“I hate this hotel and I have never stayed here!”

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Ranked #65 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gulfport
“I hate this hotel and I have never stayed here!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Please note: I had to put a trip type and a travel date on here for the review to post, but I HAVE NEVER STAYED HERE. I made reservations in July 2013 for the 2014 Essence Music Festival. Although there was no mention of a deposit being required at any time, I was charged two deposits (I had three reservations - one for myself and two for family members). I called the hotel to get the issue resolved quickly; it took no less than 5 calls to speak with a manager (ended up being Kinisha Stuart/Stewart). She was less than friendly and would not fax an authorization to my bank to get the funds released although the error was the hotel's fault. Mind you, I gave my permission to Of course, I cancelled all three reservations and I sent a letter to the general manager, Maria; if my life depended on her contacting me, I'd be dead. It took 2 WEEKS to get almost $300 credited back to my bank account. Now, here's the killer part: I have a charge on my debit card from the hotel TODAY. Mind you, I HAVE NEVER STAYED THERE! AND, I have no pending reservations with them. "Fortunately," I got Kinisha again; she was pleasant this time and referred me to contact their accounting department around 9 AM. Based on my last experience, it will take 14 days for me to get my money back. And, that's more wonderful this time because I'm a Federal employee who is currently not receiving any pay. When I tell you that I will NEVER stay at this propety in my life and will NEVER refer anyone to stay there, I am not exaggerating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
On behalf he front office management team at the Best West Western St. Christopher Hotel, please accept our apology for your unpleasant stay at the hotel. We strive to ensure our guest experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We would like to extend our deepest apology. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss these issues personally. I look forward to speaking with you and I hope that in the future you would be willing o give us a second chance. Thanks in advance!

Front Office Supervisors

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Polish first
Hell, Norway
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you don't mind spending your New Orleans downtime in a dungeon with paper-thin walls, this is the place for you.

Everyone else would be well advised to look elsewhere, albeit in the same general area as the location is quite good.

If you are still a sucker for punishment, be advised that most of the rooms on each floor are in a central cluster. This means you get a fake window, not a real one. When you wake up at a reasonable time, it still feels like 3 am. Noise reverberates around the corridors, and conversation from neighboring rooms is crystal clear through the walls.

In short, this is the worst Best Western I have stayed in. It should be Best Western MINUS, not Plus. Breakfast was average, front-desk staff nice at check-in, but comletely unsympahetic if you want to change rooms.

Please avoid this awful hotel.

Room Tip: Get a window room, or look elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dgdevil

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We have been to NOLA a couple of other times & stayed other places but enjoyed the St Christopher because of its close proximity to the Frencch Quarter. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly & it was a great value. I highly recommend the St Christopher for your next stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in comfort, great staff and the perfect location that is close to everything. We hope that you travel to our area again sometime in the future and get the opportunity to experience some of our great hospitality again.
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The price and location make this hotel a must for a trip to New Orleans. All of the staff was professional, courteous and friendly. The rooms are charming and comfortable. We will have the St. Christopher at the top of our list for our next visit to NOLA. Great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Arrived early but was able to check in, Brie was extremely helpful and friendly. We change our reservation to the 3 day Audubon package after Brie carefully explain to me everything that was included. Great package, well worth it. We had a minor glitch one day and getting our car but Johnny stay late to make sure we were taken care of before he went home. We were meeting another couple, Brie went the extra mile to try to get us on the same floor and was able to. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you so much for your review on our property. We do feel as though ALL of our guest are royalty and we are pleased that we could make your stay a great one. If you find yourself in the downtown New Orleans area again, please come over and visit as we would love to shower you with our southern hospitality.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is over rated!!! There was mold on the ice tray,everything was dusty and the rooms are tiny. We reserved our rooms month in advance and requested that they were next to each other and they were not. Then we were missing half a tank of gas while are car was valet!!!!!!!! Do not stay here!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank lrd0317
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2013

Nashville, TN, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The room was quiet - great after a night of partying. The bed was EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE. And the staff was very friendly. It's about a 7 block walk to the heart of Bourbon street. Since it was still daylight, we skipped the cab and it took about 15 minutes to get there, not bad. We definitely took a cab back to the hotel for about a charge of $10. Not bad.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business