the driveway or behind the gate if you don't have to move your car every day. Very convenient. My friend came to stay with me on the weekend and we walked to the Quarter for the French Quarter Festival. Perfect. Matt & Lynn are so nice, so accommodating. They've provided all kinds of information about where to go in New Orleans from tours to places to eat to places to see. Also free wi-fi & cable t.v. This is a great place and I know I'll be back again. It's a hidden gem.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Dollc
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My wife and I spend 3 days in NoLa at Crescent City Guest House. To be honest, considering what we paid, this place is a great value. Matt and Lynn were attentive, but stayed out of our way and afforded us alot of privacy. We didn't have breakfast prepared for us, but the selection of cereals, bagels, etc and coffee was very satisfactory. The place is about a 10 minute walk to the beats and sounds of Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, and is a few blocks from Frenchman Street, where it's apparently a local Bourbon Street, so to say. We were able to find parking in front of the house with no problem and there is a hot tub that we didn't take advantage of. We will recommend this place to friends and family.

Cons: The internet connection was wireless, but spotty. I'm not sure if this was just a bad few days for there system or not.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2011

we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cresent City Guest House, the room was more than comfortable and being able to get our own breakfast or make snacks whenever we wanted was a real plus. the location is perfect to enjoy all New Orleans has to offer!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AussieinPittsburgh
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I just want to say that this is, far and away, the best guest house my girlfriend and I have ever stayed in. Even if we hadn't ended up enjoying New Orleans as much as we did, we would come back just to stay here again--which we will as soon as we're able.
In short: our room (suite 3) was spacious, comfortable and impeccably clean; our host (Matt) was wonderfully polite and helpful; the tidy common room was well stocked with food and travel guides, and the garden beautiful and relaxing; and every amenity we could imagine seemed somehow to be taken care of in advance.
The house is also in a GREAT area. It's only about five minutes' walk from the French Quarter if/when you want to go there, but the neighborhood immediately surrounding it (the Marigny) is much less touristy and has a lot of really cool spots to check out. The "action" in New Orleans is notorious, but it gets old quickly; and it was great to have somewhere this pleasant, relaxing and accessible as a home base.
Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. We'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jwcarpenter
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We've been to New Orleans many times. Big hotels, small hotels, B & B's.

This is a GREAT VALUE for the $$.

Clean and convenient and safe.

Within walking dastance to riverfront, FQ, restaurants

Harry & Linda