“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ashburn, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Always had a smile and gave great recommendations on places to see and eat. The valet was very helpful as well. It was tough to see the location once you first get there and no assigned loading/unloading zone made it a little difficult, but the valet team was quick to help you get in/out of your car. I would definitely go back. Great location as well!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Matthew R
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. It was our pleasure to be a service to you,hopefully you will have the opportunity to enjoy some more of our southern hospitality on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I called this hotel yesterday to see if they had availibility as we were stranded in New Orleans after our flight had been cancelled. I was informed that there were indeed rooms available at around 120 a night. I asked if they have a government rate and I was told yes. BUT, I needed to call the 800 customer service number. I again explained that we were stranded at the airport and hardly any battery left on cell phone. The front desk clerk could not help me at all? Come on now, you cant call for us and help us out? Not to mention was rude about it.....Poor form...poor form. Will not call there ever again. We'll continue to go to the Wyndham Riverfront which was able to help out and give us the discounted rate which helped us out tremendously!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krissy J
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I’m deeply sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at The Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel. This is highly uncharacteristic of our staff, as we pride ourselves on being efficient and very helpful with all our guests. The experience you received is not acceptable and that’s not what we promote. However, I want to send out my deepest apology for your experience, I hope in the future if you travel to New Orleans you give us a second chance.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for an overnight trip in February. The location was easy access to trollys and within walking distance of the Riverwalk, Harahs, and not too bad to the French Quarter. We really loved the style of the property. It is over 130 years old and was restored to showcase the old brick and heart-of-pine timber construction. Our corner room had two 3 walls that were the original exposed brick. The room was very clean and comfortably appointed.

**The only thing I would warn travelers of is that they lock you out of your room about an hour before checkout.**
Not all front desk workers are aware of this and will issue you useless keys to try until you mention that it appears that your door lock is not responding at all. Then a manager can tell them that it has to do with checkout and to call maintenance. Maintenance is prompt to respond, but this makes checkout a bit of a hassle as multiple guests will have this issue. They aren't too well versed on any kind of gift card or rewards as the one of the previous reviewers wrote about at length. Our only trouble was getting a receipt that would show how much was charged to our credit card.

Other than those issues, it was a very nice stay. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our two double bed room on the corner on the 5th floor was very nice. Two windows (though one looks...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flynaway
Tallahassee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Nice hotel in a great location. The staff was helpful & the housekeepers were friendly. Easy walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The hotel has a nice history & the brick walls made the rooms charming.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Zachary, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

My children and I travel quite a bit as my husband works out of town. We also come to New Orleans monthly..... This particular trip was extremely important to me and my children as we had been dealing with some really tough personal stuff and were giving ourselves one night to get away from it all. This hotel all but destroyed my trip for me and my children! We used our preferred customer points (for the first time) for the room. Checking in was fine. It is a nice, boutique hotel and I was pleased with the look and location. After enjoying the zoo we returned to the hotel to freshen up then headed out for dinner and some jazz, returning around 9:30 pm to settle in for some much needed mommy snuggle time.... well that went to hell in a hand basket! No sooner than I got to my room did the room phone begin to ring! Front desk clerk who, I hadn't mentioned yet was a blooming idiot upon check-in and could barely speak english even though she was an american was now calling me to tell me that she had a problem with my points..... Wait????? I checked in over 7 hours ago with no problem and NOW there is a problem????? She proceeded to tell me that if I did not fix it she would then charge my credit card! WHAT????? She gave me 800 numbers to call that NEVER answered the phone and I finally hung up after 40 minutes of this. She calls me back and tells me that I (I) must have it resolved before the end of her shift or I was being charged. At one point, since my confirmation was on my email, which had been printed out and given to her, she had the audacity to tell me that I needed to give her my personal email address and password to my account.... WHAT????? I spent the next two hours on the phone with different reps from customer service, rewards, and her harassing phone calls until I finally got the right person from a corporate office on the phone who eventually put me on hold while she called this stupid person to tell them how to enter the numbers properly into the system. This person from corporate told me that it was as simple as her picking up the phone and calling them herself (which she said she had done, but was confirmed that she had not) and would have taken all of 5 minutes!!!!!! Upon leaving the hotel I spoke to one of the managers about my experience and how angry I was at how I had been treated. I was satisfied with the result of her offer to send me another voucher to come back and that the employee had been a long term problem and it would be resolved. Let's add insult to injury here. That was January 20, 2014.... So today I try to book a stay again and try again to recoup some time with my children, at the same hotel.... There is NO RECORD OF THE INCIDENT, THERE WAS NO COMPENSATED ROOM, THERE WAS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO ANGRY! I waited to post about this to see what they would do, but they didn't fix the problem, SO SHAME ON YOU ST. CHRISTOPHER.... YOU JUST LOST A MONTHLY GUEST!!!!!! I have but one POSITIVE thing to say.... my Valet Arnold was so awesome! He was the only great part of my service experience! Thank you Arnold for your customer service!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Jennifer G
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Ms Jeniffer
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

P.S I will talk to my GM about your voucher... and Get you another mailed to you if you like.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 504-648-0444.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Staff were very helpful and efficient organising day trip and cars for airport transfers. Rooms were small and clean. Some rooms are in the centre of the builing so they have no windows which was a bit of a shame. Breakfast was good although it finished pretty early.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear MS. Karina

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 504-648-0444.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Reminds me of an inn or motel
The rooms Really need to be updated
Has the same decor from 2003
There's a breakfast spot
Valet is 25
Employees are nice and helpful
The only thing that seemed upgraded was the downtown bathroom
A block from garage casino

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends